IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

20 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

Speaking of collecting, would you be mad or glad, if you found this under your bed and you had no idea it was there (THAT ISN'T Y HANDWRITING, DAMMIT!)?

I haven't bothered to look under the bed in the game room in at least a decade. 🤬 :ponder: :?

IMG_7592.jpg

I'd maticulously sort these into a checklist personally . . .

On 7/27/2024 at 12:50 PM, Fred_M said:

This is my collection of 2600 and 7800 games 😃 so far. Luckily I purchased most of them many many years ago when no one was interested in old Atari games 😉

2600games1.thumb.jpg.f6bdcc44b7ed81736f2d85a00d05ce61.jpg

2600games2.thumb.jpg.830707e522adf4bf9800d242c08eae17.jpg

7800games.thumb.jpg.e272b68da75c9c2656e10f178fa3ee5a.jpg

Wooo! Ikari!

Never fails to excite me when i see a copy

• Like 2

On 7/25/2024 at 2:43 PM, shane857 said:

My Pro-line Joystick arrived today...

The box is worn thou the Joystick is mint and in perfect working condition.

Love the design, looks like a prop from the original Star Trek series. 'Beam me up Scotty!'😂

Tested it out on Commando and Ikari 7800 just to see how it performed and if it actually worked, both buttons.

I actually found Commando and Ikari easier to play with this compared to the CX78.

Does it cramp your hands? Yes after a while. No more so than the CX40 digging into your palm thou.

Children would find it difficult to use. More of an adult joystick.

I found if you squeeze the bottom of the joystick with both your palms while playing, it isn't so uncomfortable.

I honestly don't understand all the bad rap for this Joystick.

I personally love it! 1000's would probably disagree thou...😂

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

I still need to find one, but i feel like not wanting to risk my money...

I do also wanna eventually get a few of the games i would wanna try it with, sim flighters, the shooters... but just because i want them period.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

You're in for a real treat, awesome game.

I've played it before as a ROM.  Like I did with most 2600/7800 games.  It's nice to own the carts though.  As for homebrews, at least the ones I own, I had not played until getting the carts.  Whereas other homebrews I just played the ROM.

Anyway, Sea Quest is a good shooter.  It's a fun game.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

I'd maticulously sort these into a checklist personally . . .

I was happy to read this comment.

I'm not the only one with an Excel sheet cataloguing my entire collection then, with region, manual, box or CIB noted too. :)

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

I'm not the only one with an Excel sheet cataloguing my entire collection then, with region, manual, box or CIB noted too. :)

You are absolutely not the only one 😃 I have to catalog my collection, because when I did not I bought too many duplicates 🤣

Normally I post my new items on Facebook and my website only, but these are my latest finds 😃

new_07_0_24.thumb.jpg.a3650b5216c3dd29133c7432ceaf78cf.jpg

The box of the Atari Programmer Pack (luckily I already have the contents of the box, so the pack is complete). A game of Concentration (NTSC), Gorf (SECAM), Decathlon (SECAM), Venture (Label variant – PAL), Skeet Shoot (PAL) and Skindiver (PAL) for the 2600. And a joystick extension cable in original Atari Benelux packaging.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Fred_M said:

You are absolutely not the only one 😃 I have to catalog my collection, because when I did not I bought too many duplicates 🤣

Normally I post my new items on Facebook and my website only, but these are my latest finds 😃

The box of the Atari Programmer Pack (luckily I already have the contents of the box, so the pack is complete). A game of Concentration (NTSC), Gorf (SECAM), Decathlon (SECAM), Venture (Label variant – PAL), Skeet Shoot (PAL) and Skindiver (PAL) for the 2600. And a joystick extension cable in original Atari Benelux packaging.

Very nice! 

(SECAM) I just looked this up lol. I’ve been seeing this mentioned in posts, never heard of it! Learn something new everyday. 😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fred_M said:

Very nice, and a couple of SECAM games.

My SECAM River Raid is still flying over from Germany...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Ironically i havent yet, but i'm just dead set on you know which game that i'm kinda just on the down low til i can bag it...

Anyways heres 90% of my games

Just now, Maztr_0n said:

Ironically i havent yet, but i'm just dead set on you know which game that i'm kinda just on the down low til i can bag it...

Anyways heres 90% of my games

20240730_123609.thumb.jpg.10e591d2d383734156dc54a6a5d25ac0.jpg

I do not know why it did not show up, i clicked insert.

• Like 1

Btw time pilot is obviously a repro, i kinda would kill to eventually be able to get an actually acurate red label template as i feel like Coleco games on 2600 carts just look natural with a red label cc 1988... but ya know... i have my little hybrid label thing that i might make more labels for... maybe even for a few homebrew?

10 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Really? My list now feels a little lacking!

Mine includes columns for manuals, posters and patches. I also have a tab for all of my hardware (consoles and peripherals).

11 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

Mine includes columns for manuals, posters and patches. I also have a tab for all of my hardware (consoles and peripherals).

Mine is pretty simple. Here's a rather boring example:

Game Region Box Manual Complete Notes
Seaquest NTSC        
Seaquest PAL     Y  

I don't think I could face a 'how much I paid' column, I may feel queesy when it added it all up!

I have a separate tab in the same document for 7800 games, exactly the same format. 🤓

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Seaquest NTSC        
Seaquest PAL     Y  

I don't think I could face a 'how much I paid' column, I may feel queesy when it added it all up!

I have a separate tab in the same document for 7800 games, exactly the same format. 🤓

I have seperate tabs by console as well. I also have a column to identify homebrew games, so I can filter on them as well.

18 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Seaquest NTSC        
Seaquest PAL     Y  

You forgot "Where did I purchase it ..." 😅

13 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I have seperate tabs by console as well. I also have a column to identify homebrew games, so I can filter on them as well.

My doc is basically to help me know what I have and know what I might want to buy at a glance. Am I missing a manual I'd like? Do I have an NTSC copy of this one? Oh I already have seven copies of Combat.