IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

4 minutes ago, Electric-Dreams said:

ok, so what do you think about columns like : DateCode (very important), Reference (CX....) , Label Variation, Company ... so many informations to add 😋

Fkin nerd

:P

EDIT:

I comment on the label type and condition, also if prongs are missing in my notes column.

Edited by JetmanUK

Wow!

FWIW,

My list is right up here!   👉 🤨 (Points to head)  Which is probably why I don't remember what games I have and sometimes need to go look!   (And sometimes,  just sometimes folks,  I realize I already have a game or I found it in a different spot...Usually right after I bought it again!)  :)

• Haha 3

With this earlier talk of controllers,  just thought I'd mention I bought this 7800 controller some time back (2017 maybe?) when someone here on AtariAge had made some.  He had a custom PCB made,  then put them into black aftermarket NES type cases...And,  These were Fantastic!  I think he sold them for $20 or $25,  but inflation is everywhere...They wouldn't be the same price today if someone did it.  Once I started with this,  I almost never touched a Pro-Line again!  (Though,  Like I say I think everyone should try a Pro-Line,  just so they can "appreciate" it and then instantly get something better!  ;)

7800NESController.jpg.c68de377e5d3194ee9e5ff330d6a7c64.jpg

• Like 3

I may get something to tide me over from Ikari Fever i will post when i recieve it...

And i kinda realized that 99% of my friends were big KOF, Metal Slug and general SNK fans combined with the goofy NES port, i think thats why its one of my favorite games. It just feels like hanging out with the fellas with cold ones [juice-boxes] or the beginning to the epic lore of the warriors themselves...

Oh right, not ikari...

Yeah it should come in soon

Amongst other things this arrived today... And I am confused.

I  thought all Telegames carts were PAL? Also I thought this game was called Chuck Norris Superkicks in the USA. So why is my Telegames Kung Fu Superkicks NTSC? 🤔🤷🏻

Don't get me wrong, this is a bonus! 

IMG_20240801_153347.thumb.jpg.5c8e94daa6a9f7c0be5261dbfc308691.jpg

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Amongst other things this arrived today... And I am confused.

I  thought all Telegames carts were PAL? Also I thought this game was called Chuck Norris Superkicks in the USA. So why is my Telegames Kung Fu Superkicks NTSC? 🤔🤷🏻

Don't get me wrong, this is a bonus! 

IMG_20240801_153347.thumb.jpg.5c8e94daa6a9f7c0be5261dbfc308691.jpg

That's interesting.  It could be a factory error.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

That's interesting.  It could be a factory error.

No sorry, it is not. Telegames had 2 branches, 1 in the UK and 1 in the US.

Atarimania lists both versions ;-) https://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari_search_107.117.110.103.32.102.117.32.115.117.112.101.114.107.105.99.107.115._2_G.html

Almost all Telegames games were published in PAL and NTSC: https://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari-2600-vcs-telegames_publisher_38_2_G.html

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fred_M said:

Atarimania lists both versions ;-) https://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari_search_107.117.110.103.32.102.117.32.115.117.112.101.114.107.105.99.107.115._2_G.html

Almost all Telegames games were published in PAL and NTSC: https://www.atarimania.com/list_games_atari-2600-vcs-telegames_publisher_38_2_G.html

Gotcha, thank you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fred_M said:

Good to know.  Thanks for clearing that up.

• Like 1

Hang on, there's still the matter of the name, or was the game re-released as Kung Fu Superkicks in the States too? I guess after the Norris licence expired.

Off to read Atarimania.

I fully expected a PAL game when I bought it and it was cheap, so I am happy how this has turned out. :)

Kung Fu Superkicks (1987/1988) is a rerelease of Chuck Norris Superkicks that was released by Xonox in 1983.

The license to use the name of Chuck Norris was expired. Telegames rereleased the game in the US (NTSC) and Europe (PAL) under the name Kung Fu Superkicks - Pursuit of the Ninja.

Atarimania has a ton of good info 😃

Sadly Telegames is another company that did not bother to put the region on the box ;-)

Nice find by the way!

Edited by Fred_M
typo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Fred_M said:

Kung Fu Superkicks (1987/1988) is a rerelease of Chuck Norris Superkicks that was released by Xonox in 1983.

The license to use the name of Chuck Norris as expired. Telegames rereleased the game in the US (NTSC) and Europe (PAL) under the name Kung Fu Superkicks - Pursuit of the Ninja.

Atarimania has a ton of good info 😃

Sadly Telegames is another company that did not bother to put the region on the box ;-)

Nice find by the way!

Yeah, I visit Atarimania a lot, clearly not enought! HA!

Thank you, I am happy with this purchase, the game is so so, but nice to have.

• Like 1

My SECAM River Raid CIB arrived today. My first and almost certainly my last SECAM game.

1722686750630.thumb.jpg.ff702fef6180ef61e6441456df27c7be.jpg

The 2600 Plus currently identifies the cart as a PAL game and therefore uses the PAL palette, so the colours are not correct. However the colours that are displayed are fine, perfectly visible and playable, and not greyscale. This was seemingly by choice as the colours are too good to be an accident, they are similar to the PAL version being played on a PAL console.

This is what it looks like with the PAL palette:

1722686750684.thumb.jpg.1b7e89b72edf25587f7a3ac4df97f879.jpg

Note that the chopper still includes stripes, the ship has three colours and that fuel/carb is still red and white, albeit a darker shade of red.

As a point of interest look at the PAL game switched to SECAM colours.

Screenshot2024-08-03140336.thumb.png.8be1209eca059d2d50e3d95e592c91fe.png

I have played the ROM in STELLA to see the correct colours. This is what it's supposed to look like, here with it's alternating riverbank colour:

RiverRaidSECAM.thumb.png.1664099a376364a5adca697b68f2f786.pngRiverRaidSECAM2.thumb.png.8550cbc12a258c4df759aa6f87be4379.png

There are some interesting differences though, not just the colour:

• CARB (carburant) instead of FUEL

• The trees have been totally removed, I assume because the SECAM VCS only had one shade of green so green on green wouldn’t have worked. It’s a shame that they didn’t display them on the yellow riverbank sections.

• The riverbank? Well it changes colour at each bridge. It cycles between yellow and green. This is interesting as it’s closer to Carol Shaw’s original vision for the game. She initially had it change colours like this before being talked out of it to offer a more realistic presentation. I think that was the correct decision for PAL and NTSC versions, but on SECAM where the colours are limited it gives some variety and was the correct choice.

It seems to me that of all the SECAM games to own this one is the most interesting as it offers some alternative attributes that make it genuinely different from the other versions. It can also be played on a PAL console without any odd colours. 

I will post the debug info too so that it can be played with it’s correct palette on the 2600 Plus.

1722686750658.jpg

That concludes today's nerd class, enjoy your weekend. 🤓

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1