IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

11 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Yeah, perfect design๐Ÿค™

I opened them up as well, once they arrived years ago. First I thought "ok, they are black..." then I realized they play so "analogue" and reached out for a screwdriver๐Ÿ˜Š

ย 

By the way, one of my later model joystick with leave switches for the buttons got a problem as the plastic of the button got broken. I replaced them with some standard yellow micro switch arcade buttons and they fit (well, stuck forever)๐Ÿ˜…

20240806_203421.jpg

20240806_203609.jpg

20240806_203751.jpg

20240806_203201.jpg

Very nice! Good to know arcade buttons fit. Iโ€™m trying this controller with Juno First, itโ€™s almost like cheating! lol

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Thanks again.ย 

ย 

Before I do just noticed this info:

IMG_20240806_130800.thumb.jpg.1df3981e37d8bd0a9bad3e11b58b041b.jpg

ย 

IMG_20240806_130809.thumb.jpg.f1146689d06019c5796c7b579e6fcc02.jpg

Rev 3 plus an ID number. I wonder how many revisions there were.ย 

Glued! It feels better now that the top doesn't turn at all. I'm wondering if I can get better response from the buttons if I open it and give it a clean. Might try tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

Very nice! Iโ€™m trying this controller with Juno First, itโ€™s almost like cheating! lol

All this talk of Competition Pro is really nostalgic, I had friends who had them, I liked it, I had a Powerplay Cruiser (still have it)... I think the Cruiser is even better! Fully microswitched and has an adjustable stick.ย 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JetmanUK said:

Glued! It feels better now that the top doesn't turn at all. I'm wondering if I can get better response from the buttons if I open it and give it a clean. Might try tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I would, I find these controllers break easily. I donโ€™t think the plastic was the best on these. Be cautious when putting the screws back in if they are over tighten the posts break.

ย 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrChickenz said:

I would, I find these controllers break easily. I donโ€™t think the plastic was the best on these. Be cautious when putting the screws back in if they are over tighten the posts break.

ย 

Oh really? Quite fragile then. I'll be super careful. Thanksย 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

All this talk of Competition Pro is really nostalgic, I had friends who had them, I liked it, I had a Powerplay Cruiser (still have it)... I think the Cruiser is even better! Fully microswitched and has an adjustable stick.ย 

Iโ€™ll have to find a Cruiser, never saw one that I know of.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

I'm having a similar issue with a Yars Comic and cart from Canada. It's been stuck since the 26th July. I wanted it to arrive before the start of September , which seemed obvious that it would, now not so much. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

It's so silly how it got to the exact destination post office - TWICE - and then got sent back home where it came from. All I can think of is that the delivery label got ripped, or wet and it can't be read, or that the shipper was a plonker who doesn't know how to properly address label a package and now it's in Post Office Purgatory forever.

Edited by John Stamos Mullet
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Is this it? It has suction cups? Never saw one before. Looks good!

ย 

ย 

IMG_1491.jpeg

9 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

ย 

ย 

IMG_1491.jpeg

Yes, thats the rather garish clown design. I have the more tasteful all black one and a red, white and blue one.ย 

IMG_20240806_201846.thumb.jpg.510fbfd675f54a811e095046cc605aed.jpg

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

It's so silly how it got to the exact destination post office - TWICE - and then got sent back home where it came from. All I can think of is that the delivery label got ripped, or wet and it can't be read, or that the shipper was a plonker who doesn't know how to properly address label a package and now it's in Post Office Purgatory forever.

Hopefully it comes back, if it was Combat thatโ€™s one thing but not Tapper!

32 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Never seen a Cruiser.

The Comp Pro models were all slightly different with quite some impact on your game play.

For Kick Off2 on the Amiga only the model with micro switches for the stick and leaf switches for the buttons plus(!) rubber centering were be used by many players the others with micro switches for the button and the centering spring never got used by tournament players๐Ÿ˜Š

Since Kick Off2 I am a Semitsu arcade stick user๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

ย 

ย 

IMG_1491.jpeg

why are all the "Ashens home computer joysticks" showing up on this thread now?

Did everybody get a brown couch?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, KainXavier said:

It would be pretty cool to see the Legend of Zelda make it over to the 7800.ย  (Have you seen mzxrule's 2600 game?)ย  That said, I'm one of those weirdos that enjoys Nintendo's terrible and/or more obscure stuff.ย  I want to see ports, remakes, or collections of the CD-i Trilogy, BS-Zelda, and the original LoZ Game & Watch game.ย  The 7800 might not be the best fit for that, though. ๐Ÿ˜›

ย 

Also, I am more excited about Echoes of Wisdom than I have been about any other Zelda title since Wind Waker.

ย 

And uh... to stay on topic, I'm probably going to buy this?ย  I really want to mess around with the SNES2Atari adapter for my own game, and I'll probably pick up A.R.T.I. at some point.

Yes it's already legendary.ย  It's too bad it's only a demo.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2024 at 9:42 PM, fairy princess said:

Just bought this cart from Germany. It has two (not the greatest) Activision games. Dolphin and oink (aka wolf @ pigs.)

ย 

Was worried this wouldn't work on my 2600+ but, it was fine....

ย 

Screenshot_20240731-062235.jpg

@fairy princessย Can you tell us which firmware you are using, because other people (including myself) reported that this cartridge does not work.

ย 

You can find the firmware version of your 2600+ in the bottom right corner of the loading screen.

• Like 1

Saw this on fleebay what the #@$& is this? Not sure how well it works. Itโ€™s different though!

ย 

Atari 2600 Homebrew Player cartridge on socket support to be able to put your eproms without any welding on the support.

Also compatible with the new atari 2600 + provided that the rom is compatible.

Allows you to make your own cartridges by programming eproms of type 2732 only.

Allows you to launch games /homebrews, etc... that have a size of up to 4Ko / 32kb

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

IMG_1528.jpeg

IMG_1529.jpeg

IMG_1530.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, MrChickenz said:

Saw this on fleebay what the #@$& is this? Not sure how well it works. Itโ€™s different though!

ย 

Atari 2600 Homebrew Player cartridge on socket support to be able to put your eproms without any welding on the support.

Also compatible with the new atari 2600 + provided that the rom is compatible.

Allows you to make your own cartridges by programming eproms of type 2732 only.

Allows you to launch games /homebrews, etc... that have a size of up to 4Ko / 32kb

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

IMG_1528.png

IMG_1529.png

IMG_1530.jpeg

Very interesting.ย  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2024 at 12:56 AM, Maztr_0n said:

why are all the "Ashens home computer joysticks" showing up on this thread now?

Did everybody get a brown couch?

Yeah... well, brown leather.IMG_20240810_160508.thumb.jpg.554b969e28e1d750fd4d90c256e22d33.jpg

The other one is green though. ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿคฃ

• Like 2