IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

6 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Did I mention this one before! Look at the size of this and it’s not a Twin Stick!😄

I wonder what happened to the ones that were sold after users got rid of their Atari's? They got burnt didn't they? Autumn soon, I'd throw one in my wood burner, would last a while. 

• Haha 2

On 8/28/2024 at 8:29 PM, sramirez2008 said:

Me too. Posted about this earlier within this thread. He sells on Etsy and eBay. 

Btw, 8Bitwidgets.com is also a member here on AA.

Is he the guy who said it's cheaper if we contact him directly too?

I might invest in one of these.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetmanUK said:

Is he the guy who said it's cheaper if we contact him directly too?

I might invest in one of these.

Are you talking about the Twin Stick base, I couldn’t find it on EBay from him. I’ll look again.

Edit: I just scrolled back, I see @Dr Karnov posted a link. Thank You.

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Twin stick (capable) games, that I did not know.😁

Spy Hunter

T:ME Salvo

Commando

Basketbrawl

Sirius

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Attack of the Petscii Robots

Keep in mind spy hunter is a different use of the dual joysticks than say, Raiders of the Lost Ark.  Also there are more than these, but you might have just been listing the games you didn't know of..  Robotwar for example (champ games) though that one doesn't work with 2600+ because of the special hardware it uses.   If you're looking for a means to play those games conveniently I have a couple of couplers I make specifically for various 2600 joysticks including the 2600+

PM me if you want one made.  It's $20 including shipping when direct (I charge more on ebay and etsy because of the fees / etc)

Thanks,

Caleb

s-l1600-3.thumb.webp.2f05bcada4d827f652298110e25fce74.webp

image.thumb.png.c6818cf3fb1ec5ffcf31806d1c72ef48.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/25/2024 at 1:29 PM, Ben from Plaion said:

Yes, Dark Chambers gets a lot of love here on AA. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll pass this onto Atari. Pretty sure they own the IP.

If you were considering implementing running, maybe a better approach would be to have the elf’s speed accelerate very very gradually over time, but his walking speed is reset back to normal as soon as he stops walking, turns, bumps into anything, or is hit by an enemy. 

I’m thinking the only times I really wish the elf could move faster is when walking along a long empty corridor. 

On 8/28/2024 at 3:30 PM, JetmanUK said:

I did not know that Riddle of the Sphincter (as I call it) was a two stick game. Oo-er. 

Tbh, I have no idea wtf this game is about whenever I've tried it. 🤷🏻🤣 A true RTFM game. 

i have barely ever thought to touch any of those twin stick adventure titles, they seem interesting but i feel like i'd want the perfect atmosphere.

19 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Did I mention this one before! Look at the size of this and it’s not a Twin Stick!😄

if i ever get into woodworking class, i will see if i can work on the version that deserved to exist...

SUPER STICK STATION 2+2+XL XTREME 4X4 2X2 2X4 OMEGA BLOCK!!!! OF DEATH!!!!!

a giant 2x4 or somthang like that but with 2-4 joystick slots and a hole for quarters that collect's into a container so you can rip off neighborhood children in your very own garage-arcade!

and maybe for added fun, a speaker taped on the bottom that plays whatever you want.

i'll paint it chrome and sell it to you for $999 + $1,295.31 for the "CYBER-LINKER" aka something i made up to charge you even more money

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Maztr_0n said:

if i ever get into woodworking class, i will see if i can work on the version that deserved to exist...

SUPER STICK STATION 2+2+XL XTREME 4X4 2X2 2X4 OMEGA BLOCK!!!! OF DEATH!!!!!

a giant 2x4 or somthang like that but with 2-4 joystick slots and a hole for quarters that collect's into a container so you can rip off neighborhood children in your very own garage-arcade!

and maybe for added fun, a speaker taped on the bottom that plays whatever you want.

i'll paint it chrome and sell it to you for $999 + $1,295.31 for the "CYBER-LINKER" aka something i made up to charge you even more money

I like this idea! 😄

On 8/31/2024 at 4:51 PM, DhaemonX said:

I'm Canadian so the exchange rate makes it suck :(

Thanks tho!

Hang in there.  Private Eye is a fantastic game and worth the investment.  I still have mine from BITD and love it.

For shipping, if it's in the states, wouldn't media rate apply?  I'm thinking back to MANY years ago when I sold on eBay, magazines andbsuch, but for a video game, I thought they could be shipped media rate for a lower cost?

Hi all, just a quick question. I want to buy a cart here on AtariAge - I have an original PAL 2600 console and I have a 2600+. If I buy a PAL version cart of a homebrew game here, I expect it will work fine on the original console, but how will it turn out on the 2600+? Is it just a colour thing or speed as well? Or no problems?

8 hours ago, ShiftLock said:

Hi all, just a quick question. I want to buy a cart here on AtariAge - I have an original PAL 2600 console and I have a 2600+. If I buy a PAL version cart of a homebrew game here, I expect it will work fine on the original console, but how will it turn out on the 2600+? Is it just a colour thing or speed as well? Or no problems?

I just found my answer in the 2600+ FAQ. Thanks!

My new addition to the collection is M.A.D. from USGames, which I can only assume stands for Missile Air Defense? It's kind of like the 2600 version of Missle Command, but not really. You have 6 cities to protect and one central defense array, but there is no cursor to move around the screen like in Missle Command. You just move the turret left to right to shoot down enemies that kamikaze dive at the cities.

20240902_231120.jpg

20240902_231411.jpg

Edited by Alex_813
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Alex_813 said:

My new addition to the collection is M.A.D. from USGames, which I can only assume stands for Missile Air Defense? It's kind of like the 2600 version of Missle Command, but not really. You have 6 cities to protect and one central defense array, but there is no cursor to move around the screen like in Missle Command. You just move the turret left to right to shoot down enemies that kamikaze dive at the cities.

20240902_231120.jpg

20240902_231411.jpg

I just thought "I do not have M.A.D. but played that game" 🤔

Well, there was no PAL version back then, so I bought the German hack made in Taiwan😉

angriff_der_luftflotten_cart.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tradyblix said:

Blowing up those pesky frogs lol 

Released as Paris Attack as well...

Edit: Never had a close look at the label in the past... after 1984 this would never have been released in Germany, as war games were rated as 18+ and here one plane even looks like a Stuka and the other like a Messerschmitt Me 262... attacking Paris... it would have been banned from German market (of course!)

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, DhaemonX said:

Guys and girls, what in the fresh hell is going on with the BurgerTime price on eBay? It's up there with some 7800 titles lol.

I know this is a thread about collecting so it probably doesn’t apply, but if you have a Harmony cart, try the home brew version “Chaotic Grill” which you can download here in the 2600 Programming section. It’s Soooooo much better than the Mattel one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2024 at 7:28 AM, ShiftLock said:

It should work 100% as it would on a real 2600.