IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

2 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Sub Scan starts out slow, but stick with it. This and Tac-Scan are a couple of my favorites from an artwork and extras point of view. The instructions double as a poster.

My CIB Sega games are Star Trek, Sub SCan and Tac-Scan. 

IMG_3004.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

IMG_3009.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg

The complete box looks absolutely great🤙

My Tac Scan PAL did not start on V1.0 and/or the paddles did not work.

Did not try it again on V1.1🤔

Should it work on the 2600+?

1 hour ago, Dr Karnov said:

My Tigervision collection is taking shape. For me, some of the best games on Atari, and definitely the prettiest carts 

IMG_20240107_125608.jpg

IMG_20240107_125512.jpg

I've never played any of those games, but those cartridges definitely look great. I like the colors of the cartridges themselves, the artwork and the way they did the writing up top. It all makes for a very visually appealing experience, and that's without even playing the games.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Dr Karnov said:

I'll definitely post that today. I'm going to give them all another thourough play to make sure 

Look forward to it! When my final cart arrives I will too. 🤟🏻

Did you try Tutankham? It's a maze shooter, but it scrolls, it's fun, then from there Entombed is quite good too... That's also a scroller but the shooting is gone, you break walls instead. Going off on a tangent here. 🤣

16 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Let's have some fun and speculate. Here's two:

Super Mega Breakout Plus

An enhanced game with Arkanoid style power ups and new brick types and layouts. 

Combat Enhanced

Single player, all the old maps plus new ones too. Some speech added, well, cos speech was always cool on old consoles/computers. 🤷🏻

Speech suggestions - On the title screen, "Combat... Enhaaaaaanced!"

When you win in single player "Victory!"

At the end of a multi player game "Player 1/2 wins!"

When you lose in single player  "Awwwww"

🤷🏻🤣

I like your ideas.  Combat Enhanced single player with an AI opponent would be nice.

Here are some of mine:

Bowling but it would be with a first person or third person view.  Maybe have an option to switch back & forth.  Also, have a strike mode where you always get a strike.  Can never have too much of them.

Dig Dug with power ups could be interesting.  Such as all enemies get blasted off screen when using a certain power up.  That would be funny.

Phantom Panzer/Phantom Tank but with no flickering enemy tanks.  Because that's annoying.  Maybe in the game you become invisible for a while.  That would be cool.  Then you attack the enemies and they can't shoot since they don't see you.

Sub Scan where the depth charges drop faster and enemies fire at you.

Lastly I would pick Space Invaders with updated visuals and different weapon upgrades.  It'd be nice to see that happen for the 2600 version.

Edited by Intellivision Master

15 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

The complete box looks absolutely great🤙

My Tac Scan PAL did not start on V1.0 and/or the paddles did not work.

Did not try it again on V1.1🤔

Should it work on the 2600+?

I did not try it in V1.1. I’ll have to get back to testing that version.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Look forward to it! When my final cart arrives I will too. 🤟🏻

Did you try Tutankham? It's a maze shooter, but it scrolls, it's fun, then from there Entombed is quite good too... That's also a scroller but the shooting is gone, you break walls instead. Going off on a tangent here. 🤣

I'm planning on picking up Tutankhamen and Entombed, but not had a chance yet 

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

There's a game called Star fire.  But it's hard to find.  It's a homebrew.  I played it on here.  https://www.free80sarcade.com/

IMO Star Fire is one of the best shooters available for the 2600. It,s a very challenging game with a great title screen and excellent music. When the game originally came out, a score of 3,500 or greater would have earned you a patch.

IMG_3017.jpg

IMG_3018.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, shane857 said:

Has anyone from the U.K bought 2600/7800 carts from the atariage store? Was wondering how much extra Tax/custom charges i would have to pay,buying from the U.K? 🤔

You can use this form and someone will get back to you.  https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=page_view&p=contact_us

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Intellivision Master said:

You can use this form and someone will get back to you.  https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=page_view&p=contact_us

Yeh,tried that about a week ago. No reply yet. Apparently anything over £135 you incur extra charges. So i assume it's just the cost of the item(s) you purchase and the postage to the U.K 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr Karnov said:

How is Miner 2049er?

I find jumping the Mutants in the 2600 version a complete crap shoot. Sometimes I jump over them, sometimes I die. And I do not know which one is going to happen until it actually happens.

21 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Has anyone from the U.K bought 2600/7800 carts from the atariage store? Was wondering how much extra Tax/custom charges i would have to pay,buying from the U.K? 🤔

I was hoping that due to the success of the 2600+ in Europe, AtariAge might open a European or UK online store.

I think a lot of people in PAL land would buy carts from AtariAge but are put off by the shipping / duty 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

I like your ideas.  Combat Enhanced single player with an AI opponent would be nice.

Here are some of mine:

Bowling but it would be with a first person or third person view.  Maybe have an option to switch back & forth.  Also, have a strike mode where you always get a strike.  Can never have too much of them.

Dig Dug with power ups could be interesting.  Such as all enemies get blasted off screen when using a certain power up.  That would be funny.

Phantom Panzer/Phantom Tank but with no flickering enemy tanks.  Because that's annoying.  Maybe in the game you become invisible for a while.  That would be cool.  Then you attack the enemies and they can't shoot since they don't see you.

Sub Scan where the depth charges drop faster and enemies fire at you.

Lastly I would pick Space Invaders with updated visuals and different weapon upgrades.  It'd be nice to see that happen for the 2600 version.

After looking at Sub Scan earlier (when I was reminded of the name) I agree that more speed and subs that fire back like the arcade version would definitely improve the game immensely. 

Heres another idea, as Atari lost the Battlezone licence, how about...

Combat 3D!

Battlezone like in it's tank mode, but with mazes, then the plane modes are a dog fight with some clouds to obscure things a little. If Atari only want to do the tank mode then call it Combat Tank 3D. 

Two Combat titles! It is a ubiquitous Atari  game after all, every lot of games seems to have it and I somehow have multiple copies myself, it was a pack game too, it's great but limited, it deserves the updates. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dr Karnov said:

How is Miner 2049er?

Would have to play it again, just tested if it starts.

The graphics are quite blocky not to say ugly but I remember it did play quite well.

I would only recommend it, either if you want to complete your collection or are a Miner fan.

Threshold and Marauder are very good, Polaris is good, Miner in my opinion OK (some say bad).

What about Jaw Breaker?

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Would have to play it again, just tested if it starts.

The graphics are quite blocky not to say ugly but I remember it did play quite well.

I would only recommend it, either if you want to complete your collection or are a Miner fan.

Threshold and Marauder are very good, Polaris is good, Miner in my opinion OK (some say bad).

What about Jaw Breaker?

Based on what I've played of it so far, Jawbreaker is my least favourite Tigervision game. Which is strange because I think it's the most highly regarded one. I should play it some more but it hasn't captivated me so far 

• Like 1

Btw, below is what comes with SEGA Star Trek. Note that the Star Trek, Sub Scan and Tac-Scan boxes are a bit taller than the regular Atari styled boxes. 

Star Trek.jpg

IMG_3035.jpeg

Edited by sramirez2008
Typo
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Dr Karnov said:

My Tigervision collection is taking shape. For me, some of the best games on Atari, and definitely the prettiest carts 

IMG_20240107_125608.jpg

IMG_20240107_125512.jpg

All great games. I don’t own Marauder, but I do have a homebrew based on the game (A New Marauder by More Work Games) and recommend it. There’s a thread on AA about it.

IMG_3037.jpeg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

All great games. I don’t own Marauder, but I do have a homebrew based on the game (A New Marauder by More Work Games) and recommend it. There’s a thread on AA about it.

IMG_3037.jpeg

I looked into A New Marauder (including emailing More Work Games) but it seems to be completely unavailable now.

How is it?

Just now, Dr Karnov said:

I looked into A New Marauder (including emailing More Work Games) but it seems to be completely unavailable now.

How is it?

It’s a good game. It may be their best IMO. 

• Like 1