IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

1 minute ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

I was always at least nominally more of a Trekkie I guess - more cerebral maybe.  But I try not to be too dorktastic about either one :P

I don't mind Star Trek, but I have a Star Wars tattoo soooo yeah. 🤪🤣

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, shane857 said:

What's the most expensive game everybody has bought to play on the atari 2600+? Mine is Dragonfire PAL £80

Nothing too crazy for me yet.... just Mr. Run and Jump and Berzerk, for like $30 each.

Cheapest so far was a copy of Pac-Man for $.49..... 😁  I legitimately enjoy 2600 Pac-Man.

Also got a Space Invaders for $.99.

Edited by ChopperCommando
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, shane857 said:

What's the most expensive game everybody has bought to play on the atari 2600+? Mine is Dragonfire PAL £80

£51 for PAL Mario Bros on the 7800 - was so relieved when I saw this one passed tests as I expected to lose the auction 😅

2 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Check out the mechanical engineering in here

Oh yeah I remember dismantling one that a friend (better than my soldering skills) converted into a Tempest 2000 spinner. I ended up eBaying it along with my Jag/Jag CD and the Defender 2000 arcade stick I made back in the mid 90s. Wonder what happened to it all 🤔?

Edited by Sean_1970
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChopperCommando said:

Nothing too crazy for me yet.... just Mr. Run and Jump and Berzerk, for like $30 each.

Cheapest so far was a copy of Pac-Man for $.49..... 😁  I legitimately enjoy 2600 Pac-Man.

Also got a Space Invaders for $.99.

I can play pac-man for 20 minutes...then the controller digs into your palm! 😱 lol

36 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Yikes!

I've just about almost ish (😬) managed to keep to a soft limit of £30.

That includes getting boxed and sometimes sealed games too. Bump n Jump, Rampage, Xevious 7800, Dark Chambers, Defender 2, Gravitar, Dig Dug, all under my limit...

Dig Dug 7800 sealed, when the postage was added took it up to £45, but it was from the USA. The real biggie was sealed Ms Pac-Man 7800, UK seller, £53 with postage. 😬

Edited by JetmanUK

2 minutes ago, shane857 said:

I can play pac-man for 20 minutes...then the controller digs into your palm! 😱 lol

Playing with the rubber feet on a table has been a revelation I have to say 👍

As far as Star Wars Arcade goes someone is selling a magnet with the box art for five bucks on eBay. Doesn’t play as well on the 2600+ I’m sure, but it will keep notes on your fridge better than a 2600+ 😊👍

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Think I gave $75 for Beamrider and somewhat more maybe $89 for Spy Hunter.  Oh and NTSC H.E.R.O. was pretty high.  Most 2600 are well under $10.  The 7800 are higher, $35+, and even though I don't seek them I end up with boxed copies of most of those.  But I only maybe 10 from 7800 and need to work on that library more.

23 minutes ago, shane857 said:

I paid US$30 for my boxed Dragonfire when I was in Chicago. I honestly didn’t look at the price when I bought it and was feeling kinda ripped off after, but given what I’ve paid for some cart-only since then I feel like it was a bargain 😅

Next trip Stateside I’m keeping an eye out for HERO and Beamrider and DK Jr, but I suspect all 2600 stuff will have gone up in price…

Edited by Sean_1970

6 minutes ago, Sean_1970 said:

Playing with the rubber feet on a table has been a revelation I have to say 👍

As far as Star Wars Arcade goes someone is selling a magnet with the box art for five bucks on eBay. Doesn’t play as well on the 2600+ I’m sure, but it will keep notes on your fridge better than a 2600+ 😊👍

Now I had to go look up the box again.  Not bad.

image.thumb.jpeg.b5d1cec6381e7f5f40b2b8d166a524e8.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

Think I gave $75 for Beamrider and somewhat more maybe $89 for Spy Hunter.  Oh and NTSC H.E.R.O. was pretty high.  Most 2600 are well under $10.  The 7800 are higher, $35+, and even though I don't seek them I end up with boxed copies of most of those.  But I only maybe 10 from 7800 and need to work on that library more.

I would like Spy Hunter and Beam Rider, they always seem two of the pricier games. I should just bite the bullet I guess. I also bought HERO, just the cart alone was £30, forgot that one. 🤣

Activision patches are really pricey. I have a patch for all of the games (see below) that I have personally qualified for. I've purchased them over the years, since 2008.

Crackpots
Enduro 
Grand Prix 
Kaboom 
Keystone Kapers 
Pitfall!
River Raid 
Seaquest 

These three are my favorites, because I was able to have the developers sign the boxes during PRGE 2019.

Crackpots.jpg

Keystone Kapers.jpg

Pitfall!.jpg

• Like 7