IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

1 hour ago, Dr Karnov said:

Although my cart buying has slowed down a bit in 2024, I've got 4 carts on the way (from 3 different countries!) and a joystick too

I look forward to seeing the latest buys!

Just games on the way for me, currently still mulling over the Bluetooth adaptor. Games from the USA, Germany and one from the UK. Quite an avalanche of carts. This thing is gonna make me bankrupt!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

I look forward to seeing the latest buys!

Just games on the way for me, currently still mulling over the Bluetooth adaptor. Games from the USA, Germany and one from the UK. Quite an avalanche of carts. This thing is gonna make me bankrupt!

Yeah, my carts are also coming from UK, USA and Germany!!

Today's delivery. 

After the crazy long CommaVid cartridge Room of Doom here is the smallest cart I have ever seen, Space Robot. 

EDIT: The Mission 3000 manual is nice to have, but obviously all in German, I'll have to Google translate it. 

IMG_20240111_123957.jpg

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Today's delivery. 

After the crazy long CommaVid cartridge Room of Doom here is the smallest cart I have ever seen, Space Robot. 

EDIT: The Mission 3000 manual is nice to have, but obviously all in German, I'll have to Google translate it. 

IMG_20240111_123957.jpg

Funny 

IMG_20240111_124829.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BD Retro Mods emailed me that the Atari dual stick controller is finished and on the way.  He showed a photo of what it looks like.  And it looks really good.  You can pick different colors for the ball tops and buttons.  I chose red ball tops and blue buttons.  I think it looks nice with that color combo.  I can't wait to try it out on Robotron 2084.  

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

BD Retro Mods emailed me that the Atari dual stick controller is finished and on the way.  He showed a photo of what it looks like.  And it looks really good.  You can pick different colors for the ball tops and buttons.  I chose red ball tops and blue buttons.  I think it looks nice with that color combo.  I can't wait to try it out on Robotron 2084.  

Can you post a picture when you receive it please?

• Like 1

Just now, Intellivision Master said:

Yes, I'll do that.

Great, I was going to ask this too.

Still sat on the fence here, a custome controller or the bluetooth adapter?

I slightly favour the adapter as I do like a twinstick shooter with the Xbox controller, but we will see.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Great, I was going to ask this too.

Still sat on the fence here, a custome controller or the bluetooth adapter?

I slightly favour the adapter as I do like a twinstick shooter with the Xbox controller, but we will see.

In one of his emails to me, he does ship internationally.  You just have to give your address to calculate shipping.  I read on this thread that he doesn't ship to the UK or Canada.  So, I guess he only ships to certain locations.  Not really sure on that.  It would seem he ships to anywhere unless stated otherwise.  Anyway, I just wanted to mention that based on what the email said. 

Edited by Intellivision Master

2 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Today's delivery. 

IMG_20240111_123957.jpg

A note from a beta test point or view. All of these games worked on the 1.1 beta firmware. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Today's delivery. 

IMG_20240111_123957.jpg

Mission 3,000 is on its way.

My Space Robot has got a different label, I like this missile command like game🤗

How do you like Motocross?

It is not in my collection🤔

20240111_162118.jpg

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 4

Well, my order from Retro Raven finally arrived.  I'm not sure if I'll use them again.  It took longer than usual to receive the games.  But at least I have them.  2 of the 5 labels are fair.  While the other 3 look good.

Also, the Robotron 2084 arrived today from eBay.  That label looks really good.  The Space Invaders game is coming tomorrow. That one was also from eBay.  I'll show photos later on.

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Mission 3,000 is on its way.

My Space Robot has got a different label, I like this missile command like game🤗

How do you like Motocross?

It is not in my collection🤔

20240111_162118.jpg

I was working from home so I gave them all a quick clean and slapped them in the Plus. I just confirmed that they work, had a 30 second go of each one. I'll let you know about Motocross later!

Space Robot looked really fun, it didn't seem just a missle command rip off, it did seem like you have to more accurately shoot the robot rather than where the robot will be, if you get me. I only shot about ten though. 

• Like 2

I just played a couple of games of Motocross. The bikes are very large and the road scrolls quickly. You hold fire to accelerate, and it's key that you must let off the gas occasionally to maintain better control/slow down as you swerve between bikes. I think it's pretty fun. 

• Like 1

Ok, after an evening of deliberation, playing around with all the maze shooters I own, here is my tier list:

1. Dark Cavern/Night Stalker

2. Marauder

3. Room of Doom

4. Wizard or Wor

5. Berzerk/Berzerk Enhanced 

6. Venture

I really found this tough!

At one point I had 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 swapped round. Perhaps tomorrow I would. I was however very firm on the top and bottom places. I'd say all the games are fun and it's very close. As I said on another day it may look different but it's a bit of fun to share some in the moment thoughts.

Honourable mentions to the not quite fitting in the genre but still great:

Tron Deadly Discs

Tutankham

Alien

Entombed

Now, how about a list of best vertical shooters that rhyme with Shiver Shade? 😋

Joking aside, how about the best non scrolling shooters?

Here's my balancing act. 😋

IMG_20240111_213607.jpg

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Ok, after an evening of deliberation, playing around with all the maze shooters I own, here is my tier list:

1. Dark Cavern/Night Stalker

2. Marauder

3. Room of Doom

4. Wizard or Wor

5. Berzerk/Berzerk Enhanced 

6. Venture

I really found this tough!

At one point I had 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 swapped round. Perhaps tomorrow I would. I was however very firm on the top and bottom places. I'd say all the games are fun and it's very close. As I said on another day it may look different but it's a bit of fun to share some in the moment thoughts.

Honourable mentions to the not quite fitting in the genre but still great:

Tron Deadly Discs

Tutankham,

Alien

Now, how about a list of best vertical shooters that rhyme with Shiver Shade? 😋

Joking aside, how about the best non scrolling shooters?

Here's my balancing act. 😋

IMG_20240111_213607.jpg

I love it!! Extra marks for the balancing 

Our ranking isn't all that different really, and I agree that all games are fun.

Non scrolling shooter tier list (Galaxian, Phoenix etc) sounds like an excellent idea. I've got Gorf on the way, so as soon as I've received that and given it a go, I'll post my list 

• Like 2