IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

3 minutes ago, Dr Karnov said:

I've ordered some other gems too, but I'll wait until they arrive and I'll post some pics.

Maybe even arty pics involving lamps

Intriged to see what you've discovered! Hoping for some new games on my to buy list! 🤟🏻

I've been sick most of this week, and I'm on solo child care (missus is away) so I've not had time to jump onto carts that have arrived recently, but it's mostly lesser games, some of which have bad reviews but that I thought I'd take a punt on as they looked interesting. I'll try to share some soon. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Intriged to see what you've discovered! Hoping for some new games on my to buy list! 🤟🏻

I've been sick most of this week, and I'm on solo child care (missus is away) so I've not had time to jump onto carts that have arrived recently, but it's mostly lesser games, some of which have bad reviews but that I thought I'd take a punt on as they looked interesting. I'll try to share some soon. 

I hope you feel better soon brother.

And keep us posted about whatever hidden gem carts you've managed to find!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Hope you make a speedy recovery and feel better soon. Best wishes.

• Like 1

I checked this cart, my second '2 Pak Special' and I can confirm that this one works too!

Fire Alert is actually Fire Fighter.

I'm not familiar with Space Voyage, it may indeed be Space Voyage or another game renamed too. 

How many of these were made? I have two, and a third (that doesn't currently work) has been mentioned on here.

There are so many interesting releases, variations and publishers from the 2600 era. A real wild west. 

IMG_20240120_111157.jpg

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Sean_1970 said:

Had to buy a third storage rack from Adam3D Etsy shop - only ten quid and UK-based with pretty quick turnaround. I’m not planning to fill the remaining slots, but you know how that goes 😅

IMG_0322.jpeg

You've got some fantastic games there 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sean_1970 said:

Had to buy a third storage rack from Adam3D Etsy shop - only ten quid and UK-based with pretty quick turnaround. I’m not planning to fill the remaining slots, but you know how that goes 😅

IMG_0322.jpeg

Have you found that all variants of carts have fit in there ok? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetmanUK said:

Yeah, you're ordering two more this weekend. 🤪

Actually I’m only waiting on one 😇 from America which should arrive next week: Robotron for 7800 - hence the empty slot. I did have a look for Gas Hog on EBay and it’s within the realm of rationality, but I’d like to give my credit card a wee break 😅

1 hour ago, Dr Karnov said:

You've got some fantastic games there 

Cheers, I try to be choosy and I’ve not quite decided to cross the triple-digit threshold 😅

1 hour ago, JetmanUK said:

He really does, but where are Dark Cavern and Gas Hog? 😁

Dark Cavern is one of the first ones I picked up: second row on the right. In answer to an earlier query I’ve not had issues with any carts, though each shelf has a big cutout in it so M-Network ones fit, but not level as the narrow front edge causes Dark Cavern (my only one so far) to tilt slightly. I don’t have any Starpath carts - that whole tape drive thing is a big turn-off - so I cannot vouch for that. I also rather doubt a “DIY repair” would fit 😉, as the new ones fit with cardboard sleeves, but a little snug. The snugness works though because it’s easy to pull the cart without the sleeve 😁

Edited by Sean_1970
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Dr Karnov said:

My most recent shooter pickup is Gorf, and until I'm missing something, it's not one of my favourites, based on what I've played so far

Champ Games has Gorf Arcade.  It includes all 5 stages.  Because the console version only has 4 stages.

16 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Yeah I know I was really disappointed when I played it the other day. It was quite terrible.

You might like Gorf Arcade.  It won't work on the 2600+.  It does work on original hardware though.  I've thought of getting it for my 7800.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

I played it online just now and it is interesting.  

Yeah, I just played it online to see what it might be like. To me it reminds me of Moon Patrol in some ways, but still quite different too. I'd need to look up the instructions to know whats going on or what I'm supposed to be doing. Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to shoot up (as in Moon Patrol, where the buggy would shoot forward and up) so I don't know if there's a way to shoot at the enemies overhead. Still, what I did play of it was fun.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MysticSword said:

Yeah, I just played it online to see what it might be like. To me it reminds me of Moon Patrol in some ways, but still quite different too. I'd need to look up the instructions to know whats going on or what I'm supposed to be doing. Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to shoot up (as in Moon Patrol, where the buggy would shoot forward and up) so I don't know if there's a way to shoot at the enemies overhead. Still, what I did play of it was fun.

It is like Moon Patrol.  In Gas Hog you can't shoot upwards even though there looks to be a canon on top of the vehicle.  I couldn't get far in the game.  My score would drop back to zero at times.  I was shooting the numbers and enemies.  And trying to refuel when needed.  As you said, you have to read the instructions.  I thought I was doing fine.  Next time I'll look at how to play it because I wasn't quite sure what to do.

Also, Gas Hog reminded me of City Connection a little bit.

But minus the shooting.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_Connection

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

I played it online just now and it is interesting.  

I am looking for Marspatrouille from Quelle, same game as Gas Hog but fits better into my collection 🤙

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, bent_pin said:

I think I bid on the same auction. If that's the case, I'm glad it went to a fellow AA user. Put me on a roll because I'm jelly.

I'll be honest, I'm a bit worried that I'm not smart enough to play Solaris. I tried to play it on the Evercade Atari collection and I had absolutely no idea what was going on!

1 hour ago, Dr Karnov said:

I'll be honest, I'm a bit worried that I'm not smart enough to play Solaris. I tried to play it on the Evercade Atari collection and I had absolutely no idea what was going on!

It's a fast-paced game. When I got my FB8 Gold, I played the heck out of it for more than a month. Stack up the play time and it will become easier. Now go kick some Zylon butt, and don't forget to save those space cadets along the way!

• Thanks 1