IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

5 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Wouldnt it! Tweet Phil Spencer your suggestion

Big Phil is all about game preservation and also doesn't mind Xbox games appearing on other platforms. He may actually be receptive to old Activitision games being available physically again. I think it would be worth Atari entering into dialogue with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shane857 said:

Won these on ebay both PAL. Payed about £80. I know pricey. Two must haves for my collection thou. Quite rare in the UK

There's a boxed complete version of pitfall £250 asking price at the mo . 🤣

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I love collecting atari games complete. I draw the line thou, paying hundreds of pounds for 40 year old cardboard and paper. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JetmanUK said:

A problem has come to mind!

Polaris

The first part is a single screen shooter, then there's the vertically scrolling section, so it's both non scroller and scroller.

It would definitely feature in a top shooter list, but it's both categories and is a great game partly because of the variety. I think I'll include in a the future scrolling list amd make that scrolling/multi level list. Sorted. 👍🏻

Agreed on both points. Great game and I'm counting it as scrolling because there is scrolling in it 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Big Phil is all about game preservation and also doesn't mind Xbox games appearing on other platforms. He may actually be receptive to old Activitision games being available physically again. I think it would be worth Atari entering into dialogue with him.

hmmm 🤔 Has he played atari 2600/7800 games?

20 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

🤔

17 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Do you think? Pluck up the courage to ask him as a fan of legacy Activision games and an owner of a 2600+. You never know you could be the catalyst.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Do you think? Pluck up the courage to ask him as a fan of legacy Activision games and an owner of a 2600+. You never know you could be the catalyst.

Absolutely.  Numerous interviews he's talked about game preservation and enjoys classic games. Don't forget that Xbox's TV studio made the Atari: Game Over documentary too. Also, again Xbox allow their games (which Activitision are now part of) on other platforms. 

Activision games were included in some Flashback consoles, so a modern deal has been done pre Xbox buy out with Atari. It's all totally in the realms of possibility. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Without a doubt, he is slap bang in the 2600 age bracket

image.thumb.png.bef8c0954dd953466282679185ffae91.png

"Probably more in the 70s than the 80s, I remember my dad bringing a video game the Atari 2600 with the cartridges home and I was kind of at the beginning of it and I just kept playing and it's still with me," Spencer said.

source:

https://80.lv/articles/phil-spencer-on-how-much-he-plays-his-favorite-band-playing-during-meetings/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Microjak said:

Totally get this,I’ve spent the last few months collecting the relatively cheap carts that I wanted and really enjoyed it,now the last few are going to cost a bit more so I need to slow down a bit,the only problem is beer and eBay are not a good mix and seeing all these new and exciting games on here doesn’t help either😂🍻

YouTube has actually been pretty helpful in this regard. I have a majority of the common games already, so when I see the more rare games available, I first look them up on YouTube to see if I’ll actually enjoy playing the game or not.

if it looks fun, I’ll go ahead and get it. If it looks like just something that will inflate the collection numbers but not really ever make its way into the console, it’s easier to pass on. 

Double Dragon for example has been really easy for me to pass on…

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Absolutely.  Numerous interviews he's talked about game preservation and enjoys classic games. Don't forget that Xbox's TV studio made the Atari: Game Over documentary too. Also, again Xbox allow their games (which Activitision are now part of) on other platforms. 

Activision games were included in some Flashback consoles, so a modern deal has been done pre Xbox buy out with Atari. It's all totally in the realms of possibility. 

Dude come on, you must know me by now, half of my time is spent on the 2600+ dealing with stuff like 50 60 hz cartridge compatibily bullshit the other half is pitching dream like scenarios to people and companies that would earthquake the scene, I'm very used to pitching these ideas and mostly receiving rejection. But if one gets through BAM I end up notching up another win. I tell you something since I knew the 2600+ was a winner I've been pitching none stop.

• Like 5

Ballsy move. lol. If he responds and we end up doing anything with legacy Activision games I promise you will receive every single 2600+ product for free whilst I'm in charge. Bookmark it.

Hey I'd accept them!

But I'd just love to see it happen, and for us all to enjoy the games, that's what this hobby is all about.

Xbox and Atari are my two favourite gaming brands, so I'd be majorly fanboying out here! 😁🤣

Can I suggest a follow up tweet from yourself as an Atari representative? Perhaps you can ask Atari to tweet him too? It would probably make news on the websites like Eurogamer, Pure Xbox etc if they did. 

11 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Hey I'd accept them!

But I'd just love to see it happen, and for us all to enjoy the games, that's what this hobby is all about.

Xbox and Atari are my two favourite gaming brands, so I'd be majorly fanboying out here! 😁🤣

Can I suggest a follow up tweet from yourself as an Atari representative? Perhaps you can ask Atari to tweet him too? It would probably make news on the websites like Eurogamer, Pure Xbox etc if they did. 

Tonights posts are just gentle light hearted encouragment to fans like youself, of course I've been working for many months on getting the biggest 2600 legacy games re-issued via rights holders. I know what people want to buy. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Tonights posts are just gentle light hearted encouragment to fans like youself, of course I've been working for many months on getting the biggest 2600 legacy games re-issued via rights holders. I know what people want to buy. 

Ben, I have never doubted you. 🤟🏻

I wonder if they'd let you enhance them too?

New character, Pitfall Ben.  🤪

• Like 1

Or the classic racing game.... Benduro. 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Ben, I have never doubted you. 🤟🏻

I wonder if they'd let you enhance them too?

New character, Pitfall Ben.  🤪

Of course, whats great about talking to everyone at AA is I get validation for my own desires on what to bring to market. Till a few years ago I always suffered from intense imposter syndrone, but thats now gone and I have mostly a view of I want this, the market sales show this and look at what social media sentiment is. Its just perserverance and the ability of making deals happen that is key. 

Edited by Ben from Plaion
  • Like 7

Just now, Ben from Plaion said:

Of course, whats great about talking to everyone at AA is I get validation for my own desires on what to bring to market. Till a few years ago I always suffered from intense imposter syndrone, but thats now gone and I have mostly a view of I want this, the market sales show this and look at what social media sentiment is. Its just perserveerance and the ability of making deals happen that is key. 

A continuing re-welcome to AtariAge, Ben. Imposter no more!

And, people in their 50s are at their apex of spending power.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

I can only imagine how complex some of these IP arrangements are. PAC-MAN for example. The Atari version was written in house, but Atari doesn’t have the rights anymore, at least to the name. All the franchises that Disney owns now: Star Wars, muppets, Marvel. There are quite a few classic titles that would be wrapped up in their vaults. 

it’s no surprise that Atari 50 is all about the titles that they owned outright. 

I do wonder what it would take to get many of those games re-released. 

• Like 1