IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

14 minutes ago, bigfriendly said:

I know its f-ing nuts! And all three of these were auction listings not buy it now!

And to think I passed on bidding on a $50 copy of Donkey Kong (loose cart) for the 7800 with free shipping. There were no bidders, so I could have put in a bid at the last minute and gotten it. But, I had to pay my mortgage and other bills the day before yesterday and I plan to do some other shopping today and I want to save money for that. Meanwhile, you've got fools dropping thousands on sealed and graded copies of games. I wonder what it's like to have that kind of money.

Edited by scifidude79

11 hours ago, Sean_1970 said:

This finally arrived. Box more crushed than I’d like - probably owing to being posted in a Jiffy bag rather than a box (honestly 🙄) and via Hermes/Evri rather than Royal Mail First Class as the seller indicated (no doubt also accounting for the long arrival time), but the cart looks brand-new. 

This is way better than I thought it would be - a lot of the graphical touches and text resolution is pretty impressive, actually and it’s pretty faithful to the arcade despite the 2600s graphical limitations. An enhanced 7800 version with better graphics (obviously no polygons, but you could make it more like the arcade) and the voice would be fab 😁

IMG_0325.jpeg

IMG_0324.jpeg

This game would be a great candidate for an official reissue on the Atari 2600+. I'd buy it right away :)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

I've had (far too) many deliveries over the past month or two, this one is the most interesting. 

IMG_20240203_164402.jpg

IMG_20240203_164438.jpg

IMG_20240203_164457.jpg

I did the usual and played the ROMs a little before I bought these. I was really confused with Aliens Return at first, but intrigued to play it. Like many Atari games you need to read the manual... and I could not find one online, but I found a forum post on here from years ago that had a so so explanation.

Anyway, it struck me that I may now have a rare manual in my collection. Is there a way that I can share the information? Perhaps photos of each page and send them to someone who updates this info? 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

I've had (far too) many deliveries over the past month or two, this one is the most interesting. 

IMG_20240203_164402.jpg

IMG_20240203_164438.jpg

IMG_20240203_164457.jpg

I really like the ITT Family Games artwork.

Btw, London Blitz is a pretty cool game.

IMG_3581.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bigfriendly said:

I know its f-ing nuts! And all three of these were auction listings not buy it now!

Hilarious. In other madness someone in the UK has a sealed copy of Chibi Robo for GameCube (really regret selling that when I unloaded my NTSC Wii back in 2008/9) for only £935 OBO - tempted to offer £100. Seriously though who is going to pay nearly a grand just because it’s sealed when you can get it mint for well under £200 otherwise? 

2 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

I did the usual and played the ROMs a little before I bought these. I was really confused with Aliens Return at first, but intrigued to play it. Like many Atari games you need to read the manual... and I could not find one online, but I found a forum post on here from years ago that had a so so explanation.

Anyway, it struck me that I may now have a rare manual in my collection. Is there a way that I can share the information? Perhaps photos of each page and send them to someone who updates this info? 

Albert? Most of the instructions here seem to be typed text rather than scans.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sean_1970 said:

Albert? Most of the instructions here seem to be typed text rather than scans.

atarimania has complete scans of a lot of old manuals.  

Ex. this page includes scans of the manual for the original Berzerk release:  http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-2600-vcs-berzerk_7232.html

• Like 4

On 2/2/2024 at 9:34 PM, Alex_813 said:

Most of my collection is from the 90's when I used to hit up flea markets and thrift stores regularly. I did get a few games since I got the 2600+.

162 2600 titles, plus about 70 duplicates, although some of those have alternate labels

32 boxed or sealed 2600 games

24 5200 games + one sealed

15 7800 games

24 Inellivision games

12 Odessey 2 games

2 Coleco games

Update on my post from yesterday. Picked up some more games I needed to fill from a flea market today. Nothing exciting, just games I didn't have, and a minty fresh Berzerk because my only copy's label is not great. Puts my total 2600 titles at 175.

PXL_20240204_023032218.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, KainXavier said:

Do you know if the Flashback 2 joysticks will fit okay? 

I don't own them to test first hand, however, if you get me some measurements in millimeters we can compare.  I can say that I know the CX-40+ will work fine.  I insert a piece of material in them which gives just enough cushion for them to work and not make it too tight for an original CX-40 to work as well.  I have another thread here in the 2600+ sub-forum about our findings.  

So yes CX-40+ is definite.  Flashback 2.  maybe, depending on the width / depth / hight of the controller base.  I'm betting it's close.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

I think cellophane wrap not perfect. That's really hard. I think next time I visit the factory during a manufacturing run I'm going to look for a perfect wrap

Atari 2600 5200 7800 Game Box - PET Protectors - Pack of 25 – EVORETRO Canada

These hard protectors are awesome! I have even been thinking about using the protector box with just an inset sheet to provide the back and the side graphics. Leaving the cart visible from the front. A little like Scary for the Lynx.

LynxJam 2021 - Let's Make Something Scary

• Like 5

I won this in the early hours of today, I was gonna wait until it arrived, but I am excited about this one and wanted to share. Fleabay pic 😁

Really fun game, nice graphics and sound, cool box art and I really like these 20th Century Fox games. 

Screenshot_2024-02-04-08-35-35-222_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, karri said:

Atari 2600 5200 7800 Game Box - PET Protectors - Pack of 25 – EVORETRO Canada

These hard protectors are awesome! I have even been thinking about using the protector box with just an inset sheet to provide the back and the side graphics. Leaving the cart visible from the front. A little like Scary for the Lynx.

LynxJam 2021 - Let's Make Something Scary

My boxed Cosmic Ark and Dragonfire came in these - such a niche product! I thought about binning them, but they are what saved the boxes getting crushed in my luggage on the way home and the silver Imagic boxes literally shine in them so they’ve stayed 😁

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sean_1970 said:

My boxed Cosmic Ark and Dragonfire came in these - such a niche product! I thought about binning them, but they are what saved the boxes getting crushed in my luggage on the way home and the silver Imagic boxes literally shine in them so they’ve stayed 😁

Yeah I've received a few purchases in these boxes, I'm using them on boxes that have lost their strength through being squashed. They look much better in these. My tip is to push some tissue, even toilet paper, in squashed boxes to make them get their shape back. 

EDIT

I've also received purchases in cartridge size versions of these too. 

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Although I would have preferred instruction booklets, I really do like the card-based sleeves that Mr Run & Jump, Berzerk Enhanced, etc. have come in.

I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen anyone making knock-off card sleeves featuring artwork, etc. for other carts.

9 minutes ago, LS650 said:

Although I would have preferred instruction booklets, I really do like the card-based sleeves that Mr Run & Jump, Berzerk Enhanced, etc. have come in.

I'm a bit surprised we haven't seen anyone making knock-off card sleeves featuring artwork, etc. for other carts.

Someone is already selling these. I saw them in a Metal Jesus YouTube video.  I went to their website too, they are basically what we get with the new Atari games. I'll try to have a look for the site. 

EDIT

Here ya go.

https://miniboxgaming.com/atari-boxes/

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Yeah I've received a few purchases in these boxes, I'm using them on boxes that have lost their strength through being squashed. They look much better in these. My tip is to push some tissue, even toilet paper, in squashed boxes to make them get their shape back. 

EDIT

and bubble wrap is good also. 😂

• Haha 1