IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

4 hours ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

Somewhere between Tapper and BurgerTime is this delightful little "Kitchen" classic.

20240220_225442-Copy.thumb.jpg.9b9cacdfc156a4e7ca88241488ae6090.jpg

A nice little game.

When I was playing it the other day I thought ah, this is Overcooked before Overcooked. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, KainXavier said:

@JetmanUK

I've kind of loved the tangents you've gone into so please feel free to continue! :)

Regarding guilty pleasures, I guess Deadly Duck?  People seem to think of it as a pretty mediocre shoot-'em-up, but the more I play through my library, the more I love it.

In terms of stuff playable on the 2600+, it's now in my #2 spot for shmups.  (#1 is now Demon Attack.  Cliché I know.)

And in terms of stuff I can't stand to play, Space Attack.  I absolutely regret buying it.  Maybe it's because I haven't RTFM, but it's SO SLOW!  (And I turned down the PC version of Intellivision Lives! to buy it instead. >.>)

Edit: I kind of forgot about Juno First.  So #1 Juno First, #2 Demon Attack, #3 Deadly Duck.  (Albert, this is the last edit (on this post) I swear.)

Ah thank you so much for enjoying the waffling of a mad man.🤣

I think Deadly Duck is pretty good, I enjoy the quirky theme and the unusual game mechanics.

Demon Attack seems to get all the love, I guess it's down to which game we have nostaliga for from our childhoods, but I prefer Phoenix. Very similar games.

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 3

On 2/20/2024 at 10:51 PM, JetmanUK said:

Enjoy these, fun games. 

Tapper is in the post to me right now, I think I'm gonna make it my last expensive purchase. I'm not gonna chase Star Wars or Spy Hunter. It's done, I played them loads on the ZX Spectrum back in the day anyway. 

How's Tapper on the Plus? I bet it looks nice via HDMI. 

Tapper and Spy Hunter are great games and play well on the 2600+

Spy Hunter is a kind of dual stick too.

Do you know Roc'n Rope?

On my 2600 Jr it was black and white but it runs with colors on the plus with 46 fps, so it is PAL😊

20240222_183217.jpg

20240222_183328.jpg

Edited by DEANJIMMY
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Tapper and Spy Hunter are great games and play well on the 2600+

Do you know Roc'n Rope?

On my 2600 Jr it was black and white but it runs with colors on the plus with 46 fps, so it is PAL😊

20240222_183217.jpg

20240222_183328.jpg

So weird that you should mention Roc n Rope, its in the post from the USA right now!* 😱🤣

Before I purchased I played both the PAL and NTSC ROMs and the PAL colours are really messed up sadly. 

*Along with Tapper, but yeah I think Spy Hunter is just too expensive, whenever I see it it's multiple hundreds of £ 😬🤷🏻🤦🏻

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

I don't often get CIB but this one is cool regardless of condition.

20240222_132134-Copy.thumb.jpg.ac73af2835723ae205a128c454a3a08d.jpg

And then I snagged most of the rest of M Network in one fell swoop.

20240222_132221-Copy.thumb.jpg.ee9dc90536873acd40e56f8d62347901.jpg

It's a shame the developers didn't spend more time perfecting BurgerTime. Bad controls and the enemies look like blocks.

Great Artwork thou 👍

1 hour ago, JetmanUK said:

So weird that you should mention Roc n Rope, its in the post from the USA right now!* 😱🤣

Before I purchased I played both the PAL and NTSC ROMs and the PAL colours are really messed up sadly. 

*Along with Tapper, but yeah I think Spy Hunter is just too expensive, whenever I see it it's multiple hundreds of £ 😬🤷🏻🤦🏻

Spy Hunter is a decent arcade port. One on my list thou ,I probably will never own it.

37 minutes ago, shane857 said:

It's a shame the developers didn't spend more time perfecting BurgerTime. Bad controls and the enemies look like blocks.

Great Artwork thou 👍

The controls are just okay, could definitely be better.  The graphics are what they are.  Mainly it just plays slow.  Chaotic Chef kinda spoiled me for this game, and I'll otherwise just play the NES version, but it is historic at least.

Of the others, Lock 'N Chase is decent if not beautiful.  Dark Cavern and Astroblast have their fans. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

The controls are just okay, could definitely be better.  The graphics are what they are.  Mainly it just plays slow.  Chaotic Chef kinda spoiled me for this game, and I'll otherwise just play the NES version, but it is historic at least.

Of the others, Lock 'N Chase is decent if not beautiful.  Dark Cavern and Astroblast have their fans. 

I'll probably pick up burgertime for my collection . Dark Cavern is a yes for me. Astroblast...No

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Yea I make a coupler for that specific purpose.  The 2600+ joystick works with it like a CX-40.  

It looks very similar to the Robotron Coupler, but it is different because unfortunately CX-40s are not perfectly square.. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115705547062  

image.thumb.jpeg.9a77a197420eb0f29083ed66bf6826d9.jpeg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, shane857 said:

I'll probably pick up burgertime for my collection . Dark Cavern is a yes for me. Astroblast...No

I played Burgertime Deluxe for the Gameboy on Ant Stream.  It's pretty good.  Ant Stream has a lot of games from consoles & computer (Atari 8-bit) to arcade.  Anyway I do have the arcade version of Burgertime on the Data East collection for Evercade.  I also have Dark Cavern & Astroblast as loose carts.  I like the M Networks versions as well as the INTV versions.  I have the INTV collections for Evercade.  Collection 1 includes Nightstalker & Astrosmash.

• Like 2