IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

16 hours ago, shane857 said:

Dark Chambers 7800 is going for absolutely crazy prices at the mo, loose and complete. £130 plus complete! WTF! 😲

I just checked and there are a few loose copies on eBay.  The prices are not too high.  You might want to take a look.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=atari+7800+dark+chambers&_sacat=0

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Intellivision Master said:

I just checked and there are a few loose copies on eBay.  The prices are not too high.  You might want to take a look.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=atari+7800+dark+chambers&_sacat=0

That's slightly cheaper. With the shipping fees to the UK thou.. I'll just have to be content playing it on the Atari 50 collection for now, I think.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shane857 said:

That's slightly cheaper. With the shipping fees to the UK thou.. I'll just have to be content playing it on the Atari 50 collection for now, I think.

I too have the Atari 50 collection.  I haven't played Dark Chambers in a while.  I should get back into it.  I like the 7800 version over the 2600 version.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Bought this earlier for £43. I'll have to play it on my original Atari VCS for now until the racing paddle is supported...

s-l1600.jpg

I actually love and prefer top down racing games over third person style (Pole Position). This is a fun game and I wish the driving controllers had been used for more than just this one title. 

Super sprint for my NES is one of my all-time favorite racing games. I recently discovered Sprintmaster for the 2600 and have been putting in some time in that one. 

• Like 3

Weltraumtunnel arrived today, it was supposed to be Space Tunnel. It's actually Laser Gates, which is probably a better game, but I already had Laser Gates. 🤷🏻🤣Ah well, I enjoy having these alternative versions too.

I have another Weltraum Tunnel on the way so let's see what that one is when it arrives, the screenshots show it to be Space Tunnel...

IMG_20240226_230503.jpg

• Like 5

Well I thought I was done collecting for now with my last update, but that empty space in my 3rd party games drawer was an itch that needed scratching so I looked around and found a couple inexpensive M-network bundles that allowed me to complete the set. Filled out that space nicely. 

Now I’m taking a break from collecting. I mean it this time. Ha ha

IMG_3995.thumb.jpeg.be1032824493f7c87f7262a4f9d01c1e.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, MikeM_ said:

I actually love and prefer top down racing games over third person style (Pole Position). This is a fun game and I wish the driving controllers had been used for more than just this one title. 

Super sprint for my NES is one of my all-time favorite racing games. I recently discovered Sprintmaster for the 2600 and have been putting in some time in that one. 

Yes, Sprintmaster is one I'll probably pickup.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MikeM_ said:

Well I thought I was done collecting for now with my last update, but that empty space in my 3rd party games drawer was an itch that needed scratching so I looked around and found a couple inexpensive M-network bundles that allowed me to complete the set. Filled out that space nicely. 

Now I’m taking a break from collecting. I mean it this time. Ha ha

IMG_3995.thumb.jpeg.be1032824493f7c87f7262a4f9d01c1e.jpeg

Yes, of coarse you are... I've tried stopping, once you start it's impossible to stop! Maybe just one more cart then I'm done. Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, MikeM_ said:

What is that rounded-looking cart in the bottom right corner..?  I've never seen that style of cart before.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LS650 said:

What is that rounded-looking cart in the bottom right corner..?  I've never seen that style of cart before.

It’s Strategy X, a Konami cart. I’ve had that one for a long time. 

Its label is torn so the end is missing. I’ve got a replacement label on order right now. 

IMG_3996.thumb.jpeg.ef47d5b94308fd6bfcaf85a264578d0a.jpeg

Edited by MikeM_
  • Like 3

Ah.  I have no Konami carts so it is completely new to me.

A "new" cart showed up in my mail; a Crackpots cart that was just a few bucks on eBay.

I gave it a quick whirl during my lunch break: essentially a variant of Kaboom you play with a joystick instead of paddle.  

It's not a bad game and definitely easier than Kaboom!  For a 2600 game the graphics are very 'pretty'.

Too bad about the typically crappy Activision label.

Crackpot.jpg

• Like 3