IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

2 hours ago, LS650 said:

Ah.  I have no Konami carts so it is completely new to me.

A "new" cart showed up in my mail; a Crackpots cart that was just a few bucks on eBay.

I gave it a quick whirl during my lunch break: essentially a variant of Kaboom you play with a joystick instead of paddle.  

It's not a bad game and definitely easier than Kaboom!  For a 2600 game the graphics are very 'pretty'.

Too bad about the typically crappy Activision label.

Crackpot.jpg

Yeh, I prefer this to Kaboom. More interesting to play. And yes...Activision 'crappy' labels . lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LS650 said:

…Too bad about the typically crappy Activision label.

Crackpot.jpg

This is why I have no issues with repro labels on my carts. Especially Activision. 

$5 (or less) and it’s good as new. 👍🏼 

2 minutes ago, MikeM_ said:

This is why I have no issues with repro labels on my carts. Especially Activision. 

$5 (or less) and it’s good as new. 👍🏼 

Given that I have no intention of really reselling any of my games, I’ve been systematically replacing all the Activision labels. I get the old label off, open the cart, give the contacts a good cleaning with Deoxit, close it up, put the new label on. :)

Totally worth it.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

It would be nice if double ended carts came back.  If Atari brought out new double ended carts, I'd get them.

As interesting as these things are, and I have one myself, I prefer a cart with Dip switches - You get a standard size cart and you have the option of two or more games instead of just two.

• Like 4

On 2/26/2024 at 3:48 PM, shane857 said:

Bought this earlier for £43. I'll have to play it on my original Atari VCS for now until the racing paddle is supported...

s-l1600.jpg

Nice pickup. Lots of fun with a friend or spouse.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, shane857 said:

Picked these up today for a reasonable price. Love these Xonox double ender carts, weird thou cool. They should make a come back, the games are pretty decent. 👍

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.png

I had always hoped for a Galaxian/Galaga double ender type cart.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JetmanUK said:

As interesting as these things are, and I have one myself, I prefer a cart with Dip switches - You get a standard size cart and you have the option of two or more games instead of just two.

The carts with dip switches are good.  What if a double ended cart came out with dip switches?  That would be neat.  For example, each side has 3 games.  So, the double ended cart has 6 games on it.  It can be more, I chose 6 games but anyway.  This most likely will never happen but one can dream.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

2600 on one end, 7800 on the other :P

I was thinking the same thing.  It would be nice to have both console versions on one cart.  And on the slim chance that double ended carts with dip switches happened, one side is 2600 games and the other side is 7800 games.

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 1

These two arrived today. 

(Vertical) Space Tunnel, which is really fun and 

Mr Postman, which is really odd and kinda interesting. 

I also have Open Sesame boxed and Phantom Tanks* boxed on the way too. Not many more games to arrive now, beleive it or not. 🤣

*I currently have just the cart, but I really like it and a boxed copy was cheap. 🤷🏻

IMG_20240228_165725.jpg

• Like 6

On 2/27/2024 at 12:24 PM, LS650 said:

Ah.  I have no Konami carts so it is completely new to me.

A "new" cart showed up in my mail; a Crackpots cart that was just a few bucks on eBay.

I gave it a quick whirl during my lunch break: essentially a variant of Kaboom you play with a joystick instead of paddle.  

It's not a bad game and definitely easier than Kaboom!  For a 2600 game the graphics are very 'pretty'.

Too bad about the typically crappy Activision label.

Crackpot.jpg

Although this label maybe seems a little worse for wear than usual, I actually like the "patina" on these and other cart labels.  Guess I'm weird like that. :P

I just received this CIB game I bought on eBay a week ago, which was actually in good condition considering its age.

image.thumb.jpeg.e3bafa62f514d5c8bd50856901019160.jpeg

I'll never understand why people insist on thinking that a fragile cardboard box can be sent in a simple bubble wrap envelope.

It arrived completely flattened.

What a waste...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Electric-Dreams said:

I just received this CIB game I bought on eBay a week ago, which was actually in good condition considering its age.

image.thumb.jpeg.e3bafa62f514d5c8bd50856901019160.jpeg

I'll never understand why people insist on thinking that a fragile cardboard box can be sent in a simple bubble wrap envelope.

It arrived completely flattened.

What a waste...

Hoo boy that sucks. Especially cause that boxart is something else.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Hoo boy that sucks. Especially cause that boxart is something else.

Looks like the postman sat on it by accident. This has happened to me a few times ordering 2600 CIB games. Some people just don't know how to pack and post something fragile. 

7 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

It would be nice if double ended carts came back.  If Atari brought out new double ended carts, I'd get them.

I’m on the fence. The concept is cool, but they don’t store very well vs. standard carts. Probably an OCD trait bouncing around in my head around that.
‘Must look uniformed and organized in storage’ Ha ha 

Edited by MikeM_
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Yes, these style carts are great also. I have a Zellers multi-game cart with 3 switches and 8 games. Probably cheaper to produce. lol

• Like 1

A couple of carts arrived today.  I gave each a short play.  I've never played the 7800 version of Joust before but have played other ports quite a bit.  I really like it and will be playing it a lot I think.

Choplifter... I will say that the helicopter seems a lot harder to control than some other versions I've played.  I'll need to try it some more to form an opinion.

2carts.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, LS650 said:

A couple of carts arrived today.  I gave each a short play.  I've never played the 7800 version of Joust before but have played other ports quite a bit.  I really like it and will be playing it a lot I think.

Choplifter... I will say that the helicopter seems a lot harder to control than some other versions I've played.  I'll need to try it some more to form an opinion.

2carts.jpg

Joust 7800 is a lot better than the 2600 version, which is also a decent game.

• Like 4