IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

5 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Is it December 25th? 🎄

No?

It is here!

These two also arrived. 

A game at the top of my most wanted list, and a custom twin stick controller.

Instead of the usual configuration of the second button being the other 7800 button I opted for it to be the right port fire button. So here I have two controllers in one housing. It might be useful for some games and Robotron only requires one button anyway so it will work as a twinstick controller for it. 👍🏻

IMG_20240325_151344.jpg

Montezuma's revenge. That's a rare one I would like to get. Retrogameboyz controller?

• Like 2

Another pricy addition came in today. 

It slows you down a lot when most of what’s left to find are the rare ones. 
IMG_4087.thumb.jpeg.0870a30745d8506e6ef858ae43d2b805.jpeg

Wasn’t sure it worked on the plus (the official list still says no), but my copy started right up and played just fine. 👍🏼 

IMG_4085.thumb.jpeg.4e5c269da6153f9561214fbc136f8d25.jpeg

• Like 8

I finally managed to catch up on the 20 or so pages of conversation I've missed!

Regarding more games for the Driving controller, there's the Indy 500 XE hack you can purchase a cartridge of through AtariAge.  I wouldn't say it's the definitive version of the game, but it has some excellent tracks that make good use of screen looping.  That said, it's not really playable on the 2600+ currently.  (You have to rotate the controller dial 180 degrees to turn ~15 degrees in-game.)

As for game purchases, I've mainly been fleshing out my Evercade library, but I did pick up some 2600 and 7800 games last week:

LastWeeksHaul_03222024.thumb.jpg.20b70ed3c277a02acd7d8a578112cee8.jpg

I wasn't jonesing for any of these games, but I was pleasantly surprised by Mouse Trap.  It's kind of a variation on Lady Bug / Pac-Man.  I also thought it'd be a good idea to own a Telesys cart and another Coleco cart for compatibility testing.  As for Crack'ed, this was the umpteenth time I've stumbled across a copy, and it was only $8, so I took it as a sign that I should finally buy it.  Not my best purchase but not my worst either.

That said, I'm pretty excited about what's coming in the mail.  I'll have my first PAL 2600 game arriving soon, Threshold, as well as a red-label variant of Infiltrate.  I managed to purchase both for ~$30 including tax and shipping.

Edited by KainXavier
  • Like 7