IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

38 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Tunnel Runner🤙

Next US import should be Crackpots🤔

After that I would like to go for Ninjish Guy, Knight Guy and T:me Salvo from AA store (Bentley Bear and Froggie still on their way)🕹

20240401_214700.jpg

20240401_214708.jpg

20240401_214721.jpg

Yes! You picked up one of my favourites, what a great game and a real tech showcase from that era. 🤟🏻

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

There seems to be mixed opinions on this one, personally I like it. 😊👍🏻

I haven't received it or played it yet. Probably the difficulty level is apparently too easy. Difficulty switches set to A apprently make it more of a challenge and enjoyable... I'll try it and see for myself, when it arrives. 

• Like 1

20240401_121524.thumb.jpg.dd53e6227529a3120dc87f821c15a497.jpg

This is my recent pickup.  It's a prototype repro cart like the label says.  It works on the 2600+.  The artwork is really cool looking.  I like the game.  It's a good shooter.  It has auto fire which is nice.

By default the game has unlimited lives.  Basically a built-in cheat code.  Gotta love that.  There are limited lives based on the selected difficulty too.  Also, you can pause the game by moving the lever to the B&W option.

I'm glad to have a prototype game in my collection.  

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

This is my recent pickup.  It's a prototype repro cart like the label says.  It works on the 2600+.  The artwork is really cool looking.  I like the game.  It's a good shooter.  It has auto fire which is nice.

By default the game has unlimited lives.  Basically a built-in cheat code.  Gotta love that.  There are limited lives based on the selected difficulty too.  Also, you can pause the game by moving the lever to the B&W option.

This is interesting, can you share a link to a video so we can see what it's like?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

Tunnel Runner🤙

Next US import should be Crackpots🤔

After that I would like to go for Ninjish Guy, Knight Guy and T:me Salvo from AA store (Bentley Bear and Froggie still on their way)🕹

20240401_214700.jpg

20240401_214708.jpg

20240401_214721.jpg

That’s a rare one, isn’t it? Nice!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Great Artwork 👍

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 4:00 PM, DEANJIMMY said:

I have the feeling HERO plays a little less accurate on the 2600+ but I can not prove it.

Regarding input lag, there are so many factors playing their part.

Modern TVs even in gaming mode provide (different) input lag and it is hard to find the absolute values anywhere.

When I first played on the 2600+ I had it hooked up to a 55 inch TV. We played different games when we played Super Breakout we noticed a lag in play but it wasn’t the paddles or the 2600+. Game mode was on. After I thought about I remembered having an arcade control deck hooked to a 40 inch screen playing Tapper, game mode was on. This also had a lag. Connecting to a 32 inch or smaller I have no issue. Paddles work great on the 2600+, H.E.R.O. Runs great. I can’t be sure but we seem to have a better experience when playing retro emulation on 32 inch or less! Or it could just be the model TVs that I have.

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

When I first played on the 2600+ I had it hooked up to a 55 inch TV. We played different games when we played Super Breakout we noticed a lag in play but it wasn’t the paddles or the 2600+. Game mode was on. After I thought about I remembered having an arcade control deck hooked to a 40 inch screen playing Tapper, game mode was on. This also had a lag. Connecting to a 32 inch or smaller I have no issue. Paddles work great on the 2600+, H.E.R.O. Runs great. I can’t be sure but we seem to have a better experience when playing retro emulation on 32 inch or less! Or it could just be the model TVs that I have.

It is rather the TV model. The input lag differs a lot between TV sets.

I do not feel input lag on other games on my TV.

It is just with HERO and not really lag.

On real HW I walk left and right on a platform and with my arcade stick I always push the joystick n times left and n times right and always walk the same distance. On the 2600+ with the same stick it is from 10 tries 1 time n-1.

So I give the same input but the sprite does one longer step sometimes.

It is like the joystick mcu is a bit late to signal that I do not press the stick anymore.

It is not like pushing the stick longer time and stop pushing it when I reach the break point. A failure of doing this could be input lag, as you see the edge to late.

In my case I push my arcade stick just for a little contact. I could do this blind folded. On real HW I can always walk the same distance by the same number of joystick pushes.

On 2600+ the distance varies by a chance of maybe 10%.

Well, I changed my game play now. On real HW I walked in front of a wall with no space left, before I drop my dynamite.

Now I stop with some distance to the wall and drop the dynamite, as it works over some distance anyway😊

I can dupe it only with HERO as it is sensitive to it.

There are always certain games more prune to lag than others.

You can use any cheap setup to play most Amiga games but you'll fail on Kick Off 2 😉

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

Think knock-off Death Star trench battle scene.

image.gif.dcfcf0677efa1eb42d543817c1768748.gif

I have never been able to figure Star Strike. The gameplay is confusing to me. One of these days I need to sit down with it and figure it out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, jeremiahjt said:

I have never been able to figure Star Strike. The gameplay is confusing to me. One of these days I need to sit down with it and figure it out.

Has it got a manual, physical or pdf? 🤔

6 hours ago, CaptainBreakout said:

Hoy!  I got the greatest package ever from Deutschland today!

I'll write about it more as I explore it.

IMG_20240403_193452637.thumb.jpg.5514714351f2b4ad306034fde36e6738.jpg

Life is good. Enjoy it.

This is very intriuging, I look forward to seeing more.

Enjoy. :)

This arrived yesterday. 

It's kinda awesome/crap 🤣

They reached high and attempted an isometric game. Maybe it's me but it's not super clear how to cross the water, when I get it I'll get I'm sure and maybe I'll have a higher opinion of the game. The second screen is standard 2D so perhaps when I get to that I will enjoy it more. 

I primarily purchased this as a collector piece, I now own all but one Sega 2600 game, and I like the artwork. 

IMG_20240404_114354.jpg

• Like 5