IGNORED

Collecting for the 2600+

Brad_from_the_80s

5 minutes ago, CaptainBreakout said:

It's been almost two decades since I first saw this cart label on the AtariAge search index.... 20 years since that lmao...  And here it is in my hands!

My son and I played it last night ... And we admit we had no idea what we were doing.

If you don't have anything to do for twoinutes of your life... I recorded some of the experience...

That’s Great! Looks like fun! What controller is your son using? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CaptainBreakout said:

IMG_20240413_114242682.thumb.jpg.9ae285a82260e6849f035ae9d22b175d.jpg

It's been almost two decades since I first saw this cart label on the AtariAge search index.... 20 years since that lmao...  And here it is in my hands!

My son and I played it last night ... And we admit we had no idea what we were doing.

If you don't have anything to do for twoinutes of your life... I recorded some of the experience...

This is a fun game! I have it too, my version is called Alien's Return. 

You look for pieces of the spaceship, when you find a piece you change colour, you put it in the indicated corner, if it's not the first piece, or the next piece required (left to right) you have to put it back in the slot you found it and continue your search. I've not played it for a while, I think I've described it correctly. 

It's good, I like it, a unique game. 👍🏻

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JetmanUK said:

It's been great reading and participating in this thread, and I'll continue to do so, but soon without any more new to me classic carts. 😊

I enjoy reading your posts JetmanUK. Start buying duplicates so you keep posting!😁

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, CaptainBreakout said:

It's a Genesis 6-button controller on a seagull adaptor (from the AA store). We're playing this on a 7800 with an A/V mod.

Ok, it looked like analog thumb sticks. I thought it was a Xbox controller. All I’m thinking is what adapter do I need now! lol! And yes that works well!

Edited by MrChickenz

4 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

I enjoy reading your posts JetmanUK. Start buying duplicates so you keep posting!😁

Thank you

Well, this is an addictive hobby, so you never know! 🤣

I'll still be here, this is a great community, I've enjoyed sharing with everyone, and everyone's comments/cart photos. 😊

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

This is a fun game! I have it too, my version is called Alien's Return. 

You look for pieces of the spaceship, when you find a piece you change colour, you put it in the indicated corner, if it's not the first piece, or the next piece required (left to right) you have to put it back in the slot you found it and continue your search. I've not played it for a while, I think I've described it correctly. 

It's good, I like it, a unique game. 👍🏻

Here's a screenshot from the bottom left of this game, this is what it looks like with three pieces of the ship found.

You can see it's a traditional flying saucer type design, get all four pieces in order and thats the maze complete. 👍🏻

Really nice artwork for this one too. 

IMG_20240413_200350.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-13-20-10-16-295_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 5

20240413_151710.thumb.jpg.0e04a3f8ce6982b0eac3df3a88b9945e.jpg

20240413_152358.thumb.jpg.1729c833948c007cde42b79c3d6fad6e.jpg

Here's the recent homebrew I got.  It works on the 2600+.  The game is fun.  But there's a bit of a learning curve.  It's not as easy as it looks.  I crashed many times.  Lol.  I was able to land safely a few times.  The controller I used was a custom 7800 gamepad.  

There are no game variations or difficulty settings.  You get 3 lives then it's game over.  If you like Lunar Lander, you'll enjoy this game.  I'll be playing L.E.M. some more.  I didn't get far enough to dodge the asteroids.  Overall it's a good homebrew.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

Here's the recent homebrew I got.  It works on the 2600+.  The game is fun.  But there's a bit of a learning curve.  It's not as easy as it looks.  I crashed many times.  Lol.  I was able to land safely a few times.  The controller I used was a custom 7800 gamepad.  

There are no game variations or difficulty settings.  You get 3 lives then it's game over.  If you like Lunar Lander, you'll enjoy this game.  I'll be playing L.E.M. some more.  I didn't get far enough to dodge the asteroids.  Overall it's a good homebrew.

Very nice! This caught my eye a few times browsing the homebrew section on AtariAge. I’ll have to put this on my list. I’m a fan of Lunar Lander.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetmanUK said:

Ok, well, erm,  I purchased another complete in box. 🤷🏻🤣

Lol! What did you purchase? I don’t have a lot of CIB myself for the 2600 but I recently started picking some up here and there since I purchased my 2600+.

1 minute ago, MrChickenz said:

Lol! What did you purchase? I don’t have a lot of CIB myself for the 2600 but I recently started picking some up here and there since I purchased my 2600+.

Canyon Bomber. There isn't a PAL version and although it's playable on a PAL console the colours are terrible!

Of course the beauty of the Plus is that you can play PAL and NTSC carts and they just work correctly, so I'll be able to play with pin sharp graphics and the correct colours on it.

I've previously played it on my PAL light sixer with the Harmony cart but the colours are awful. Another good case for having both OG and Plus hardware. Both have their advantages/disadvantages. 

I didn't purposely go after a complete version of the game, I saw one cheap (relative to just carts which had high postage costs from USA/Canada), I got lucky. CIB from Germany, cheaper postage 👍🏻

It's an early game, one of the 2K ones. Can't believe they made games fit in 2K, crazy. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Does this run in 1.0 firmware? I mean not available locally in the UK, but noting for future reference 😁

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Canyon Bomber. There isn't a PAL version and although it's playable on a PAL console the colours are terrible!

Of course the beauty of the Plus is that you can play PAL and NTSC carts and they just work correctly, so I'll be able to play with pin sharp graphics and the correct colours on it.

I've previously played it on my PAL light sixer with the Harmony cart but the colours are awful. Another good case for having both OG and Plus hardware. Both have their advantages/disadvantages. 

I didn't purposely go after a complete version of the game, I saw one cheap (relative to just carts which had high postage costs from USA/Canada), I got lucky. CIB from Germany, cheaper postage 👍🏻

It's an early game, one of the 2K ones. Can't believe they made games fit in 2K, crazy. 

Seems like you got a good deal! Yes I think it’s good to have both OG and Plus hardware if you like to collect. Canyon Bomber is a good one to have CIB. I recently found Human Cannonball CIB good condition very cheap. I never had that back in the day so I was having some fun with that!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

Seems like you got a good deal! Yes I think it’s good to have both OG and Plus hardware if you like to collect. Canyon Bomber is a good one to have CIB. I recently found Human Cannonball CIB good condition very cheap. I never had that back in the day so I was having some fun with that!

Ah I really like the art for Human Cannonball. I have it as a lose cart, I need to play it properly. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sean_1970 said:

Does this run in 1.0 firmware? I mean not available locally in the UK, but noting for future reference 😁

It runs on the default firmware.  I never updated my console.  The game just works.  It's a 16K cart size, I wasn't sure if it was going to work.  If it didn't, I would play it on my 7800.  Most of my homebrews are 8K cart size.  It really depends on the game.  Some won't work even if the console is updated.  Such as the Champ Games carts.  I have one of their games but have to play it on my 7800.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

It runs on the default firmware.  I never updated my console.  The game just works.  It's a 16K cart size, I wasn't sure if it was going to work.  If it didn't, I would play it on my 7800.  Most of my homebrews are 8K cart size.  It really depends on the game.  Some won't work even if the console is updated.  Such as the Champ Games carts.  I have one of their games but have to play it on my 7800.

Which Champ Games game do you own?

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

It's Galagon. 

Right. I have six of their games, all ROMs, I play them on the Harmony cart on original hardware, apart from Elevator Agent as it's not compatible, so it's Stella for that one. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

Retro Game Boyz has another cool looking gamepad for 2600/7800.

Here's the link. https://retrogameboyz.com/products/atari-2600-7800-controller-2600-joystick-control-pad-gamepad-yars

Yeah his stuff is nice.

I am really pleased with my Robotron controller, I've used it on 7800 Robotron 2084 and Champ Games 2600 Robotwar 2684 too. Both play well with it. 

• Like 2