IGNORED

Intellivision Ghostbusters Limited Edition game

IMG_20231216_154859.thumb.jpg.032a820153b50f64d8bfb79139790656.jpgIMG_20231216_154908.thumb.jpg.7e1b7daaa1f9adb541a828f6ee5092f3.jpg

Just arrived!!! It's unbelievable package, I can't wait for Christmas to open it 🥰🥰🥰🥰

It's truly the most beautiful masterpiece in packaging of all the time!

22 hours ago, Vincehood said:

What about the game? Is it good? Is it faithful to versions on other systems?

About the game, should be almost the same or really similar to the first production made by Dino (Inty-Home). I can assure that it was really addictive and playable, exactly like the original historical one! The original game and movie atmospheres are absolutely perfectly recreated, I've played it many times for hours!

Thanks Dino and Inty-Home for that amazing Christmas gift! 🥰

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, livingonwheels said:

I received my Limited Edition Ghostbusters in the white box.

My copy has arrived as well! It sure got here quickly from Italy. I'll have to follow up with Dino to say thanks for handling this so well. Such a contrast from all the secrecy and cryptic messaging around other recent games. Now I'm off to have some fun! :)  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Taslim said:

What was the price of it? I heard a better version came out that had more options like the ability to choose your car.

I'm unsure how much I paid. I think about $140 or so. Edit: I was way off, it was about $225 (includes shipping).

But I'm going to be honest here and say I'm kinda disappointed. After watching a video comparing the two Intellivision Ghostbusters versions (I was unaware there were two versions floating around before I stumbled on this video - the Inty-Home Edition and the Ultimate Edition ) it's beyond dispute that this Inty-Home version is the lesser of the two by a huge margin (gameplay wise). I do give the packaging and presentation a 10 out of 10 though. And the obvious misspelling in this Inty-Home version that appears soon after boot up really bothers me (believe is spelled "Belive"). Reminds me of another recent purchase I made - USA Zombie Apocalypse for the Vectrex. Unbelievable beautiful presentation, the box, overlay, and cartridge are top notch. Unfortunately the game itself is lackluster. Here's the Ghostbusters comparison video I'm referencing:

https://youtu.be/94JvaSusT70?si=tyrCfxqCIrmW5bCn

Edited by livingonwheels
  • Like 1

I have the white box limited edition of the Inty-Home version of GB which was produced and ordered before the "ultimate edition" was announced. My plan is to buy the new one too and if the CIB option isn't available later, I'll just keep the cart with the Inty-Home limited edition and call it the Mega Ultimate Limited Edition edition. :D 

Until someone makes another version that does light housecleaning. ;) 

• Like 1

To be fair to Inty-Home I believe he is creating games that represent what he believes we would have got back in the day.  Using the memory limitations of the cartridges of the time. 

This can be seen in all the Inty-Home games.  Great packaging but a game that looks like it is from the time period when the console was relevant and not a representation of the development skills of the programmer.

The 2024 release is taking advantage of the tools and hardware available and using them to deliver something above and beyond.

I think the collectors love the Inty-Home products and appreciated them for what they are.  I'm not a collector myself.  I only buy the games I want to play but Ghostbusters is a special case.  I had to have that big white box with my name on it and that glowing cartridge.

Edited by Sinjinhawke
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Inty-Home [..] using the memory limitations of the cartridges of the time.

The 2024 release is taking advantage of the tools [..]

Would that suggest that Inty-Home is programming in pure assembly code, limiting his games to 8 kilodecles (or possibly 16), perhaps using the built-in EXEC with its duty cycle? I'm quite sure he uses IntyBASIC like all of us other. I know making a game in 8 kilodecles is a major challenge with the compiler. 16 is doable, which would represent some of the largest Intellivision games that came out. With a modern memory map, you can get 42 kilodecles without bank swapping.

Sure, the other team has access to even more advanced tools, in particular for creating and playing back the voice samples. Then again Electronic Speech Systems existed in 1984, as those were the ones providing technology to C64 games like Ghostbusters and Impossible Mission. The Intellivision world on the other hand had IntyVoice, which with licensed technology can generate custom speech, so technically what Inty-Home then represents is a 3rd party software developer back in the day who lacked the resources to make IntyVoice enhanced games.

• Like 2