IGNORED

Ghosts ‘N Goblins

SuperPacMan

16 minutes ago, san-d-2000 said:

Any updates on this, also would be nice to know if this board is being used for any of this year Club games before ordering

No update from me, yet. It's still on my to-do list, though.

For future club games, that depends on game size, in the least. I also anticipate the boards to be fixed at that point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5-11under said:

No update from me, yet. It's still on my to-do list, though.

For future club games, that depends on game size, in the least. I also anticipate the boards to be fixed at that point.

excellent, perhaps users would be able to buy a few fixed boards so if they are able they can fix their own cartridges that don't work, either by swapping the ROM chip to the new board or if the fix is minor apply their own fix to their current cartridge perhaps?

best of luck on finding the fix though, it would be of great benefit to all

I’ll chime in as well, when I first got my game, I tried it in my f18a modded console and I just got the green screen with or without an SGM.

Next I tried it in my console that had an console5 AV mod, but no other modifications. First try it had a lot of screen artifacts, but the game was there. I cleaned the contacts on the cart and the image improved, but still not perfect. Several weeks later I tried it several times and cleanings on this console and only got the orange CAPCOM logo, but no game. All of these where with and without SGM.

I emailed Toby and he said that I was welcome to return it for a replacement, but every one that came back had worked. Not wanting to waste anyone’s time or money, I decided to try a few other things including changing out my power supply. Nothing changed.

Like many of us here, I have a “sickness” and have about 6 more consoles I picked up cheaply to repair. I grabbed one that actually worked and had no modifications that I’m aware of and hooked it up to RF with one of those cheap adapters into the coax on my modern TV. It worked perfectly! I tried the RF output on my AV modded console and it still didn’t work.

The whole thing is weird, because all my other old games and homebrews work fine on the other consoles. There must be some odd circumstance that is off that GNG needs that other games don’t?

Rutager

i also had better luck with my  french scart machine, but experienced game crashes after a while. i would use this machine more but there are vertical ghosting lines on screen which gets worse after a while changed the vdp and the video ram but still does its ghost lines....  but apart from that it as far as i know functions and plays all my other cartridges without issues or graphical glitches.

I typically refrain from commenting on others' games for ethical reasons, but I must acknowledge that this game is truly remarkable. Surpassing its level of achievement would pose an interesting challenge, not to mention serving as an additional motivator for any developer to strive for improvement. Whoever this Mystery Man is, he is good! 

• Like 3