IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - December 25th 2023

Pixelboy

@Pixelboy - I believe I have the Star Fortress and Space Invasion box you are looking for.  I will check in the AM and scan it for you if they are the correct ones.  I will also check my Super Arcade Controller.  I have no idea if it is black or white, as it is still in the original box.  That said, I will be sure to check for that as well.

Thanks!

Ben

image.thumb.png.6f493a11983743df38129df039ecc5de.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bennybingo said:

@Pixelboy - I believe I have the Star Fortress and Space Invasion box you are looking for.  I will check in the AM and scan it for you if they are the correct ones.  I will also check my Super Arcade Controller.  I have no idea if it is black or white, as it is still in the original box.  That said, I will be sure to check for that as well.

Excellent! That would be great!

When you scan the two game boxes, please be sure to remove the papers from the plastic shells and scan only the papers.  :)

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 12:34 PM, Pixelboy said:

Nope, as far as I know they should work with the .rom extension. 

Please note that Space Shuttle is a 64K ROM, which implies that it uses the "Activision PCB" bankswitching architecture. I believe a firmware update is required to make such 64K ROMs playable on the Atarimax Ultimate SD cartridge. I mention it because not all owners of the SD cart may have downloaded and installed that firmware update.

Space Shuttle will not work on my Atarimax. And i bought a brand new Atarimax cart within the last month. Bummer. I so wanted this game.

1 hour ago, livingonwheels said:

Won't work on my Atarimax either (purchased in 2019) even with updated firmware.

Very weird... Alright, so please try the alternate ROM below. It should work, but keep in mind that it wasn't fully beta-tested like the 64K version, so I can't guarantee you won't see some bugs.

space_shuttle_128K.rom

3 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

Very weird... Alright, so please try the alternate ROM below. It should work, but keep in mind that it wasn't fully beta-tested like the 64K version, so I can't guarantee you won't see some bugs.

space_shuttle_128K.rom 128 kB · 8 downloads

Any hints on how to start this game? I noticed on the scroll across the bottom of the screen it says to PRESS # to Begin, but then it says DEMO and I can't seem to do much other than turn a few switches on and off.

Alright, so I can see lots of people want to be able to play Space Shuttle but require the manual, which is quite understandable.  :)

Full disclosure: I sent a PM to Kamshaft recently to see if he could host the manuals for Space Shuttle and Utopia on cvaddict.com, and I'm still waiting to hear back from him. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pixelboy said:

Alright, so I can see lots of people want to be able to play Space Shuttle but require the manual, which is quite understandable.  :)

Full disclosure: I sent a PM to Kamshaft recently to see if he could host the manuals for Space Shuttle and Utopia on cvaddict.com, and I'm still waiting to hear back from him. Stay tuned.

If you don't hear back from him, I would gladly put them on my web page.

On 12/30/2023 at 1:52 AM, bennybingo said:

Thanks!

Ben

image.thumb.png.6f493a11983743df38129df039ecc5de.png

Just want to mention that bennybingo never got back to me about the above, and his PM inbox is disabled so I cannot contact him via AtariAge. I tried sending him an e-mail using an e-mail address I had in my records, and I got no response, so I'm not sure if he got it.

Just a suggestion, Maybe the 128k version of Space Shuttle can be added to CVaddict for people who want to use it on their Atarimax. The 64k version ROM that is on there does not work on the Atarimax. But, The 128k version works excellent on the Atatrimax! Very interesting and original game. Its almost fun to fail. lol

Thanks for making this ROM available

Cheers 

Kev

Edited by klasko54
grammatical errors

5 hours ago, klasko54 said:

Joe, There are 5 manuals.

Until something is worked out with the manuals, Space Shuttle is a port of the MSX version, so the MSX manual should be a big help and you can see a picture of the overlay on Tram Pixelboy’s website.

20 hours ago, NIAD said:

Until something is worked out with the manuals, Space Shuttle is a port of the MSX version, so the MSX manual should be a big help and you can see a picture of the overlay on Tram Pixelboy’s website.

Never thought of that and just found the MSX SS manual. It answered a few of my questions. Thanks for the suggestion Jim.