IGNORED

Atari 2600+ Beta Update 1.1

Ben from Plaion

On 1/10/2024 at 10:25 PM, Ben from Plaion said:

Yes thats one thing that needs to be ensured. I would hope that the cart inserted would play at the correct FPS just with 60hz final display, elements like z26 for PAL games should remain as thats a positive part of the 1.1 beta update, I mean who wants to play Enduro with a black road.

Any news about this new build??

Edited by AtariYMás009

11 hours ago, DEANJIMMY said:

What keys have any use?

F1, what else?

On Retropie it is a hotkey + others🤔

Standard RA GUI stuff for navigation - arrow keys, Z, X, backspace

13 hours ago, BitMerge6502 said:

That's cool that your USB drive is recognized, have you tried loading aa ROM? How did you access the full options menu? For me, pushing F1 only pops up the save state menu. The other F keys didn't seem to do anything other than load/advance/save the current save state. ESC returns to Cart dumper screen then crashes. Seems like there is a custom configuration being used because the hotkeys do not match the Stella wiki defaults.

You can move around with the above navigation keys.  Although the USB media is recognized, selecting load content will start the dumper cycle with the code customizations - so no loading a rom from there unfortunately.

image.thumb.png.993f3a8122e05714f1d692bcb4a73931.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

I get builds every day. We are edging closer to making a follow up public.

Has anyone noticed that Super Breakout using CX30+ paddles are “Jumpy” on the controls?

10 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Thanks Ben.

Really looking forward to seeing what's in there. 🤟🏻

I would be happy with just PAL games displaying correctly and better compatibility for now. Emulation is never going to be 100% on any system. Emulation is after all..."the process of copying something achieved by someone else and trying to do it as well as they have"

9 minutes ago, chad5200 said:

Looks like your TV is having trouble displaying moments when the sprites are flickering.

It’s not the TV! My original hardware and Retron 77 have no issues! I have Atari 6 switch 4 switch Jr. Coleco Gemini no issues It’s the 2600+

• Like 1

I know I've seen a reference in this thread to Champ Games not working in general, but specifically I just tested Champ's "Wizard of Wor" and "Elevator Agent" with the Beta. Both just yielded bright flickering horizontal striped bars. Yes, they both work on my 7800.

2 hours ago, chad5200 said:

Looks like your TV is having trouble displaying moments when the sprites are flickering.

I know this is a common issue, but it's not that. There's a problem with the paddle behavior. You can tell because on Atari 50 it behaves properly (although no paddles there) 

Some games with paddles work better. A few don't and Super Breakout is one. 

My TV is always in the correct Game mode on both. 

Edited by tradyblix
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aragorn7 said:

I know I've seen a reference in this thread to Champ Games not working in general, but specifically I just tested Champ's "Wizard of Wor" and "Elevator Agent" with the Beta. Both just yielded bright flickering horizontal striped bars. Yes, they both work on my 7800.

Yeah all Melody board games don't work. If they had to use an ARM processor to make it happen, it won't work on 2600+ right now. 

Edited by tradyblix
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Kangaroo has disappearing sprites NTSC version! 1.1 Beta

i have no issues playing kangaroo i think this is normal for this game as even on my light sixer on original hardware this happens