IGNORED

Amazon UK selling the 2600 Plus for crazy cheap!

JetmanUK

21 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Is that a bad sign for the 2600+?

I just took this as a nice on off discount. Lets see I guess. 

Although sales figures haven't been released I believe they said that they were happy with sales and the positive response.

It could be that they are after a boost to sales just prior to a new cart announcement, due tomorrow. More consoles sales and therefore potentially more people to sell those carts too. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Not sure why, but Amazon have a great deal right now, if any of you don't have one yet.

£68.99!

Who needs a second one in another room? 🤔

Screenshot_2024-01-29-05-39-56-947_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping-edit.jpg

Thanks for the heads up

I have a spare 22" TV and a plan to make a cheap Atari arcade cabinet where you can slot the games in the front and sit on a stool and play. Anyone else done anything like that?

5 hours ago, john_q_atari said:

Not as good of a deal after shipping costs to the US but still a $24 discount if sent to the US. I wonder if it arrives in the US in a bunch of little pieces...

I ordered the paddles w/ 4-in-1 cart from Amazon UK and they arrived to my location in the USA quickly and in perfect condition.

• Like 4

Yes I wonder if I will get my order. My credit card flagged the original transaction but then I let them know it was legit. Amazon's website said they would retry the charge in a few days, then my new credit card arrived that I never asked for but the credit card company said was for my protection. Then I activated the card and noticed Amazon automatically updated the old credit card in my account to the newly activated one... Well if I don't get it I'll wait a year or two and pick one up cheap on Ebay. (I already have my original pre-order one.)

On 1/29/2024 at 3:34 AM, john_q_atari said:

Not as good of a deal after shipping costs to the US but still a $24 discount if sent to the US. I wonder if it arrives in the US in a bunch of little pieces...

I bought a TheC64 "Maxi" from Amazon UK recently because that's the only way I could find to get one new in the US.  It was well packed and arrived intact.

It arrived in the the US in only two days after my order, cleared customs in a day, then it took FedEx another 8 days to deliver it.  But that's about FedEx sucking and not about Amazon UK.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, john_q_atari said:

Yes I wonder if I will get my order. My credit card flagged the original transaction but then I let them know it was legit. Amazon's website said they would retry the charge in a few days, then my new credit card arrived that I never asked for but the credit card company said was for my protection. Then I activated the card and noticed Amazon automatically updated the old credit card in my account to the newly activated one... Well if I don't get it I'll wait a year or two and pick one up cheap on Ebay. (I already have my original pre-order one.)

When I ordered my paddles on Amazon UK my bank texted me and I had to respond yes or no to authorize or cancel the transaction. I guess it happened fast enough that Amazon didn’t block the purchase, though the bank’s text said that if that happened to try again.

• 4 weeks later...

Well my CC was billed 3 weeks ago and Amazon.co.uk still hasn't shipped my order. I contacted customer service a few days ago and they said it was stuck in processing or something and they would expedite and send me a tracking number in 48 hours, and those 48 hours have come and gone. I guess they really don't want to sell it to me at their advertised (and billed) price at the time. They have since raised their advertised price by 56% percent. I guess I'll keep waiting. Talk about lousy customer service...

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, john_q_atari said:

Well my CC was billed 3 weeks ago and Amazon.co.uk still hasn't shipped my order. I contacted customer service a few days ago and they said it was stuck in processing or something and they would expedite and send me a tracking number in 48 hours, and those 48 hours have come and gone. I guess they really don't want to sell it to me at their advertised (and billed) price at the time. They have since raised their advertised price by 56% percent. I guess I'll keep waiting. Talk about lousy customer service...

That's weird. They don't normally bill if they aren't prepared to actually ship.

• 2 months later...
On 1/29/2024 at 1:04 AM, Krullor said:

Thanks for the heads up

I have a spare 22" TV and a plan to make a cheap Atari arcade cabinet where you can slot the games in the front and sit on a stool and play. Anyone else done anything like that?

Yes, a guy named Shawn Kelly did this about 20 years ago or so.

7 hours ago, N0mi said:

Another discount only valid today:

Amazon Germany sells the unit for 77,28 €! 

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0CG9SVRJY?tag=pepperugc09-21&ascsubtag=1948128521

This could also mean that they want to get rid of the old stock before  launching an upgraded version. Perhaps with the new firmware already installed. Or perhaps some interesting new bundle of games and 7800 gamepads

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dr Karnov said:

(I'm assuming that's his name)

I think he prefers Jim. 🤣

I almost pulled the trigger, but decided to ask him. Good job I did, he said he didn't think he'd use it. Shame.