IGNORED

New(ish) 7800 Games and Accessories announced by Atari and Plaion compatible with the 2600+

Ben from Plaion

On 6/23/2024 at 4:23 PM, Fred_M said:

It is possible to buy the new games and accessoires from Amazon.de but the shipping costs are quite high. I guess none of the Dutch sellers were interested anymore?? 🙄

I'm also from the Netherlands and I indeed ordered the CX78+ from Amazon.de. Shipping costs are a bit higher (€ 6,99), but I'm happy with my CX78+. It feels nice and robust.

• Like 1

Most of the Atari items I pre-ordered on Amazon are set to arrive in the coming days, but Ninja Golf still shows "Not yet shipped. We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date." Is Ninja Golf still being released and if so is there any idea when it will start shipping from Amazon?

Thanks.

• Like 1

I’ve played today Crystal Quest using the new CX78+ controller and the new cable extension. The need to press two buttons for a big jump is weird, but I could manage it quite well with the CX78+. Extra length is really useful, as I could sit comfortably on a sofa few meters away from my TV.
IMG_2997.thumb.jpeg.76d8963b16cd3dc099abad16f3c2aac8.jpeg
I took the advice of @Ben from Plaion and unscrewed the little joystick, indeed it works better without it. 

Edited by MarcinJ
Forgot to mention the extension cable
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, MarcinJ said:

I’ve played today Crystal Quest using the new CX78+ controller and the new cable extension. The need to press two buttons for a big jump is weird, but I could manage it quite well with the CX78+. Extra length is really useful, as I could sit comfortably on a sofa few meters away from my TV.
I took the advice of @Ben from Plaion and unscrewed the little joystick, indeed it works better without it. 

Yes, to press two buttons at the same time on a pad is tricky, therefore I play it with a joystick and therefore later pads got shoulder buttons😊

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MarcinJ said:

Make sure the run / fire button is 1 and the jump button is 2. Much easier to play this great game like that.

I think you need both difficulty switches to A for that particular button config

Edited by Ben from Plaion
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Make sure the run / fire button is 1 and the jump button is 2. Much easier to play this great game like that.

I think you need both difficulty switches to A for that particular button config

Ah, therefore you can swap the buttons... I will try that game with a pad again😊

On 1/29/2024 at 7:59 PM, MikeM_ said:

I think the reason Nintendo and Sega don’t follow suit is because they don’t have to. 

Their strength is in their 1st party titles that they still own. Mario, Sonic, Zelda, etc. it’s super easy for them to release greatest hits collections for modern consoles and satisfy a majority of the consumers. 

A lot of Atari’s top hits were licensed from, or produced by 3rd parties. Space Invaders, PAC-Man, Donkey Kong, Pitfall!…

Atari can’t easily repackage 2600 games that other companies own, so building a replica console that allows us to replay all our games, regardless of who owns the IP makes great sense. Plus they can re-release the IP they do have and generate new buzz in addition. 

I mean, it also means more retro-revival goodness for atari, hopefully even a few Third Parties eventually try their hand at 7800/2600 stuff, at least for licensing.

We need more atari these days anyways, a fun thing to play off and on regularly

also i did get my stuff a few days ago, actually maybe on monday, which funnily meant i came home from Driving School to head home and practice what i learned on Fatal Run. Controller is comfier than i expected, but sometimes the joystick thingy isn't helpful and taking it off means your thumb rubs against a metal hole and also doesn't help too much, but it is great and is just because of accuracies sake which is beautiful, i need more 7800 games now...