IGNORED

New(ish) 7800 Games and Accessories announced by Atari and Plaion compatible with the 2600+

Ben from Plaion

Well you have a good point there Gold leader. I mean I kinda assumed that 2600+ was available at retail because I read stories about it last year, but it's probably not, and especially if you don't live in a major city like me. I don't actually go to retail stores because I do all my shopping on ... you know who, that big bad corporation that has it all out for us !!! lol.

Walmart seems to have more than their fair share of Atari stuff.... even used stuff... at least on their website. https://www.walmart.com/search?q=Atari+2600%2B

$169.99. yikes. 

Edited by tradyblix
  • Like 1

Yeah WalMart allows all kinds of others to sell on their website (just like Amazon) but not in their stores.  The last time I saw something by Atari in a Walmart,  it was also an ATGames Atari Flashback in SD with no paddles, no Gold Edition, No Activision...Just like at GameStop,  *sigh*...

• Like 2

Well, when I ordered Berzerk, Mr. Run and Jump, and the 4-in-1, Amazon couldn't even be bothered to put the packages in any sort of packaging.  They put the shipping label on the game box and sent it.  A bubble envelope would have been an improvement.  It's really sad because I do like Amazon and use them constantly for media, since unless you live in say, Los Angeles (which I did for 10 years), it is difficult to find physical media in any stores...unless, of course, it is Hot! New! Now!.  I'm in Connecticut now, so other than the basic corporate crap, there really aren't any good shops here.  Even the little holes in the wall are not that great. 

As for the guy on ebay selling brand new Ninja Golf carts for 99.99 each.  What a piece of garbage!  At least he is allowing people to make offers.  Everybody here should flood his Make Offer box with 29.99 offers. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Marc Fiorillo said:

Well, when I ordered Berzerk, Mr. Run and Jump, and the 4-in-1, Amazon couldn't even be bothered to put the packages in any sort of packaging.  They put the shipping label on the game box and sent it.  A bubble envelope would have been an improvement.  It's really sad because I do like Amazon and use them constantly for media, since unless you live in say, Los Angeles (which I did for 10 years), it is difficult to find physical media in any stores...unless, of course, it is Hot! New! Now!.  I'm in Connecticut now, so other than the basic corporate crap, there really aren't any good shops here.  Even the little holes in the wall are not that great. 

As for the guy on ebay selling brand new Ninja Golf carts for 99.99 each.  What a piece of garbage!  At least he is allowing people to make offers.  Everybody here should flood his Make Offer box with 29.99 offers. 

Sorry what's this about Ninja Golf at 99.99?

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Striker667xbl said:

My Fatal Run sleeve is exactly like this too! Everything else was pristine though! 

I also have the funky not aligned correctly cardboard sleeve issue too. I wasn't gonna say, but as a couple of others have I thought I'd chime in too.

Beat this one!

IMG_20240713_145459.thumb.jpg.3ca70b2592b9070577af0eb5ed37b8b7.jpg

I am thinking of heating and re-gluing.

I had not noticed the bump under the label, it’s very slight on mine. Mostly excellent quality tbf.

EDIT:

My Ninja Golf is fine... can't comment on Food Fight... yet. :P

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 5

34 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

I also have the funky not aligned correctly cardboard sleeve issue too. I wasn't gonna say, but as a couple of others have I thought I'd chime in too.

Beat this one!

IMG_20240713_145459.thumb.jpg.3ca70b2592b9070577af0eb5ed37b8b7.jpg

I am thinking of heating and re-gluing.

I had not noticed the bump under the label, it’s very slight on mine. Mostly excellent quality tbf.

EDIT:

My Ninja Golf is fine... can't comment on Food Fight... yet. :P

I'll see your askewed box and raise you a trapezoid! 

Oh.. I have that bump too?! Didn't notice. 

20240713_103534.jpg

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MMarcoux66 said:

Atari games arrived today, and they were in pristine condition. Thank you @Ben from Plaion for making sure that the Atari orders from Atari go out boxed. You make us collectors very happy. I cannot wait until the next releases you surprise us with.

20240713_151143981_iOS.jpg

So... looks to me like both Atari and Amazon (at least in my case, not the unfortunates that got it sent in a bubble mailer) just stick them in a box with no padding. I mean... It works I guess, but they both should have at least something in there to stop them moving around. 

At least they still have Ninja Golf tho. 

Another place to buy games at retail are conventions. That's a good choice for collectors as well. I know a lot of 7800 homebrews get sold there. 

1 hour ago, MrChickenz said:

My idea for 1 player 2 player paddle controllers.

IMG_1151.jpeg

Like it, but precident set now with double red buttons on cx30+.

Tell you what I'll do is get a few dozen blue buttons made, they'll be perfect injection molded buttons from the same factory as what makes the red ones.

I'll send you a couple, be cool to see some pics of them installed in real life

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, tradyblix said:

Two can play this game. You wanna keep playing, I'll keep playing. 

I'm not sure why my relating my experience bothers you so much. If it makes you happy, I order a lot of stuff from Amazon that arrives undamaged, including my Atari 2600+. But since I'm not fortunate like you are to live in an area where Amazon will ship the Atari games in boxes, I'll order any future releases direct from Atari.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Tell you what I'll do is get a few dozen blue buttons made, they'll be perfect injection molded buttons from the same factory as what makes the red ones.

@MrChickenzI’ve been modding analogue electronics for years, I would totally do this. Brilliant!

Edited by Bitsized
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ben from Plaion said:

That would be awesome Ben! Thank You!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ben from Plaion said:

You could probably sell the blue ones. I’d buy a couple for my paddles.

2 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

I like the 2 color concept as well.  That's a good idea.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, gpn said:

I'm not sure why my relating my experience bothers you so much. If it makes you happy, I order a lot of stuff from Amazon that arrives undamaged, including my Atari 2600+. But since I'm not fortunate like you are to live in an area where Amazon will ship the Atari games in boxes, I'll order any future releases direct from Atari.

I guess we're in the same boat then !

Just like I'm not sure why me proving, by getting people to post actual pictures of their experiences in the thread for all to see, that the shipping experience of a random amazon and Atari order is pretty much functionally identical, is a problem... 

Both places toss the carts into boxes without padding, chuck it over to your local delivery driver, while only one upcharges a 5.50 per box fee for a slower shipping process....but to be fair, and to be magnanimous, it is probably the only place atm if you want a fresh copy of Ninja Golf that is less than 50 bucks. lol. 

Seems to me I achieved my objective. 

Anyway, I'm ready to move on, I'm sure several other people are.

We just got support for Omega Race ! Life's good. 

Edited by tradyblix

1 hour ago, tradyblix said:

Both places toss the carts into boxes without padding, chuck it over to your local delivery driver, while only one upcharges a 5.50 per box fee for a slower shipping process....but to be fair, and to be magnanimous, it is probably the only place atm if you want a fresh copy of Ninja Golf that is less than 50 bucks. lol. 

My take is a little different using the same facts.

Some Amazon orders (mine and others) were shipped totally unprotected. With Amazon, it will be a gamble whether you get it in a box or a plastic or paper envelope which could likely get damaged if the latter 2. So, if you want it quickly and don't care about the game box...  go Amazon. 

Atari orders will be shipped in boxes confirmed by Ben. Some have reported some movement in the shipping box but mine had very little and arrived in perfect condition. Most have gotten their game boxes in the same condition I got mine. If you are worried about the game box, I would recommend going this route. Yes, you have to pay for shipping, and it could arrive slower, but it beats the multiple returns you may have to go through if your Amazon order arrives poorly. Again, if the game box is important to you.

What ever happened to you gifting your box to someone if yours arrived undamaged...  :D?

Edited by MMarcoux66
  • Like 4