IGNORED

New(ish) 7800 Games and Accessories announced by Atari and Plaion compatible with the 2600+

Ben from Plaion

Since we love talking about boxes...

I was assembling a Game Boy and ordered these screws and some other things from Amazon.  Got them today.  In this box. They look like ants in there.

The one time the stupid white envelope would have made perfect sense 🤪

20240714_190918-Copy.thumb.jpg.428b6cb18e6f27cd678e6c0ce86869b2.jpg

Edited by Brad_from_the_80s
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

My idea for a new paddle version. A wand shape paddle Using a Rotary Encoder for superior precisionRotary encoders can provide higher resolution and finer position control due to their digital output.

So games like Breakout, the paddle could go off one side of the screen and back on from the other side.

Wrap around! 😄

IMG_1068.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2024 at 9:37 AM, Oldschool80skid said:

Yep! I just ordered me a copy after Amazon recently canceled my pre-order due to lack of availability. 

Damn!! Delivered crushed straight from Atari!!

I've reached out to their customer service email for a replacement. 

The shipping box appears to have been stepped on. 

20240717_165527.jpg

20240717_171754.jpg

Edited by Oldschool80skid
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, Oldschool80skid said:

Damn!! Delivered crushed straight from Atari!!

I've reached out to their customer service email for a replacement. 

The shipping box appears to have been stepped on. 

20240717_165527.jpg

20240717_171754.jpg

I do not think you can blame Atari for that one. That is definitely on the carrier.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2024 at 10:22 AM, Ben from Plaion said:

Noted. Who owns the IP?

Ok i say this every 5 seconds but i did not know that this notation happened... so hear me out...

If Capcom is completely off the table, i swear... i dont know them but... i feel like SNK would agree to ANY deal involving Ikari Warriors, i've seen USB Joysticks officially licensed by SNK for the game, a controller for rotary arcade emulation... stylized like ONE GAME...

Maybe they'd even let ya put leona in there... maybe they'd give you the SRC to victory road or guerilla war just off the cuff, i dont know i'm desperate ben... i'm sorry to make it your problem, but i ate too much sugary snacks right now...

Maybe also you could put the alien brigade alien in it... and bentley bear. Bentley bear going wolfenstein on Neo-Youknowwhats in Latin America... now thats Ikari!

But for real the fact that alien brigade is even being partially considered is awesome, i will let myself crash from my sugar crush... i just think it will be funny to see this message tomorrow

Thank you ben for your work.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2024 at 10:46 PM, MrChickenz said:

My idea for a new paddle version. A wand shape paddle Using a Rotary Encoder for superior precisionRotary encoders can provide higher resolution and finer position control due to their digital output.

So games like Breakout, the paddle could go off one side of the screen and back on from the other side.

Wrap around! 😄

IMG_1068.jpeg

The forbidden Wii Sceptre

• Haha 1

Oh god i hesitate to go full ironic and just

Just put a bunch of wacky text effects about rotary joysticks and ikari and frontline 7800 and time soldiers... oh god time soldiers... wait what if guerilla war, time soldiers and ikari met? Yooooo... i am about to pass out from hyperactivity...

Something like that, you all know me by now.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jeremiahjt said:

I do not think you can blame Atari for that one. That is definitely on the carrier.

Atari is the shipper/seller and arranged the shipment, so they need to file a claim with the carrier for the damaged item and replace/refund the damaged item to the buyer.

I've already contacted Atari and received confirmation that they are reviewing the issue. 

With regards to packing, the game box was loose in the shipping box with no packing material for added protection. They definitely could have added bubble wrap or some other packing material.

Edited by Oldschool80skid

2 hours ago, Oldschool80skid said:

Atari is the shipper/seller and arranged the shipment, so they need to file a claim with the carrier for the damaged item and replace/refund the damaged item to the buyer.

I've already contacted Atari and received confirmation that they are reviewing the issue. 

With regards to packing, the game box was loose in the shipping box with no packing material for added protection. They definitely could have added bubble wrap or some other packing material.

Sad that yours arrived this way. If it came USPS, you could file a claim. Make sure to take pictures and submit them as well. I had this issue with a shipment from Best Electronics that was crushed the same way as yours and USPS paid for the whole order. It was a very fast process and there should be at least $100 of insurance on the box if it arrived Ground Advantage or higher. 

Edited by MMarcoux66

8 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

Oh god i hesitate to go full ironic and just

Just put a bunch of wacky text effects about rotary joysticks and ikari and frontline 7800 and time soldiers... oh god time soldiers... wait what if guerilla war, time soldiers and ikari met? Yooooo... i am about to pass out from hyperactivity...

Something like that, you all know me by now.

You could always click Ignore User that’s what I do. It works great! 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMarcoux66 said:

Sad that yours arrived this way. If it came USPS, you could file a claim. Make sure to take pictures and submit them as well. I had this issue with a shipment from Best Electronics that was crushed the same way as yours and USPS paid for the whole order. It was a very fast process and there should be at least $100 of insurance on the box if it arrived Ground Advantage or higher. 

Atari is handling it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Yes, for certain. But I wouldnt hold your breath for those two!

Those remain relatively common and affordable as loose carts anyway.  Prices are all over the place (geez what some people think these are worth), but both can be easily had for less than $40 I think.  Even CIB isn't that bad really, for the better deals at least.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Brad_from_the_80s said:

Those remain relatively common and affordable as loose carts anyway.  Prices are all over the place (geez what some people think these are worth), but both can be easily had for less than $40 I think.  Even CIB isn't that bad really, for the better deals at least.

Donkey Kong Junior is not affordable on eBay. One of the most expensive ones. At least in Canada. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DhaemonX said:

Donkey Kong Junior is not affordable on eBay. One of the most expensive ones. At least in Canada. 

In US I see loose copies less than $30.  Depends what you consider affordable .  But regardless being a famous Nintendo property it’s an almost certain non-starter to re-issue.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DhaemonX said:

@Ben from Plaion are there anymore 2600 and 7800 re-releases coming out?

I would love Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Junior 7800 be released again. :)

Nintendo probably doesnt let their employees go to the bathroom

- Scott Wozniak

I expect a bubsy donkey kong clone or an official sonic the hedgehog licensed demake before donkey kong sadly...

2 hours ago, DhaemonX said:

Tip from me, look for auctions you might get one sealed for much less... its a common game but some dont realize it.

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2024 at 3:28 AM, Maztr_0n said:

Tip from me, look for auctions you might get one sealed for much less... its a common game but some dont realize it.

I bought a CIB copy before 2600+ came out. It was at a reasonable price.

• Like 1

The extension cable has started to die on me. The cable is thin and doesn't grip the joystick cable well. I'm having to wiggle the extension cable to get it to work. I hope the cables for the joysticks and the joy pad fare better. YMMV. I think other third party options are a better value. You can get two cables for the price of one Atari cable. I'm also going to check Best Electronics.

Edited by hizzy