IGNORED

CX78+ Gamepad, controller extention cable, Fatal Run 7800 cartridge, Food Fight 7800 cartridge, Nija Golf 7800 cartidge = now on Atari's website

PowerDubs

I see that Food Fight and Fatal Run currently show as USA exclusive, I hope that's an error, or true and just referring to purchase directly from Atari's website. All new games will be released as Amazon exclusives over here I assume, like the first batch. 

Edited by JetmanUK

4 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

I see that Food Fight and Fatal Run currently show as USA exclusive, I hope that's an error, or true and just referring to purchase directly from Atari's website. All new games will be release as Amazon exclusives over here I assume, like the first batch. 

Yes, same distribution as the launch console and games. US and Canada, Europe and Australia, and maybe some odd export territories.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Yes, same distribution as the launch console and games. US and Canada, Europe and Australia, and maybe some odd export territories.

The site says "world wide" now🤙

I expect they are NTSC?

Does Food Fight NTSC runs faster than the PAL version?

I have the 3 carts as PAL already...

6 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

I expect they are NTSC?

I was waiting for this post (not surprising it comes from you) 😁

I have both NTSC and PAL versions planned for their relevant territories.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

I expect they are NTSC?

That's a thing, @Ben from Plaion Are all carta NTSC? I hope so.

Answered as I typed the above!

I'd prefer NTSC as PAL versions are often crap. 

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

That's a thing, @Ben from Plaion Are all carta NTSC? I hope so.

Answered as I typed the above!

I'd prefer NTSC as PAL versions are often crap. 

I changed my AA order of Crystal Quest from PAL to NTSC. 

I will see how it goes with the updates but expect to play 7800 games some day only on the 2600+, so I might buy new games on AA as NTSC, even they don't work on my (PAL) 7800...

Difficult, isn't it?

How ever, many who buy a game on Amazon,  would expect it run on the original hardware...

6 minutes ago, DEANJIMMY said:

I changed my AA order of Crystal Quest from PAL to NTSC. 

I will see how it goes with the updates but expect to play 7800 games some day only on the 2600+, so I might buy new games on AA as NTSC, even they don't work on my (PAL) 7800...

Difficult, isn't it?

How ever, many who buy a game on Amazon,  would expect it run on the original hardware...

Yeah, that final line is the killer.

I basically want to only play on the 2600 Plus, so I want the best versions and region is not a concern.

Berzerk Enhaced and Mr Run and Jump were  NTSC here in the UK, I wonder if anyone on original hardware returned them to Amazon?

15 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Yeah, that final line is the killer.

I basically want to only play on the 2600 Plus, so I want the best versions and region is not a concern.

Berzerk Enhaced and Mr Run and Jump were  NTSC here in the UK, I wonder if anyone on original hardware returned them to Amazon?

Like the German coach of Liverpool said: This is not a wish concert😉

• Haha 1

I mean - I get that back in the day when CRTs were still viable/being sold, there was a major difference - but with all the flatscreen TVs now that all do multiple modes/resolutions, etc - is there really even a need for PAL anything any more?

Why would anyone want a slower format for games, that also has terrible colors, and a TV format for movies that are 1 FPS off from 24fps of film so they make everything look and sound wrong?

You are both right.

On one hand we must release games that are compatible with legacy systems. Otherwise the authenticity of games we bring to market is not pure.

But on the other many people (Like jetmanUK) want to purchase games for there 2600+ where they may prefer 60hz.

Its something that I think about a lot and I am trying to strike the right balance. In my mind US 7800 new carts must be NTSC and EU and Australia must be 50hz.

I think the answer is to ensure that everyone somehow gets the choice to buy either format, at the moment I've not got a definitive answer but I'm minded to try and facilitate the option. Please bear with me.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Spanner said:

Will these by coming on to Amazon UK then...?, Atari need a website in Europe, there HQ is in France.. :) 

Yes it will come to Amazon UK in the next couple of weeks.

We are acutely aware of the interest in Atari.coms product being demanded by prospective customers outside of the US and discussions have been had, but it isnt easy to just to switch it on.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

You are both right.

On one hand we must release games that are compatible with legacy systems. Otherwise the authenticity of games we bring to market is not pure.

But on the other many people (Like jetmanUK) want to purchase games for there 2600+ where they may prefer 60hz.

Its something that I think about a lot and I am trying to strike the right balance. In my mind US 7800 new carts must be NTSC and EU and Australia must be 50hz.

I think the answer is to ensure that everyone somehow gets the choice to buy either format, at the moment I've not got a definitive answer but I'm minded to try and facilitate the option. Please bear with me.

Would it be possible to sell both the PAL and NTSC versions on Amazon UK, selected by a dropdown?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

I mean - I get that back in the day when CRTs were still viable/being sold, there was a major difference - but with all the flatscreen TVs now that all do multiple modes/resolutions, etc - is there really even a need for PAL anything any more?

Why would anyone want a slower format for games, that also has terrible colors, and a TV format for movies that are 1 FPS off from 24fps of film so they make everything look and sound wrong?

Yes but because in the case of 7800 owners in Europe I think I'm right in saying that an NTSC 60hz cart just wont work so owners of legacy 7800 systems in EU and Australia would be left out. And thus my hands are tied it would go against the whole ethos of the project to make a NTSC 60hz 7800 cart that works perfectly on a 2600+ but not on an original PAL 7800 machine. 

The 50/60hz on old systems like the C64 got it hertz from its power brick, from the Wall Socket.

UK 240VAC 50HZ

US 110VAC 60hz
Its was for the timing in the game and how fast it run, the game Beach Head dose not load on theC64 DTV because it has no 9VAC, it only used 5V to power it and never simulated it like a emulator does.

My HD TV still uses 50z signal from the SkyQ box so PAL/NTSC is still used.

Edited by Spanner

8 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

You are both right.

Thank you Ben. I appreciate that this one is tricky.

If there ever becomes a way to purchase NTSC versions here in the UK then I will.

I suppose at the very least and worst case,  it may end up that old games being re-released are PAL 50... but new games should be PAL 60, or at least full speed and colour adjusted.

• Like 1