IGNORED

What Atari 2600/7800 game have you been playing the most today?

shane857

1 hour ago, Ripweade said:

Tonight, I'm playing a fresh purchase which was delivered today:

Coleco Front Line!

I used to play this game in the arcades when it came out and loved it.  I saw it was on the 2600, so I tried it on my PC with Stella before buying it, and for me, it's a really darn good port.  I do miss the arcade controllers, but for the 2600, I feel that Coleco did an amazing job.

Oddly, I did better on my PC with Stella (and USB Atari repro joystick by Legacy Controllers) than I did on the 2600+.  Looks like a fun night ahead of getting my groove on with this game!

As usual, another fun time thanks to Ben, Plaion, and all involved with this fantastic 2600+!  It has been well worth every penny and then some!

I just picked it up a couple of days ago. I agree it’s good, I was enjoying playing this one. I played in the arcade as well and had it for Colecovision but never for the 2600. Someone else had posted about this one thats why I bought it.

You said it all though it’s a good port for the 2600!

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

I just picked it up a couple of days ago. I agree it’s good, I was enjoying playing this one. I played in the arcade as well and had it for Colecovision but never for the 2600. Someone else had posted about this one thats why I bought it.

You said it all though it’s a good port for the 2600!

I've never played this. Have to give it a go..

• Like 3

Just now, shane857 said:

I've never played this. Have to give it a go..

I was surprised how well it plays on the 2600, I passed on this version many time thinking it couldn’t compare to the Arcade or Colecovision port. Colecovision used the Super Action Controller. My thought was how can this even play with one button, I was wrong. The 2600 version is a lot of fun, every time the game ended I found myself hitting that reset switch to try and make it farther than last game. And it has the Tanks that you can hop in! 😁

• Like 5

On 9/6/2024 at 7:28 PM, Ripweade said:

Tonight, I'm playing a fresh purchase which was delivered today:

Coleco Front Line!

I used to play this game in the arcades when it came out and loved it.  I saw it was on the 2600, so I tried it on my PC with Stella before buying it, and for me, it's a really darn good port.  I do miss the arcade controllers, but for the 2600, I feel that Coleco did an amazing job.

Oddly, I did better on my PC with Stella (and USB Atari repro joystick by Legacy Controllers) than I did on the 2600+.  Looks like a fun night ahead of getting my groove on with this game!

As usual, another fun time thanks to Ben, Plaion, and all involved with this fantastic 2600+!  It has been well worth every penny and then some!

What level have you made it to? @Ripweade

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI 2600+ TODAY? I HAVE!

COMMANDO!

I just got off the Front Line today, now I’m going in Commando Style! Lol!

I figured I give this game a go! @JetmanUK say it’s good. It’s a lot like Front Line minus the Tanks but plus Grenades. This game plays really well for the 2600! I’m sure the 7800 version is much better but I am impressed with how it plays on the 2600.

1 or 2 player game modes.

IMG_1829.jpeg

IMG_1827.jpeg

IMG_1826.jpeg

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, MrChickenz said:

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI 2600+ TODAY? I HAVE!

COMMANDO!

I just got off the Front Line today, now I’m going in Commando Style! Lol!

I figured I give this game a go! @JetmanUK say it’s good. It’s a lot like Front Line minus the Tanks but plus Grenades. This game plays really well for the 2600! I’m sure the 7800 version is much better but I am impressed with how it plays on the 2600.

1 or 2 player game modes.

IMG_1829.jpeg

IMG_1827.jpeg

IMG_1826.jpeg

That actually looks like a decent port for the 2600. If it could somehow have the C64 music it would be awesome!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, shane857 said:

That actually looks like a decent port for the 2600. If it could somehow have the C64 music it would be awesome!

I loved the Rob Hubbard C64 music on this game. I used to play this on my bro's C64 all the time... when he was out. 🤣 Eventually it became my C64 and I played both Spectrum and C64. 

Loved the SID chip sound effects and music, but always prefered my Spectrum overall. 

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

I loved the Rob Hubbard C64 music on this game. I used to play this on my bro's C64 all the time... when he was out. 🤣 Eventually it became my C64 and I played both Spectrum and C64. 

Loved the SID chip sound effects and music, but always prefered my Spectrum overall. 

I owned a 48k Spectrum back in the day and my brother had a C64. Loved playing commando, Last Ninja, Batman, green beret and Head over heels on it because it had more colour. He put a lock on the door which I broke into and replaced to play these games.

They looked better thou maybe not play better than the ZX Spectrum. Gameplay is what matters with any platform/console in my opinion..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Between playing Front Line and Commando my troops are pinned down! I have to call in Air Support!

TIME PILOT! HERE COME THE FLYBOYS!

IMG_1856.jpeg

IMG_1848.jpeg

IMG_1847.gif

IMG_1849.webp

IMG_1850.jpeg

IMG_1857.jpeg

IMG_1851.jpeg

IMG_1852.jpeg

IMG_1859.png

IMG_1853.jpeg

Time Pilot is one of my all time favorite games. Here's a picture of my my 2600 cart and his big brother.

Funny thing is, when I have people over, almost everyone says "Oh, I don't remember this game".

PXL_20240226_032032718.jpg

Edited by Alex_813
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Alex_813 said:

Time Pilot is one of my all time favorite games. Here's a picture of my my 2600 cart and his big brother.

Funny thing is, when I have people over, almost everyone says "Oh, I don't remember this game".

Time Pilot coin-op is a favorite of mine and my older son. We’ve played the coin-op several times over the last few years.
Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Alex_813 said:

I always enjoyed both Time Pilot and Time Pilot 84 in the arcades.  For me, what added to the fun is that both games were difficult without being too difficult.  I could plop in a quarter and I didn't die too quickly.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Alex_813 said:

Yeh, I remember playing that in my local arcade. Always used to be next to Zaxxon and Congo Bongo..

• Like 3

7 hours ago, shane857 said:

Yeh, I remember playing that in my local arcade. Always used to be next to Zaxxon and Congo Bongo..

Yeah, I remember dumping tokens into Time Pilot 40+ years ago also at the arcade. I think I also played it on the Colecovision also.

• Like 5

I remember Time Pilot in the arcades, of course, but mainly remember seeing it in the ColecoVision kiosk at Montgomery Wards,  which was one of two stores that sold video games and was within walking distance of my house.  It was a brand new game, and me and 2 friends were up looking at it.  We knew it was fun in small doses,  but weren't sure if we were gonna buy it.  After waiting for some other kids to finish playing it,  I finally got my turn.  I played about 30 seconds when this asshole suit & tie guy from behind the counter pulled the plug,  causing the screen just to instantly go black.  Then he said,  "This isn't an arcade guys!"   We left and never bought anything video game related at Wards ever again.  My friend bought Time Pilot at another store and I bought something else,  but I know I borrowed Time Pilot at some point...

FWIW,  I still need to play it on 2600 :)

• Like 5

Today I played one of my favorite Atari 2600 games - Moon Patrol. This is also the version of Moon Patrol for me.

IMG_3379.thumb.jpeg.493809d8192e2e00686f9a446ff6e048.jpeg

The gameplay is challenging, but in a “one-more time” way - absolutely fantastic. The graphics are top notch with a parallax effect and excellent sprites.

I played it on C64, Amiga, but still this is my favorite - mostly due to gameplay. 
I am buffled why this game is not in the top ten of Atari 2600 games. 

• Like 5