IGNORED

What Atari 2600/7800 game have you been playing the most today?

shane857

23 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

2 x factory test cartridges 

4 x 2600 multi game compilations

2 x 2600 unreleased games

8 x 7800 homebrews (PAL and NTSC versions)

Multicarts!!!!!

also i wonder if one of the games is Street Fight... probably not but if it is, please confirm if it has anything to do with Fighting Street/SF1

12 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

River Raid is an excellent shooter. Keep at it. It won't take long for you to reach the 15k necessary for the patch. I also have River Raid II and a custom made patch. Activision never made a patch for RRII. I think its a pretty good game, but you'll need to RTFM inorder to land your aircraft on the carrier. Having said that, its quite the departure from River Raid, so I understand how it may not appeal to some.

Btw, I prefer River Raid with difficulty swithes to set to "A" as well.

IMG_5586.jpg

IMG_5587.jpg

IMG_5588.jpg

IMG_5590.jpg

IMG_5591.jpg

I've been paying the sequel a lot recently, trying to get into it more. Although t's just not a patch (no pun intended) on the frist game, it's still pretty fun. I don't envy the task that the dev had with RR II, how could it ever live up to the first game? But still, it's worth playing and I recently bought the cart too.

Other thoughts... I think the landing is super easy when you actually know how to do it, and it doesn't add any fun, so it's kinda meh. It's a shame that the play area is so small. Oh and I hate the guided shots mode in it.

River raid II sounds interesting, but i think it'd be cooler if there was a River Raid 0 where it starts in a huge stage full of fun shooting surprises, but then once you reach the end at world 9 level 9, you find out... you've made it to river raid 1!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Maztr_0n said:

River raid II sounds interesting, but i think it'd be cooler if there was a River Raid 0 where it starts in a huge stage full of fun shooting surprises, but then once you reach the end at world 9 level 9, you find out... you've made it to river raid 1!

River Raid Zero: Get to the Jet!

Blast the enemy soldiers on foot in an Ikari Warriors style game through riverside levels until you reach your jet fighter. Then blow up a bridge where the enemy super tank is parked. Be warned he will blow you out of the sky!

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JetmanUK said:

River Raid Zero: Get to the Jet!

Blast the enemy soldiers on foot in an Ikari Warriors style game through riverside levels until you reach your jet fighter. Then blow up a bridge where the eneny super tank is parked. Be warned he will blow you out of the sky!

I'm sold!

Or its Freeway where you're trying to get to the air base on foot because the jeep broke down, but you still gotta raid the rivers...

25 minutes ago, Maztr_0n said:

Multicarts!!!!!

also i wonder if one of the games is Street Fight... probably not but if it is, please confirm if it has anything to do with Fighting Street/SF1

These carts are games I've been testing this week, some will make it into the next batch of releases, some wont.

Street Fight as in a clone of the legendary Capcom fighting game series?

• Like 3

Just now, Ben from Plaion said:

These carts are games I've been testing this week, some will make it into the next batch of releases, some wont.

Street Fight as in a clone of the legendary Capcom fighting game series?

Street Fight is a game advertised by Atari between 1989-1991, its assumed to just be double dragon but it could be something else like that?

There was another game, white water madness, those two games are vaporware and they sound oddly interesting enough to wonder what they were

But lets say maybe...

12 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Sweet! Happy Birthday Howard! I have all of his 2600 games. I've had the opportunity to meet him several times over the years and he's always been a true gentleman. I still need him to sign my ET CIB, otherwise, he has signed all of my other stuff.

IMG_5605.jpg

IMG_5606.jpg

IMG_5607.jpg

IMG_5608.jpg

HSW.jpg

That’s awesome! I would liked to have been there when they pulled those Atari games from the landfill. I Would have liked to get a copy of ET and have Howard sign it then. 

It’s nice you were able to meet some of these game developers and get their autographs. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

I like that. Cool idea

2 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

That’s awesome! I would liked to have been there when they pulled those Atari games from the landfill. I Would have liked to get a copy of ET and have Howard sign it then. 

It’s nice you were able to meet some of these game developers and get their autographs. 

At last years PRGE I met Tod Frye. He signed my Atari and Sears copies of Pac-Man and then we just talked games for a while.

image000001.jpeg

image000000.jpeg

Edited by sramirez2008
Spelling
  • Like 6

On 7/30/2024 at 11:12 AM, Alex_813 said:

I played Solar Fox for a couple of hours yesterday. Really fun game. Only got to Level 9 or maybe 10. Will have to try and get better.

It's a good game.  There is an easy mode where the enemies don't attack as much.  It's game mode 3 and 4.

https://atariage.com/manual_html_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=448

• Like 2

19 hours ago, bigfriendly said:

Oh come on guys! On 2600 shooters you have to go with the guided missiles. I love the guided cannon fire on both River Raid and Demon Attack. Whenever I see a late release like River Raid II which came out in 1988 I'm always puzzled by that. In 1988 the NES was in command of the home console market and the 2600 was such an afterthought at that point. There are other 2600 games that came out that late and I always wonder did they actually sell that many of them? In 1988 Atari stuff was being peddled at yard sales for next to nothing.

Another late release on the 2600 was Radar Lock from 1989.

• Like 4

Played Tower Toppler 7800 for the first time earlier...

One game where you definitely need to read the manual. You have to set both difficulty switches to A position

Otherwise when you start a game it just goes through showing you all levels. At first I thought the game was broken on the 2600+

An underrated platformer for the 7800, in my opinion. Initially the controls and instant death put you off

I played for an hour and got used to the controls. You 'have' to be pixel perfect and try to memorise each tower

Some enemies can be destroyed by shooting and others you have to avoid.

A good 7800 game and one I'm gonna play again, just to try and get further.

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

• Like 4

1 minute ago, shane857 said:

One game where you definitely need to read the manual. You have to set both difficulty switches to A position

Otherwise when you start a game it just goes through showing you all levels. At first I thought the game was broken on the 2600+

An underrated platformer for the 7800, in my opinion. Initially the controls and instant death put you off

I played for an hour and got used to the controls. You 'have' to be pixel perfect and try to memorise each tower

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

Wow! This game looks impressive! 

5 minutes ago, shane857 said:

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

Did you use the new stick too? Mine hasn't arrived yet. 

28 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Did you use the new stick too? Mine hasn't arrived yet. 

Yeh, the pro-line. I use this joystick for all games I'm testing at the mo. I honestly don't understand why it's so unpopular

Much more comfortable to use than the CX40 and 78, in my opinion...

35 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

Wow! This game looks impressive! 

Great graphics and... was gonna say shit controls but that's unfair. You really have to give the game time, and get accustomed to the controls and really be pixel perfect.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Great graphics and... was gonna say shit controls but that's unfair. You really have to give the game time, and get accustomed to the controls and really be pixel perfect.

That audio though. 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

That audio though. 😬

The tune isn't too bad. If it was playing continually through the game, it would be too much! Good there is an option to turn sound off

In game sounds are ok thou.

• Like 1