IGNORED

What Atari 2600/7800 game have you been playing the most today?

shane857

6 minutes ago, Kuff Dam said:

I've got Tower Toppler but haven't played it yet. I'll have a pop at it with the Proline joystick as Shane suggested. Hewson made some great games for the ZX Spectrum years ago.

Yes they did. I'd love Uridium 7800, that would be nice. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kuff Dam said:

Just spent an enjoyable hour playing Spider Fighter. I never played this one back in the day, it's relentless 😁

20240731_212727.jpg

This is another one! Straight missiles or guided? I prefer straight missiles.

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

Street Fight is a game advertised by Atari between 1989-1991, its assumed to just be double dragon but it could be something else like that?

There was another game, white water madness, those two games are vaporware and they sound oddly interesting enough to wonder what they were (as games)

i say this because stuff like Save Mary was really unique and that was made around the time of Street Fight and White Water Madness, i wonder what exactly those were, or even if modern atari knows what they were, or if evidence of their existence is gone?

2 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

Also i really hope if Atari could do so, please right the wrongs of the past and redo Karateka for the 7800, i think we can all agree thats something worth asking.

Yeh. Not many fighters on the 7800. I really want to like Fight Night. The cartoon graphics are good and the sound is ok.

Not much strategy to the game thou, you just button bash and hope to knock out your opponent.

• Like 1

Played Mr. Run and Die earlier...

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game just tough as nails. Another game where you 'have' to be pixel perfect

Swapped the pro-line joystick for the CX78 because my hands were sweating so much in this weather

I need to play this one more.

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

I played Scramble today. What a fun game it is. Its difficulty is set just right so you want to play more. IMG_3185.thumb.jpeg.d708a14aa1aa1b7f47ceaa29ab701724.jpegI scored reasonably well taking my age. I am not sure if 2600+ has any possibility to store the high scores in its memory, but this would be really cool. 
IMG_3186.thumb.jpeg.65436b1d4d4fd53133c43d34a3cfa2b0.jpeg

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Played Mr. Run and Die earlier...

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game just tough as nails. Another game where you 'have' to be pixel perfect

Swapped the pro-line joystick for the CX78 because my hands were sweating so much in this weather

I need to play this one more.

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

Mr Run and Die! 🤣🤣🤣

That's it, that's it's name now, that's it's name now. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, MarcinJ said:

I played Scramble today. What a fun game it is. Its difficulty is set just right so you want to play more. IMG_3185.thumb.jpeg.d708a14aa1aa1b7f47ceaa29ab701724.jpegI scored reasonably well taking my age. I am not sure if 2600+ has any possibility to store the high scores in its memory, but this would be really cool. 

My favourite Arcade game back in the day...

I remember my parents taking me and my brother swimming at the local sports centre

After, we would hit the Arcade machines.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, shane857 said:

Yeh. Not many fighters on the 7800. I really want to like Fight Night. The cartoon graphics are good and the sound is ok.

Not much strategy to the game thou, you just button bash and hope to knock out your opponent.

yeah, i mean Karateka was like cinematic and all that, i think the 7800 comercials always touted the "smooth animation" the console could do, Karateka was perfect to be that showcase, shame it wasnt. But its the future! We could, we should and theres dinosaurs involved since akuma has a bird.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2024 at 2:33 PM, shane857 said:

Tried 'Impossible' Mission 7800 again today...

I have never completed this game, and probably never will. The puzzles are just to complex. Rotating/correct colour etc

Always come back to this game thou because of the platforming and sense of exploration

You could literally play this game over and over, because each new game has a different map and puzzle pieces are placed randomly

I usually just reset the console thou after the initial Game Over.

If you do this, the game will restart with the exact map and puzzle pieces will be in the same place.

Would be cool if Atari re-released this game enhanced with speech.

DSC_0086.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0065.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

You can't complete impossible mission anyway right ? Because it has a bug? That's why people made possible mission ?

2 hours ago, JetmanUK said:

Mr Run and Die! 🤣🤣🤣

That's it, that's it's name now, that's it's name now. 🤣

Celeste but thumb instead of girl
Meatboy but more approachable than a slab of meat.... or a depressingly sad dried up block of tofu... iykyk

8 minutes ago, tradyblix said:

You can't complete impossible mission anyway right ? Because it has a bug? That's why people made possible mission ?

The PAL version was actually officially fixed by Atari back in the 80's because of the bug, its just the NTSC versions that are impossible, hence possible mission is iirc just an NTSC game.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tradyblix said:

The PAL version is bugfixed so apparently completable. I never have thou..

I played several rounds of Q*bert with the Pro Line controller. It was responding really well. Also put in a few rounds of No Escape. Really like that one. Never played it much since I've had it.

Oh, and a few races on Track 3 in Pole Position II 7800. Haven't been able to complete a full race yet.

Edited by Alex_813
  • Like 2

A Friday night...  "fun" week of work...  time to relax and enjoy, so...

Yes, I'm playing Atari today!  Again!

Tonight's choice is Galaxian.  I find this to be an absolute fantastic port!  I don't like the yellow border but am pretty good at ignoring it.  Absolutely a fun shooter!

I know I'm in the minority when I say that even in the arcade, I preferred this to Galaga.  Don't get me wrong, Galaga is a great game, but I always thought Galaxian was better.  Maybe it's the history since it came out in 1979 and was the first full color game, but I also prefer the gameplay.  I think the strategy of only firing one shot at a time until it hits a target or leaves the screen made it more enjoyable and challenging.

I do swear, though, that since I bought my 2600+ in April, I haven't played Atari as much in 25 years!  Well done!

• Like 2

Today we had family over and played two fantastic homebrews.

Stay Frosty 2 was an instant highlight- everyone loved the game for its unique twist on platformer game. 
The highlight of the day was Medieval Mayhem- as we had four paddles and four people to play. This was incredibly fun and a lot of laughs during the gameplay.

Both could be issued as official Atari games. 
IMG_3191.thumb.jpeg.3720867ccd1b412178e60766e7a8a9ac.jpeg

Edited by MarcinJ
  • Like 6

On 8/1/2024 at 3:55 PM, MarcinJ said:

Champ Games is so bad ass. If I wasn't in the poor house I'd love to have their entire collection boxed on a shelf.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MarcinJ said:

Today we had family over and played two fantastic homebrews.

Stay Frosty 2 was an instant highlight- everyone loved the game for its unique twist on platformer game. 
The highlight of the day was Medieval Mayhem- as we had four paddles and four people to play. This was incredibly fun and a lot of laughs during the gameplay.

Both could be issued as official Atari games. 
IMG_3191.thumb.jpeg.3720867ccd1b412178e60766e7a8a9ac.jpeg

I bet that was fun with four players at once and that TV picture looks great. Were you playing with 2600+?

Edited by bigfriendly
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Ripweade said:

A Friday night...  "fun" week of work...  time to relax and enjoy, so...

Yes, I'm playing Atari today!  Again!

Tonight's choice is Galaxian.  I find this to be an absolute fantastic port!  I don't like the yellow border but am pretty good at ignoring it.  Absolutely a fun shooter!

I know I'm in the minority when I say that even in the arcade, I preferred this to Galaga.  Don't get me wrong, Galaga is a great game, but I always thought Galaxian was better.  Maybe it's the history since it came out in 1979 and was the first full color game, but I also prefer the gameplay.  I think the strategy of only firing one shot at a time until it hits a target or leaves the screen made it more enjoyable and challenging.

I do swear, though, that since I bought my 2600+ in April, I haven't played Atari as much in 25 years!  Well done!

Not to say I don't also love Galaga,  but I usually prefer Galaxian too!  I seem to remember it fondly in those old arcade days,  so maybe that clouds my judgement!

I have and like the Galaxian cart as well, and although I haven't looked in a long time,  I seem to recall that there were numerous hacks (good for a Harmony Cart) of Galaxian,  some of which take away the border...

• Like 2