IGNORED

What Atari 2600/7800 game have you been playing the most today?

shane857

1 hour ago, tradyblix said:

Would you, with all the nutty posters on here? I do kinda wonder what's going on in these guys lives. I mean, they're really old at this point, so probably, you know, the last thing they want to do is get on the internet.

I am! And So are You! 😆🤣😁 It’s because of these guys that we’re on here!😆🤣😁  I’ll tell you what’s going in their lives, they are getting on all these forums checking people’s High Scores!😆🤣😁 After the big game crash there was nothing for them to do! 😆🤣😁

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MrChickenz said:

I am! And So are You! 😆🤣😁 It’s because of these guys that we’re on here!😆🤣😁  I’ll tell you what’s going in their lives, they are getting on all these forums checking people’s High Scores!😆🤣😁 After the big game crash there was nothing for them to do! 😆🤣😁

Yeah but I'm not as old as David Crane, I was a kid playing his games when he was a young man. It's big generational difference. I guess there proof is in the pudding. He's not on here! We gotta settle for a mardy Stella maintainer ! lol 

Edited by tradyblix
  • Haha 1

I played this damn thing for almost two hours. I wanted to try to get a 100K but it just to damn hard! I finally had to stop because my wrist was starting to ache from playing. Anyway 68K is the best I could do on Solar Fox. Incredibly addictive game that really pisses you off but in a good way. 

Solar Fox 68K.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bigfriendly said:

I played this damn thing for almost two hours. I wanted to try to get a 100K but it just to damn hard! I finally had to stop because my wrist was starting to ache from playing. Anyway 68K is the best I could do on Solar Fox. Incredibly addictive game that really pisses you off but in a good way. 

Solar Fox 68K.jpg

Great score! Now get back in there and use your other wrist! 😄

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tradyblix said:

Yeah but I'm not as old as David Crane, I was a kid playing his games when he was a young man. It's big generational difference. I guess there proof is in the pudding. He's not on here! We gotta settle for a mardy Stella maintainer ! lol 

FYI he is on here!

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/368761-2600-other-capabilities/?do=findComment&comment=5517071

17 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

This is a good game! It’s just a matter of rhythm, you actually start to get the feel of it. Let me know how you do!

TERRIBLE! 🤣🤣🤣

It's pretty fun, but it's most definitely going to take a lot of practice to get the hang of it. Granted, I was only playing it for about forty minutes or so, but the lowest score I got was 11 something. I ended up having to switch over to a CX40+ too, as I thought I was going to end up breaking the joystick that came with my AFB12G, which feels pretty cheaply made. I'm going to play it more this evening to see if I can get a better hang of it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bigfriendly said:

Solar Fox 68K.jpg

Well done. I am around the same score playing this week.

Last night was Q*Bert time. I need a lot more practice there.

20240816_231600.jpg

Edited by Alex_813
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Alex_813 said:

20240816_231600.jpg

Love Q Bert! I didn’t think the 2600 version was any good. But since I acquired my 2600+ I’ve been playing it and I might add it plays very well on the 2600+

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

Love Q Bert!

I like the thought of QBert, but whenever I play I end up pressing the wrong way at some point and jumping off the play area. 🤦🏻😬💁🏻 I just can't seem to get how it works, it won't stick in my brain. I know there's the turn the joystick diagonally method, but nah. I'll keep trying. 

Does anyone here own QBerts Qubes? Do you like?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JetmanUK said:

I like the thought of QBert, but whenever I play I end up pressing the wrong way at some point and jumping off the play area. 🤦🏻😬💁🏻 I just can't seem to get how it works, it won't stick in my brain. I know there's the turn the joystick diagonally method, but nah. I'll keep trying. 

Does anyone here own QBerts Qubes? Do you like?

I use the ProLine controller and hold it slightly turned in my left hand. It works very well, IMO.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Alex_813 said:

20240816_231600.jpg

I actually love the original 2600 version. Try using a Pro-line controller in good working condition holding it diagonally.

Works for me!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alex_813 said:

I use the ProLine controller and hold it slightly turned in my left hand. It works very well, IMO.

Another Pro-line user! These controllers are not as bad as people say. If it's in perfect working condition. 💪🏻😂

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, shane857 said:

Another Pro-line user! These controllers are not as bad as people say. If it's in perfect working condition. 💪🏻😂

Speaking of that i got 5 games in, but part of me wants to wait til my Pro-Line comes in... could be around Monday?

4 hours ago, MarcinJ said:

Wow, it’s quite expensive cart. 

Oh no, unfortunately I don't own it. But yeah loose carts are running for around $100 bucks on eBay. Another great thing about Boing is you don't have to worry jumping off the play field like you do on Q-Bert.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shane857 said:

Give us your honest opinion after trying it out.

i will def...

i hope i could someday also get like some of my peers in age's thoughts, i mean those whom grew up with the 360 controller, its gotta be such a radical change.

• Like 1