IGNORED

Cubos: A game written when I was age 12.

nanochess

Hi all.

I saved another game from my old archives and again reverse-engineered it to make it work on MSX and Colecovision.

This one is Cubos written in 1991, a Q*bert-alike, it was way out of my league for my age, but I made something resembling it.

Enjoy it!

Full article: https://nanochess.org/cubos.html

cubos.zip

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

WOW !!!

Are you sure it wasn't your present day self going back in time and handing your 12 year old self the game you made in this time period? Because it's quite amazing for only being 12 years old :o

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mytek said:

WOW !!!

Are you sure it wasn't your present day self going back in time and handing your 12 year old self the game you made in this time period? Because it's quite amazing for only being 12 years old :o

At this point of time I can build a Q*Bert clone with all the bells and whistles.

But at age 12 I barely understood the mechanics of movement/interaction so that's the cause of the turn-based system (I would have needed an state machine, way beyond my knowledge) and the lack of frontier detection. I compensated with extra graphics to make it look nice.

At least I corrected the frontier detection (33 years late) 😅

• Like 2