IGNORED

Will Atari bust you down for selling stuff with their name and logo?

bigfriendly

On 2/23/2024 at 8:13 AM, jhd said:

I wonder what the official response would be to an (unauthorized) Atari tattoo, ideally somewhere prominent?

There are about a million things I would never tattoo on my body.  At the top of that list is some corporate logo.

I remember like 20 years ago some guy got a Tempest tattoo. He got some of the cabinet artwork tattooed on him.  OK, nobody but a huge fan of Tempest will ever put 2 and 2 together. But the Atari logo?  It just screams "I'M A DOUCHE!!!!"

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If I would release something Atari related, like a new case or motherboards or at kind of "Atari 2600 DevEvolution" etc. I would keep the name Atari out of it. I would use the name "Commotari". I think people would get it. And I would not be angry if they would place an Atari - sticker on something like that.
I don't want to get in legal troubles. especially when contributing to the community. if you sell something 2nd hand that has an atari sticker on it, i guess that would not be a problem at all. however selling a new product with an Atari logo on it, is too risky.
You know, greed and stuff.
Especially as an engineer, the management of a big company usually does not give a fuck about you, which is a shame. management think that everything is their baby, because they paid for it, engineers are thinking it is their baby because they engineered it 🙂 🙂 🙂 ......
Some engineers are very well known, Bob Yannes, the founder of the SID-chip. or Jay Miner, who made the TIA chip and much more (amiga chipset,....). but many of the engineers are not known.
Who was the designer of the Atari 2600 case with the 6 switches? I don't know. Maybe someone knows. I think it is still the most beautiful gaming console in history.
As an engineer myself, I am of course more on the side of the engineers 🙂  🙂  🙂  .

Someone has to manage the name Atari, someone has to own it. If someone makes a profit by using the name, they should pay a fee. If someone sells shit by misusing the name, it should be possible to sue them.

On 2/28/2024 at 8:10 AM, BIGHMW said:

Would Atari shut down my YouTube channel The Atari Report if I ever decided to bring it back and recommence filming episodes of all of the various series I had planned on doing if I did bring it back???

I mean how the F*** far will this “copyright” bullshit go having read your comments???

They could if they wanted to, especially if they felt you were making it look like you worked with/for them.  Since it’s not monetized I’d guess they’d leave it alone unless you starting talking about crazy nonsense and it hit back to them.

Why are you putting copyright in quotes, like it doesn’t exist? It’s the law, it’s a real thing… it’s awesome when people “pay tribute” by stealing assets. I once had someone rip my album and sell it for half price AT VENUES I WAS PLAYING AT.  I did a cylinder phonograph record (through Vulcan Recordings) and a Youtuber reviews it and sold a bootleg copy of it. When I asked him to take it down, he wanted to discuss “exposure”. Here’s an idea… don’t make money off other people’s work or property.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/28/2024 at 11:10 AM, BIGHMW said:

Would Atari shut down my YouTube channel The Atari Report if I ever decided to bring it back and recommence filming episodes of all of the various series I had planned on doing if I did bring it back???

I mean how the F*** far will this “copyright” bullshit go having read your comments???

Next to nobody watched that non-sense report anyhow so you have no worry about a copyright strike. The content you made isn't relevant and nobody is gonna ever pay for it so Atari isn't out anything.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Next to nobody watched that non-sense report anyhow so you have no worry about a copyright strike. The content you made isn't relevant and nobody is gonna ever pay for it so Atari isn't out anything.

Oh I DO plan on bringing it back and with more content than ever before including brand new graphics packages and exciting new programming like "Atari Today" and "Atari 2600 - Old School/Nu Skool" and much more, it's just a matter of getting a hold of a new camcorder and I even have a brand new setup similar to that of my old "Atari 5200 SuperReport" on my Ray Jackson YouTube channel.

AtariTodayLogo-FINALVersionc1.png.42c083fb99e8300b7c2762fbfcea07d8.png TheAtariReport-AllNew5200EditionLogoc.png.5454bba50d537edd7f0934b74720dc12.png 

OldSchoolNuSkool-FinalThumbnailWallpaper-FINALa.jpg.d0ddf41edd1ccae180d366303ce6c148.jpg Atari5200SuperReportLogo-NEWTitleWallpaper.jpg.c0f86e44aa70e5caba083f048d437b62.jpg

I had all my ebay auctions taken down because I had mentioned "Atari" in the title or in the description.

"This patch was made to celebrate Activision and Atari". BAM! Taken down!  Once I removed "Atari", the auction was reinstated.

I guess I can't mention "Atari" at all. Strange.

7 minutes ago, Machine said:

I had all my ebay auctions taken down because I had mentioned "Atari" in the title or in the description.

"This patch was made to celebrate Activision and Atari". BAM! Taken down!  Once I removed "Atari", the auction was reinstated.

I guess I can't mention "Atari" at all. Strange.

Nice try bro, there's about 120,000 items clearly mentioning "Atari" in them in some way, shape or form, so no dice.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hey I'm coming up with these ideas in which were mostly inspired by the works of my favorite political commentator on YouTube, the great Brian Tyler Cohen.

Brian Tyler Cohen, has several segments and series on his YouTube channel, in which has over 2.6 million subscribers including all 3 of my YouTube channels, including:

The Legal Breakdown (with former federal prosecutor and current MSNBC contributor Glenn Kirschner)

Democracy Watch (with attorney Marc Elias)

Inside The Right (with Bullwurk Media host Tim Miller)

Class (with US Representative Jamie Raskin [D - Maryland])

No Lie With Brian Tyler Cohen (BTC's very own podcast, available both on YouTube and on where ever you get your podcasts)

BTC x MSNBC (his collaborations with MSNBC produced for YouTube)

....and so much more!!!

Maybe I can get at least 2500 subscribers at this point so what do I have to lose???

1 hour ago, BIGHMW said:

Hey I'm coming up with these ideas in which were mostly inspired by the works of my favorite political commentator on YouTube, the great Brian Tyler Cohen.

Brian Tyler Cohen, has several segments and series on his YouTube channel, in which has over 2.6 million subscribers including all 3 of my YouTube channels, including:

The Legal Breakdown (with former federal prosecutor and current MSNBC contributor Glenn Kirschner)

Democracy Watch (with attorney Marc Elias)

Inside The Right (with Bullwurk Media host Tim Miller)

Class (with US Representative Jamie Raskin [D - Maryland])

No Lie With Brian Tyler Cohen (BTC's very own podcast, available both on YouTube and on where ever you get your podcasts)

BTC x MSNBC (his collaborations with MSNBC produced for YouTube)

....and so much more!!!

Maybe I can get at least 2500 subscribers at this point so what do I have to lose???

Oh Christ not again…

image.jpeg.20e901cabe0505e18ad955a0e54e9729.jpeg

Edited by jerseystyle
  • Haha 1