IGNORED

Nintellivision (NINTY-DS) Official Release and Discussion Thread

4 hours ago, vtadave said:

My son gave me his old 3DS XL so hopefully I can get this up and running this weekend.  Thanks for all the help.

You probably know this, but since it's a 3DS XL and not a 3DSi XL, rather than using the DSi Guide, you'll want to review and follow the instructions on the 3DS Hacks Guide page. It took a bit of reading and re-reading for me, but I eventually got it working and I'm very happy with the results. If you get stuck, my best advice is to keep trying and think more and keep trying more. If I can help, let me know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sfish said:

You probably know this, but since it's a 3DS XL and not a 3DSi XL, rather than using the DSi Guide, you'll want to review and follow the instructions on the 3DS Hacks Guide page. It took a bit of reading and re-reading for me, but I eventually got it working and I'm very happy with the results. If you get stuck, my best advice is to keep trying and think more and keep trying more. If I can help, let me know. 

Actually I didn't know that.  According to my other son, there is a DSI XL somewhere in the house, so going to search for that this weekend. haha.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vtadave said:

Which of the 3 exploits did you all use when soft modding the DSI XL?  Confusing which is best.

I have several DSi XLs and I’ve found the Camera Exploit to be the easiest to get Twilight Menu++ running. I’ve also installed the Unlaunch custom firmware on a couple units which has worked really well and gives you a bit more customization and control. 

See my draft guide here: https://github.com/wavemotion-dave/ds-emu-setup

One issue i'm having is that the custom overlays aren't coming up.  I believe they have to be in the same directory as the ROMS and named the same as the ROM.  See Demon Attack for example:

IMG_7474.PNG

WOW IT WORKS!!!!

Channeling my best Marty McFly... You bet your ass it works :)

Your naming looks fine.  Check global config settings. There are three possibilities for where you can put overlays and I never remember what the default directory is. Might be a subdirectory called ‘ovl’ (select Config from the main menu and press SELECT several times until the global settings for various directories is shown)

1 hour ago, wavemotion said:

Your naming looks fine.  Check global config settings. There are three possibilities for where you can put overlays and I never remember what the default directory is. Might be a subdirectory called ‘ovl’ (select Config from the main menu and press SELECT several times until the global settings for various directories is shown)

That was it. Really appreciate the quick responses. I may have to nominate you for a Nobel Prize if you ever do a c64 or Tandy CoCo computer emulator, but this will work.  🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wavemotion said:

It's ovl

I don't have them with the INTV ROM's but I have that separate folder where the INTV ROM's folder is along with the sav folder.  

Edited by Crash7