IGNORED

Phoenix - POC

Trebor

7 hours ago, TwentySixHundred said:

My Phoenix tabletop that we have had since a teenager. Love the game

20240314_165213.thumb.jpg.a635136237af1226336bb2f05f8b7268.jpg

Sweet! I’ve come across a lot of cocktail coin-ops, but don’t remember playing a Phoenix cocktail. Loving it.👍

• Thanks 1

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Phoenix on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch! Hope you can join us!

Games:

• Like 9

14 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

Sweet! I’ve come across a lot of cocktail coin-ops, but don’t remember playing a Phoenix cocktail. Loving it.👍

Thanks, yeah it lived most it's life at a take-away (fish&chips) shop down the road from where i grew up. In 1997 they were changing business owners and the old owners were selling it off along with a pinball machine they had. As we used to sit and play while waiting for our food my father decided to buy it. $60 wasn't exactly cheap in 97 although in hindsight it was a bargain. As far as i know from what my father said is, they would sell old PCBs and replace with a new game every few years or so. I am guessing there was a business that did the swap for these shops that had cocktails. Not sure how many are still kicking around as i very rarely see them these days.

Told my father if he was ever going to get rid of it to let me know. So about 6 years ago he came around my house with it on a trailer 😃

• Like 3

17 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

We’re on a brief vacation this week and went to a local arcade near the Space Center. My wife and I played several games, here are a few.

IMG_4147.jpeg

IMG_4148.jpeg

IMG_4165.jpeg

IMG_4166.jpeg

IMG_4164.jpeg

IMG_4163.jpeg

IMG_4162.jpeg

IMG_4161.jpeg

IMG_4160.jpeg

Love the UV lighting on the cabinets! Looks like you had a fun vacation. Wish there was something like this around the Pittsburgh area 👍.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GaryH917 said:

Love the UV lighting on the cabinets! Looks like you had a fun vacation. Wish there was something like this around the Pittsburgh area 👍.

Yeah, it’s a cool atmosphere. This arcade has two locations. The one near NASA is actually a bit further than the other one, but both have over 100 games (pinball and coin-ops). I played a few games of Phoenix. I’m rusty, my best score was just over 25k.

• Like 1

That Lock 'N Chase is beautiful...I love its marquee.  One of my favorite arcade games that I've never actually played in an arcade...I just have to enjoy it at home:

YdizgD.jpg

...c'est la vie!  I also saw a Bubbles machine in your pics...that's a wickedly hard game.  

• Like 2

That version of Phoenix is incredible and ranks right up there with some of Bob Decrecenzo’s @PacManPlus finest work, I’m surprised he didn’t come up with it first but better now than never, quite impressive!!!

I hope he actually follows through and finishes it, unlike Paul Lay @playsoft who in 2020 worked on (the ROM to that still unfinished proof of work is still up on AA) a 5200 (and an A8) version of Galaga only not to deliver in the long run, it was an incredible port in which also, like the current port of this classic, still unfinished, and hopefully Paul will read this post and maybe get back on it and maybe be inspired to put out a 5200/A8 Phoenix as well being inspired by this new 7800 port.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, RevEng said:

It's not going to be a fast burn like that. I have other commitments, like the 7800basic, 2600+, etc.

Can't you just hit the "Make Game" button?

• Like 1
  • Haha 10