IGNORED

Where is the official PS2 thread?

I can't find it anywhere on this site, not on the classic console thread or the modern gaming thread, there's no way Albert actually forgot to make an official thread dedicated to the best selling gaming system of all time right?

Edited by JPF997

To be fair, even though I consider PS2's generation retro (and PS3's generation as well) according to the arbitrary rules of my retrogaming website, many retrogamers tend to consider that retrogaming 'stops' with the Dreamcast (included), and especially the older ones you'll find here.

6 hours ago, zzip said:

only 20th century consoles can be considered retro? :) 

Once again, that's not my opinion, but it seems a lot of people think that way. Maybe because indeed, they still fill that everything that happened this century is "recent" (even though almost a quarter of century has already gone by).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Once again, that's not my opinion, but it seems a lot of people think that way. Maybe because indeed, they still fill that everything that happened this century is "recent" (even though almost a quarter of century has already gone by).

Just made a thread discussing this very issue, check it out if you're interested.

On 3/19/2024 at 12:27 PM, Razzie.P said:

Nah, I figure it you happen to dig up something from 19th century, or 18th, or 17th, etc... we'll count those as old, too.

Someone needs to develop a game for a Jacquard loom. 

Sadly, Babbage's Difference Engine was never finished, or that could be another potential target for new game software. 

• Like 1

Clearly Nintendo's success has corrupted them to thwart any effort at a PS2 conversation. 

Just the other day I decided dust off my system and try out my favorite game #REDACTED#. Wow let me tell you, it was like #COPYRIGHT VIOLATION# and #EVIL CORPORATION TACTICS#. What a great #CEASE AND DESIST#

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, atarilovesyou said:

Funny, as I can to see if there was a Playstation (the original, I refuse to call it PS1, lol) sub forum. Looks like there isn't one for PS2 either? Was looking for some more in depth discussion of Dualshock repair. I'm not sure where to even ask anymore.

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/317143-the-official-playstation-thread/page/6/#comment-5439080

• Thanks 1