IGNORED

Dragon's Lair Command Module for TI99/4A *SOLD*

Hi all.

The game Dragon's Lair for TI99/4A by HarmlessLion with official license from Digital Leisure Inc. Only two hundred 155 units were made.

The full digitized video of the arcade game is in the cartridge.

In good state and working. $700 USD

Free shipping to USA, Canada and Europe. Only Paypal. No PO boxes.

20240326_112036.jpg

20240326_112052.jpg

20240326_112059.jpg

20240326_112101.jpg

20240326_112645.jpg

20240326_112723.jpg

20240326_112744.jpg

20240326_112755.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, nanochess said:

Only two hundred were made.

Only 155.  Bring up your price ;)

BTW: for anyone who is a Dragon's Lair collector, this is an officially-licensed product.  If you do not have it, your collection is not complete.

12 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Only 155.  Bring up your price ;)

BTW: for anyone who is a Dragon's Lair collector, this is an officially-licensed product.  If you do not have it, your collection is not complete.

Thanks! I've corrected it.

• Like 1

I always feel bad for homebrew developers whom put forth all the effort, yet due to time + scarcity end up with the least amount of profit from their work. 

That is NOT a knock against anyone selling their stuff for what people are willing to pay for it down the road, please don't read it as being so. It just kinda sucks for the developer.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, jesusc said:

I always feel bad for homebrew developers whom put forth all the effort, yet due to time + scarcity end up with the least amount of profit from their work.

There is a balance between a price which will put most of a product in the hands of real people, and prices which will put most of the product in hands of collectors.  Putting it in the hands of real people generally means there will be little to no profit, if not a loss.  Putting it in the hands of collectors means money, but little to no actual use of the game.  I scarcely imagine homebrew devs want their creations to languish.

21 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

There is a balance between a price which will put most of a product in the hands of real people, and prices which will put most of the product in hands of collectors.  Putting it in the hands of real people generally means there will be little to no profit, if not a loss.  Putting it in the hands of collectors means money, but little to no actual use of the game.  I scarcely imagine homebrew devs want their creations to languish.

This is fairly accurate and well said. I hate to say this as this likely to sit on my shelf for many, many years unplayed. I bought it for my collection. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Starwander said:

This is fairly accurate and well said. I hate to say this as this likely to sit on my shelf for many, many years unplayed. I bought it for my collection. 

Give it a try when you can.  I bet @nanochess gave it a good amount of play, and I can say my copy gets enough play to make up for ones that sit on a shelf, especially at VCF :D

10 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

Give it a try when you can.  I bet @nanochess gave it a good amount of play, and I can say my copy gets enough play to make up for ones that sit on a shelf, especially at VCF :D

I don't always have my TI99 hooked up but I love to bring it out and show off Dragon's Lair whenever I have someone around who appreciates DL or just games from that era.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

It was the most played game in my TI-99/4A.

Not every day you have a complete laserdisc inside a cartridge!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, eightbit said:

Play the thing.... you only live once.

I'd love to play this one day if I am ever so graced. Big DL fan and what a technical achievement in the TI99/4A.

Come to VCF-SE and play at my exhibit.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2024 at 2:03 PM, Starwander said:

This is the part that I have trouble with... not so much that I can't sell my own work for what other people can sell it for, but why put all the effort into it in the first place when a weighted box, or a crappy knock-off that plays like crap, would do just as well? ;)

Fortunately I did it for the challenge and not to make any kind of profit (I lost about $700 in the end all said, though that was almost entirely because of defective flash chips. I lost another $120 trying to settle my claim with the company who sold them to me. Grr.) So for better or for worse I put the time in. I'm glad people liked it and some people had fun with it, and it's also kind of cool to think it will be displayed as part of some people's collections.

• Like 4