IGNORED

Missing the frequent dumper/firmware updates.

4 minutes ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

I did get Pitfall II for Easter one year. That would be a great way for history to repeat itself.

I have recently aquired pitfall 2. Currently playing it on the original VCS at the mo...

• Like 1

It's been a month since the last experimental firmware, and nearly two weeks since the infamous announcement: 😉

On 3/15/2024 at 2:22 AM, Ben from Plaion said:

lol. A lots been happening, the Atari illuminati have decreed a cease to anything going out from me till they are happy.  So I'm zippy till Commodus gives the thumbs up.

I hope all is well in FirmwareLand 😀

But seriously, although it would be nice to have an update, good things come to those who wait.

Edited by infinite.pies
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Atari_Warlord said:

We need a surprise Easter drop.

An Easter surprise, huh?  I like that idea a lot!  Let's see, for Easter I would like...

To know more about that 3 in 1 cartridge!  Let's see, if history repeats itself...does this mean there will be another controller to pack this cart with?  Or, could it be a re-release of Saboteur, Aquaventure and Yars Return in one package?

The mind is wandering!

14 hours ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

Help me, Ben from Plaion, you're our only hope!

In all seriousness, how is it going? I'm fine with it where it is for now, but just curious if any recent testing on the back end has yielded any fun and exciting results?

Feeling real excited actually. There is a final(?) advanced bankswitch scheme that the guys are trying to figure out how to dump. Additionally, we have now access to the MCU that controls the controllers - there are two MCUs seperate to the main SOC, one for the dumper (that we've been updating for a while) and one for the I/O which includes the DB9 controller ports, we've recently got access to this MCU and someone has been looking into how to configure that MCU better to improve compatibility with various controllers.

I'm someone that often acts impulsively and deals with the fallout after, see my somewhat frenzied activity with getting the betas out and dumper after dumper. But this caused too much confusion and regressions.

Once the illuminati bestow the next build upon us, you'll see why its been a short while since the last build dropped.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Feeling real excited actually. There is a final(?) advanced bankswitch scheme that the guys are trying to figure out how to dump. Additionally, we have now access to the MCU that controls the controllers - there are two MCUs seperate to the main SOC, one for the dumper (that we've been updating for a while) and one for the I/O which includes the DB9 controller ports, we've recently got access to this MCU and someone has been looking into how to configure that MCU better to improve compatibility with various controllers.

I'm someone that often acts impulsively and deals with the fallout after, see my somewhat frenzied activity with getting the betas out and dumper after dumper. But this caused too much confusion and regressions.

Once the illuminati bestow the next build upon us, you'll see why its been a short while since the last build dropped.

Sounds like super high compatibility, driving controllers, improved paddle response and keypad may be around the corner. Good work guys! ✌🏻🤟🏻

Edited by JetmanUK
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Sounds like super high compatibility, driving controllers, improved paddle response and keypad may be around the corner. Good work guys! ✌🏻🤟🏻

Better compatibility for games yes. Jury is out on the controller improvements as only some evaluation has been done thus far and theoretical improvements have been suggested. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

This may get me to dumpster dive and try to find a crap PC to upgrade (before returning to the dumpster) 👍. Of course I’ll have to find one with USB ports that deliver power as well as connectivity - no doubt one of dozens of repair shops will have a broke-ass laptop without a screen I can use.