IGNORED

IntyBASIC Tiny Contest 2024!!!

17 hours ago, timwylie said:

What's the best "getting started with IntyBASIC" guide? Side notes: I'm on linux, and I have the first book, which might be the answer.

Check out the IntyBASIC programming sub-forum and kind of lurk there, many links and guides and super-knowledgeable and helpful persons.

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, YannAros said:

Is there any way to update my submission, I’ve found a bug slowing down the game in some conditions? I’ve also added the distance covered in game over screen.

Just post it again, and state that it replaces your previous submission.

2 hours ago, Peripheral said:

Just a quick question regarding one game's name "c" vs "k":

Is it Ms. Pacu Pacu or Ms. Paku Paku?

I'm guessing Pacu Pacu, but the original post uses Paku,

and the rom name also uses a k.

The original game's name that this is based off of is Paku Paku

16 hours ago, nanochess said:

Less than 24 hours to go!

If you have an Intellivision game under the pillow then it is time to send it! :party:

I'm a bit late to the party, but as this is my first Intellivision project, I needed all the time I could get as I was learning IntyBasic alongside developing my entry :).

So I've just submitted a tiny game titled Sheep It Up, based on a previous game I created for the Game Boy and Atari 2600.

I've been wanting to try my hand at IntyBASIC for quite some time, and this friendly competition centered on tiny games was the perfect motivation to finally get started, thanks a lot for running it!

I really enjoyed working with IntyBASIC, I must confess I've been amazed by all the features listed in the manual. I even attempted to make some "music" while it's usually something I have a very hard time to work on. Here it was very simple to have some notes playing thanks to the predefined instruments. I was even able to use them for some sound effects (game over, high score).

Now that my entry is finally completed and submitted, I'm looking at trying all the others games, they look very interesting, congrats everybody!

Edited by drludos
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, drludos said:

I'm a bit late to the party, but as this is my first Intellivision project, I needed all the time I could get as I was learning IntyBasic alongside developing my entry :).

So I've just submitted a tiny game titled Sheep It Up, based on a previous game I created for the Game Boy and Atari 2600.

I've been wanting to try my hand at IntyBASIC for quite some time, and this friendly competition centered on tiny games was the perfect motivation to finally get started, thanks a lot for running it!

I really enjoyed working with IntyBASIC, I must confess I've been amazed by all the features listed in the manual. I even attempted to make some "music" while it's usually something I have a very hard time to work on. Here it was very simple to have some notes playing thanks to the predefined instruments. I was even able to use them for some sound effects (game over, high score).

Now that my entry is finally completed and submitted, I'm looking at trying all the others games, they look very interesting, congrats everybody!

Wow! Thanks for coming to visit us in the Intellivision forums.

I'm glad you could get a grasp of the language in so few days, and the game looks pretty complete.

My current record is 5.

And BTW, the contest only runs for 5 hours more!

shot0003.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nanochess said:

Wow! Thanks for coming to visit us in the Intellivision forums.

I'm glad you could get a grasp of the language in so few days, and the game looks pretty complete.

My current record is 5.

And BTW, the contest only runs for 5 hours more!

shot0003.gif

I just scored 23 on the Atari 2600 version. I will have to try this one out.... 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drludos said:

Wowowowowowowow!  This game is addictive!  It's sort of like Doodle Jump, sort of like Up Monsters, but the sheep-with-vecro theme cracks me up and makes it even better! :)

Great job with the game -- it is lots of fun.  I couldn't stop playing it!  Here is my high-score:

shot0030.gif.127f9ec022198bad8c11bab0994595aa.gif

-dZ.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DZ-Jay said:

Wowowowowowowow!  This game is addictive!  It's sort of like Doodle Jump, sort of like Up Monsters, but the sheep-with-vecro theme cracks me up and makes it even better! :)

Great job with the game -- it is lots of fun.  I couldn't stop playing it!  Here is my high-score:

-dZ.

Man! Now everyone knows I'm bad at games 🤪

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nanochess said:

Man! Now everyone knows I'm bad at games 🤪

Don't worry, I am also bad at games but ... I played this one non-stop for about 20 minutes ... I JUST COULDN'T STOP!!! 😱

Every time the sheep would fall, it cracked me up!! LOL!

-dZ.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DZ-Jay said:

-dZ.

Woaw, congrats on the new record! :)

I felt that my highscore won't held for too long, but that was quick ;)!

Thanks a lot for the feedback, I'm glad you're enjoying the game.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Just finished playing some Sheep It Up! Super fun game... I like this Inty version better than the Atari 2600 version.... I just missed getting 50 pts.... 👍

EDIT: I also finished the Blob game, but it was on the 'simple' level.... :P 

IMG_0909.jpg.6a06a3dcf82e1498902249d8e7c41b54.jpg

Edited by Rickster8
Added in more text...
  • Like 5