IGNORED

CXSTICK note from Atari

TrogdarRobusto:

> Just wanted to let the community know that we (Atari, Plaion & Retro Games) are seeing and collecting all the reports of issues and questions related to the joystick and passing them on to the product team.
------------------------------

Which is great and really appreciated.

However, most of all, I certainly do hope You guys also are seeing and collecting all the reports of issues and questions related to the Atari 400 Mini firmware and passing them on to the product team.
They are here exactly: https://forums.atariage.com/topic/364674-firmware-update-suggestions

The machine gives me a lot of fun and been awaited impatiently but there are after all several bothering issues (most probably easy to resolve in future updates) like global config for the computer, full resolution of the Atari accessible from the carousel menu (display_start_line = 0; display_height = 240; display_width = 350 ) - and some other things.

Regards & good luck.
Y

Edited by yerzmyey

12 hours ago, WozNYC said:

This *really* bugs me.  Even with display height set to 212 and vertical offset set to 14, it still isn't enough.

You can clearly see this when using certain utilities or 16MB hard disk images. The text at the top of the screen gets cut off.

400.jpg

There is a workaround for that by manually changing the config file that is created for each software image on the USB stick.

More info here:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yerzmyey said:

like global config for the computer, full resolution of the Atari accessible from the carousel menu (display_start_line = 0; display_height = 240; display_width = 350 ) - and some other things.

53 minutes ago, Fred_M said:

There is a workaround for that by manually changing the config file that is created for each software image on the USB stick.

A global/default config, with bigger ranges for those values, would indeed be nice.

Ahead of that, I built a little tool that'll let you do such things - to entire collections of games if you want it to.

You can have it generate complete config files, with the settings you want, and then apply those configurations to one or more games.  You can use an existing .cfg file, created with the 400 Mini's configuration screen, and apply that to other games.  In both cases, those won't affect existing config files.

However, it also has the ability to update/apply new config files, or limited changes, to ALL of your config files:

So, let's say you wanted to set ALL of your existing games, that have .cfg files, you'd start by creating a file that has just the changes you want to make, and save it as, say, "display.cfg":

display_start_line = 0;
display_height = 240;
display_width = 350;

And then you can apply that to all of your games (that have .cfg files) with:

amet.py config update -r display.cfg "/folder/with/my/games/"

If you want to see which files it hits, add " -v 2" after the "-r".

If you don't have configs for all your games, it can create them and apply them, for which see the config "create" and "apply" commands.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fred_M said:

That's cool. but a bit of a pain. 👍

I also don't want to mess around with utilities. It should just have the correct set of ranges on the 400 Mini.

They really should have gotten people involved that know the Atari 8-bit line well.

• Like 3

The include joy is crap. I'm unterly disappointed in it. 

I also have the Atari VCS controller and can't get it to work at all. first thing I tried. 

Edit: I used the reset hole and was able to get the joy to work; but can't start breakout with it. 

Edited by zitt