IGNORED

Who didn’t parker brothers tell on each cartride for wich system their games do belong???

6 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

If I meant PlayStation 4,   Why would I not spend the extra second to type a "4"?

Sure, but in my case, I type "PlayStation" instead of "PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5" which also require to type twice Alt+255 to add non-breaking spaces before the 4 and the 5. 🧐

And I'm pretty sure people can guess that the games I'm talking about are not for the original Xbox or PlayStation, even if they often look retro.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

Sure, but in my case, I type "PlayStation" instead of "PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5" which also require to type twice Alt+255 to add non-breaking spaces before the 4 and the 5. 🧐

And I'm pretty sure people can guess that the games I'm talking about are not for the original Xbox or PlayStation, even if they often look retro.

What happens once ps6/7/8… or Xbox 720/two/parallel… come out? 
I mean, in general I read reviews/articles sometimes years if not decades after they were written.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

I mean, in general I read reviews/articles sometimes years if not decades after they were written.

Well, we'll see. I may not even write about video games anymore anyway... And I don't think people will read my release digests years after, they're not exactly articles. Also, I must precise I still have to type "PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5" if the two systems don't share the same PlayStation Store page (the whole point is providing the links to the store page).

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

OK Credit where due,...I'm still laughing,,1 (two),  Series (parallel)...That's pretty funny! 

I remember when Nintendo (Who always butchered up the names of their console right before release...Remember Ultra, and Dolphin?). changed the name of the Nintendo Revolution to the Wii.  We couldn't believe it!  I said what's the sequel gonna be called,  the Nintendo Wii Wii Wii all the way home?

9 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I'm not following you on the Alt+255 thing here, roots.  On my computer I type a "4" or a "5"...Something to do with links or?...And,  what are you writing if not articles?  I'm sure I'm missing something important...

9 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

This whole thing is more confusing than wondering who Parker Bros didn't tell when system their games be for.

I'm finding immense enjoyment from J-mu stressing over this one specific letter he accidentally chose wrong as opposed to everything he has ever written all the time.

But I'm thinking the problem might be this keyboard design he uses, where the keys constantly change places.

qwerty-flip_small.gif

It's very popular in Netherland, it's how they came up with their language after all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I remember when Nintendo (Who always butchered up the names of their console right before release...Remember Ultra, and Dolphin?). changed the name of the Nintendo Revolution to the Wii.  We couldn't believe it!  I said what's the sequel gonna be called,  the Nintendo Wii Wii Wii all the way home?

Nintendo only changed the name of the Ultra N64 to the Nintendo 64. Dolphin and Revolution were code names and were never intended as definitive names.

3 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I'm not following you on the Alt+255 thing here, roots.  On my computer I type a "4" or a "5"...Something to do with links or?...And,  what are you writing if not articles?  I'm sure I'm missing something important...

I know, it's technical. I just hate when a "4" or a "5" appears alone on the following line in a text, so I insert a non-breaking space BEFORE the number, which requires to select the space and type Alt+255 (on Windows at least). The point is to avoid this for instance:

blah blah blah blah PlayStation

4 blah blah blah blah

and get this instead:

blah blah blah blah

PlayStation 4 blah blah blah blah

And in languages like French, we also have the same problem with punctuation, since we type spaces before quotes, colons, exclamation points, etc.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, phoenixdownita said:

r Xbox 720/two/parallel…

Aren't we due for Xbox Vista?

7 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

said what's the sequel gonna be called,  the Nintendo Wii Wii Wii all the way home?

Instead we get "Wii U Wii U Wii U"  like an ambulance.

Or a Huey Lewis song "Do you believe in love?   Wii U Oh-Oh Wii U"

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, zzip said:

Instead we get "Wii U Wii U Wii U"  like an ambulance.

Or a Huey Lewis song "Do you believe in love?   Wii U Oh-Oh Wii U"

I believe the code name was the Revolution Shmevolution,  but that wasn't bad enough so they changed it.

On 4/25/2024 at 9:51 PM, phoenixdownita said:

Y and O are not even close vs the “vinger” which at least is a mistake by same key just one row too low (asdf.. vs zxcv..) … but you do know you can reread it and re-edit right?

And no your finger did not move too fast, it’s true mistakes happen but no need to make up excuses, and don’t swear to anything as we are at it.

Whether letters are close to each other or not, it can still often times happen that if you hit a letter and then quickly swipe to another one far away from the first one you did hit, that it then registers the other letter instead, and yes a can reread everything once again and correct certain mistakes, but only for 30 minutes? Why couldn’t they just give us unlimited time to edit stuff whenever we want it? , what if the whole written text takes longer then 30 minutes to read and you want to correct something at the near bothem of that text, well good luck tracking down that mistake within that half hour, if atariage could just give us unlimited time to edit stuff for correcting things, i guess everybody will be better with it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

OK Credit where due,...I'm still laughing,,1 (two),  Series (parallel)...That's pretty funny! 

6 hours ago, zzip said:

Aren't we due for Xbox Vista?

Seriously though … MS is terrible at naming.

What do you think they would name the next one?

xboxer

next box

xbox prime

xbox squared

xbox cube

xbox supreme

xbox the merciless (bonus points for catching the reference)

xbox turbo

xboxosaurus rex

Edited by phoenixdownita
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, johannesmutlu said:

Whether letters are close to each other or not, it can still often times happen that if you hit a letter and then quickly swipe to another one far away from the first one you did hit, that it then registers the other letter instead, and yes a can reread everything once again and correct certain mistakes, but only for 30 minutes? Why couldn’t they just give us unlimited time to edit stuff whenever we want it? , what if the whole written text takes longer then 30 minutes to read and you want to correct something at the near bothem of that text, well good luck tracking down that mistake within that half hour, if atariage could just give us unlimited time to edit stuff for correcting things, i guess everybody will be better with it.

If you subscribe you get much much longer.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, johannesmutlu said:

yes a can reread everything once again and correct certain mistakes, but only for 30 minutes?

Well, if you don't press "submit reply", you have all the time in the world to reread your post, silly!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Nintendo only changed the name of the Ultra N64 to the Nintendo 64. Dolphin and Revolution were code names and were never intended as definitive names.

blah blah blah blah

PlayStation 4 blah blah blah blah

That's just who they want you to think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/26/2024 at 4:06 PM, phoenixdownita said:

Seriously though … MS is terrible at naming.

What do you think they would name the next one?

xboxer

next box

xbox prime

xbox squared

xbox cube

xbox supreme

xbox the merciless (bonus points for catching the reference)

xbox turbo

xboxosaurus rex

Ybox. 😛

• Haha 2