IGNORED

Looking for "Screens" (device driver) by The Soft Cellar

I was just browsing through Atari articles in the old Computer Shopper, and happened upon this one from Nov. 1986 on a device driver called Screens (W: device). I searched around for this software, but all I've found is old reviews; no disk images. What really interested me is you can use it from Basic, and since it's a CIO driver, you can use I/O commands with it like Input and Print. Does anyone have this that they could upload (along with the manual)?

https://archive.org/details/computer-shopper-november-1986-vol-6-num-11-atari-articles/page/n3/mode/2up

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Well, turns out I found a source for it in my search (just didn't look like it at first).

SoulBuster posted an archive of 8-bit files, called "All ATR Thread v.19.zip" that has "Screens".

I still don't have the manual (anyone have that to upload?), but I looked at the disk image. In addition to the driver, it looks like it has all the code samples, demonstrating use.

Edited by markmiller
  • Like 4