IGNORED

Dm2k, Dm2k80, Dm2kts v4.0

Hi All,

I have been busy with Dm2k the past few weeks and today I release version 4.0 of Dm2k in three variaties:

Dm2k - Nothing new, just cleaned up the code and added a little progress bar as in Gdm2.

Dm2k80 - Same functionality as Dm2k but with two file lists. You need an 80 column card or F18A video processor and a SAMS memory for this program. This program functions (almost ) the same as Gdm2k.

Dm2kts - Just a test/debug version of Dm2k which also displays the file timestamps for storage devices which can handle this option like  WDS, TIPI and IDE (not the default yet). You need an 80 column card or F18A video processor for this program.

When reading a directory of a storage device the record length is normally 38 bytes (filename (10+1) and 3 values filetype (8+1), record length (8+1) and program size (8+1). For a storage device that also handles file timestamps the record length is 146 (filename, filetype, record length, program size and creation time/date (6 values x (8+1) (hour, minute, second, day, month, year) and last update time/date  (6 values x (8+1) (hour, minute, second, day, month, year).

For my TI99/4A and Geneve system I found for the following device these default record lengths:

TI99/4A

Geneve GPL mode

DSK1

DSK1 (hdc)

HDX1

HDX1

IDE1

IDE1

DSK0 (tipi)

-

-

WDS1

-

SCS1

image.png.b73342abf6e5d3163595312d74bf20f6.png

Mainscreen of Dm2k80.

These programs can be downloaded here: https://hexbus.com/ti99geek/Projects/dm2k/dm2k.html#dm2k

or here.

The ZIP file also contains binary files (.bin) for the FlashRom or FinalGrom99.

Enjoy.

dm2k_v40.zip

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

56 minutes ago, F.G. Kaal said:

Hi All,

I have been busy with Dm2k the past few weeks and today I release version 4.0 of Dm2k in three variaties:

Dm2k - Nothing new, just cleaned up the code and added a little progress bar as in Gdm2.

Dm2k80 - Same functionality as Dm2k but with two file lists. You need an 80 column card or F18A video processor and a SAMS memory for this program. This program functions (almost ) the same as Gdm2k.

Dm2kts - Just a test/debug version of Dm2k which also displays the file timestamps for storage devices which can handle this option like  WDS, TIPI and IDE (not the default yet). You need an 80 column card or F18A video processor for this program.

When reading a directory of a storage device the record length is normally 38 bytes (filename (10+1) and 3 values filetype (8+1), record length (8+1) and program size (8+1). For a storage device that also handles file timestamps the record length is 146 (filename, filetype, record length, program size and creation time/date (6 values x (8+1) (hour, minute, second, day, month, year) and last update time/date  (6 values x (8+1) (hour, minute, second, day, month, year).

For my TI99/4A and Geneve system I found for the following device these default record lengths:

TI99/4A

Geneve GPL mode

DSK1

DSK1 (hdc)

HDX1

HDX1

IDE1

IDE1

DSK0 (tipi)

-

-

WDS1

-

SCS1

image.png.b73342abf6e5d3163595312d74bf20f6.png

Mainscreen of Dm2k80.

These programs can be downloaded here: https://hexbus.com/ti99geek/Projects/dm2k/dm2k.html#dm2k

or here.

The ZIP file also contains binary files (.bin) for the FlashRom or FinalGrom99.

Enjoy.

dm2k_v40.zip 99.01 kB · 6 downloads

Love the fact you added 80 col support. -- Have you tried it out on actual v9938/58 system on the /4a -- I will myself later on today or tomorrow, that was one thing I was looking forward to seeing was support for 80 col mode.

Second, I use HDX alot currently, as still waiting for my TIPI, but I don't have a HDX DSR installed, so I been using the CF transfer program, does the DM2k80 also include that support, so I can just use my unmodified corcomp or ti PEB rs232 to access my HDX drive on my PC.

And lastly, does it support the timestamps for WHTech scsi card, I believe my WHTech ver. F has a clock in it, but I forgot how to set it, as I also have a clock on my PGram clock so not sure if that gets in the way.

Thanks again for your great software!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Is anyone else having problems loading the 80-column version of DM2K in MAME (with the EVPC card installed)? It will load fine from the 80-column MENU as a program image file but stops after DM2K82 to a blank, blue screen from the F'WEB utility program image loader.

If I dump the files to a disk drive (ex., DSK9 ) and load it from there using the F'WEB program image file loader, it loads fine.

The 40-column version loads fine from the utility loader. This has become a real puzzler!

Edited by atrax27407
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, atrax27407 said:

Is anyone else having problems loading the 80-column version of DM2K in MAME (with the EVPC card installed)? It will load fine from the 80-column MENU as a program image file but stops after DM2K82 to a blank, blue screen from the F'WEB utility program image loader.

I did not try the F'web loader, but it loads from Editor/Assembler option 5.

Posted (edited)

I took the easy way out. I added it to the main 80 column menu and it loads fine from there. I have no clue as to why it doesn't load with the F'WEB loader since all of the other E/A-5 programs load fine. There is apparently something in the DM2K82 file that f'WEB doesn't like.

I can load the 40-col version from F'WEB.

Edited by atrax27407

17 minutes ago, GDMike said:

Yes I too like the 80 col support...need colors though.

Yes so added colors would be nice you how funnelweb does it, but then the program would have to detect true v9938 or f18a 80 column mode, as each handle colors in text mode differently with f18a giving you more options.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

Love the fact you added 80 col support. -- Have you tried it out on actual v9938/58 system on the /4a -- I will myself later on today or tomorrow, that was one thing I was looking forward to seeing was support for 80 col mode.

Second, I use HDX alot currently, as still waiting for my TIPI, but I don't have a HDX DSR installed, so I been using the CF transfer program, does the DM2k80 also include that support, so I can just use my unmodified corcomp or ti PEB rs232 to access my HDX drive on my PC.

And lastly, does it support the timestamps for WHTech scsi card, I believe my WHTech ver. F has a clock in it, but I forgot how to set it, as I also have a clock on my PGram clock so not sure if that gets in the way.

Thanks again for your great software!

1) Tested the program in a TI99/4A with F18A VDP and a Geneve system.

2) Dm2k80 Doesn't support the HDX1. Didn't think of this option. I make a not for the next release.

3) Dm2kts: If the WHTECH SCSI card supports a clock and file time stamping and by default opens the directory with a record length of 146 it should. In the upper left corner you see the maximum files the file buffer can handle (MAXF=167) and the record length the device returns after opening the directory (RLEN= 38 or 146). 

Remember, this is a test/debug program. So I don't add anything for just the TI99/4A or Geneve. It must be operational for both. Have to add an option for forcing the record length to 38 or 146 but that is for some next time.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, atrax27407 said:

If I dump the files to a disk drive (ex., DSK9 ) and load it from there using the F'WEB program image file loader, it loads fine.

Rather strange phenomenon. There is no difference in how the two programs are build and/or loaded. The SAMS memory is only initialized after the program startup. So that can't be it.

finally tried out the 80col versions, looks nice, but sadly i don't have a SAMS card, so i can only display files, any attempt at moving or copying data fails horribly.

hopefully, my sams card will arrive soon. -- too bad it doesn't support other memory options or make use of the extra vdp ram (which i know isn't available on the f18a).

also for some strange reason, all the dm2k programs, including the du2k and the cfhdx transfer program i got to remember NEVER to use the Q for QUIT feature, as it fucks up on exiting and a few times it took the Horizon ramdisk with it, if it was the last device i was using. -- this has been issue for a while now with these programs not sure why.

On 5/15/2024 at 1:30 AM, MikeV said:

Incorporating all the greatest/ most advanced TI-related technology for use in one package? Simply amazing!

The v4.0 DM2K is great with the 80 column support. I'm wondering how to get it to use the time stamp with the IDE card that I have which uses the clock function. That clock function works with Forcecmd. 
Also, where can I buy a SAMS card?

46 minutes ago, rgjt said:

The v4.0 DM2K is great with the 80 column support. I'm wondering how to get it to use the time stamp with the IDE card that I have which uses the clock function. That clock function works with Forcecmd. 
Also, where can I buy a SAMS card?

Best place to grab a Sams card is from @arcadeshopper check out his store's website.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2024 at 10:13 AM, Vorticon said:

HDX support would be great. It's essential for disk transfers to/from the pcode system on real hardware.

Yes, HDX support would be great as I just finished upgrading the TIRS232 card with the HDX board. It's awesome having the ability to write TI files back to the PC and to use the PC as a hardware backup/archive for my IDE drives and Horizon 4000B Ramdisk on the TI. One feature that would be great would be the ability to write subdirectories between IDE drives and the PC HDX server. Regardless, some pretty impressive stuff for this old TI hardware. I'm still waiting for the 1 MB SAMS card to take advantage of the 80 column DM2K. Wishing for HDX support on the 80 column DM2K.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rgjt said:

Yes, HDX support would be great as I just finished upgrading the TIRS232 card with the HDX board. It's awesome having the ability to write TI files back to the PC and to use the PC as a hardware backup/archive for my IDE drives and Horizon 4000B Ramdisk on the TI. One feature that would be great would be the ability to write subdirectories between IDE drives and the PC HDX server. Regardless, some pretty impressive stuff for this old TI hardware. I'm still waiting for the 1 MB SAMS card to take advantage of the 80 column DM2K. Wishing for HDX support on the 80 column DM2K.

I like to see direct HDX support without the need to mod the ti card with the new dsr.

If you already done the mod then you don't need you can just type in hdx1 device and it should scan and find it at 1300

I currently use the cf transfer program designed originally for the nanoPEB as that has hdx support in it without the need to mod the rs232 card

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

I like to see direct HDX support without the need to mod the ti card with the new dsr.

second.jpg.77d20086a7f80a45d28816fcec0244ff.jpg

The HDX addition to DM2K is a fantastic feature.

3 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

If you already done the mod then you don't need you can just type in hdx1 device and it should scan and find it at 1300

I currently use the cf transfer program designed originally for the nanoPEB as that has hdx support in it without the need to mod the rs232 card

HDX1 only works with cfhdxs1. HDX1 is not recognized as a device with DM2K v4.0 or the 80column version or the test version. Hoping that this will change in the near future as it would be great to be able to copy subdirectories to the PC without having to open the subdirectory and copy each file over into a create subdirectory on the PC side.

15 minutes ago, rgjt said:

HDX1 only works with cfhdxs1. HDX1 is not recognized as a device with DM2K v4.0 or the 80column version or the test version.

Do you have an HDX-modified RS-232 card?

Yes I do. I finally got it finished. I had all the parts since last year but I was hesitant for fear of damaging the TI RS232 board with the removal of the 24 DIP ROM chip. I bought a desoldering vacuum iron and some good flux paste with a desoldering braid. Worked like a charm as I was able to pull the ROM chip out without having to pry it off. The legs on the ROM chip were not damaged whatsoever. I was very happy with the results. Some photos showing the condition of the top and bottom sides of the board after the chip removal and the finished product.

2024-06-01-135435_002.jpeg

2024-06-01-135419_002.jpeg

2024-06-01-163410_002.jpeg

• Like 1

um. this works fine with rs232 unmodded with hdx server.. only works as a file manager this way but its good for quick transfers esp with a nanopeb

https://hexbus.com/ti99geek/Projects/ti99hdx/Files/pgmhdx_v22.zip

see my write up here:

https://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/ti-99-4a-faq-pc-to-ti-transfers-with-stock-rs232-nanopeb-and-hdx-server/

• Like 1

On 6/3/2024 at 4:12 AM, rgjt said:

HDX1 only works with cfhdxs1. HDX1 is not recognized as a device with DM2K v4.0 or the 80column version or the test version.

The HDX DSR is build in the CFHDXS1 program. There is no memory space left in Dm2k v4.0. There is enough memory space in the 80 column version because it uses SAMS. But I don't know yet how to add more functionality to the program without adding a loader for that for which is no space left in the 32Kb region. Or some functionality has to go to make space for the HDX DSR.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, F.G. Kaal said:

The HDX DSR is build in the CFHDXS1 program. There is no memory space left in Dm2k v4.0. There is enough memory space in the 80 column version because it uses SAMS. But I don't know yet how to add more functionality to the program without adding a loader for that for which is no space left in the 32Kb region. Or some functionality has to go to make space for the HDX DSR.

how big is the hdx dsr? -- possible to add usage of the >6000 space or mini-memory space for those wishing to have that, as option to load in as extra file? all tho having it in the 80col one i guess for now would be great.

• Like 2

I tested version 4 with my newly built IDE card and I am running into issues copying files to it. I can create directories, but it errors out with an open/dsr error when attempting to copy files from a TIPI folder to it. I have yet to test copying from real floppies. 

No problems copying files from the TIPI to the IDE using Force Command. Anyone else encountered that issue?

• Like 1