IGNORED

Universal partners with Atari and Nightdive for John Carpenter's- The Thing

PowerDubs

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Giles N said:

This like a action-game or survival-horror…?

More survival horror than action, it's the official sequel of the  80s movie, definitely worth checking out now that it's being remastered.

Edited by JPF997
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JPF997 said:

More survival horror than action, it's the direct sequel of the original 80s movie, definitely worth checking out now that it's being remastered.

Well, it looks horrible enough but unfortunately I’ve often found past survival horrors to be utter snores…

I saw the movie waaay back in the 90ies. I believe I thought it was pretty good. 

I’ll wait around for the buzz to see if this is my thing.

On 6/8/2024 at 10:11 AM, Mockduck said:

The PS2 game, really?!?!? I remember that game being pretty bad even back in the day.

I remember it being less than the sum of its parts - no character from the movie is in the game, as it takes place (IIRC) after the movie's events. It's not a great shooter, wasn't great purely as a RPG... I remember it looking fine as a PS2 game but not spectacular. But the one thing that made the game irredeemable was that ...

You could test various other NPCs on your team and confirm that they weren't infected, and not let them out of your sight. However, if they were scripted to get infected then they would, later. Even if, after getting tested, they stayed at your side where you could see them. Which is fundamentally not how anything works in the franchise. It was the one "rule" in the setting you have to understand to and create your game around. 

• 3 weeks later...