IGNORED

Are any more classic 7800 games likely to get modern reprints?

T.A.P.

56 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Yes, we continue on the path we've set out on.

Ben from Plaion said: 

Yes, there will be more classic games getting re-prints.

AIR RAIDERS?

They say carrots may be good for your eyes but booze will double your vision! Lol!

AIR RAIDERS? AIR RAIDERS?

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Don't know about things Atari doesn't own, like baby pacman, but that would be cool.

As long as games keep selling, I see no reason to stop producing them.

I thought you meant remastered or something, I was going to suggest boxing, wrestling/boxing games are a rare breed on modern consoles. I could see Atari doing something akin to ready to rumble from like 25 years ago (god, is it really been that long?)

10 minutes ago, Ripweade said:

I would LOVE for Baby Pac Man to be re-released!  I don't care the price, I WILL buy one!

And I absolutely agree with Ikari Warriors, too.  I'm searching eBay and the prices are outrageous.

Commando is not an option. I asked.

Highly unlikely for Baby Pac Man, been discussed at length

Ikari Warriors is a funny coincidence as I made a move today, but I would say it's highly unlikely. 

It's just the way things are. I said it many times here on AA, peoples wants and desires for new releases do not normally stack up with the commercial proposition. It's regrettable, but when you are fully abreast of the situation it's understandable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Ikari Warriors is a funny coincidence as I made a move today, but I would say it's highly unlikely. 

It's just the way things are. I said it many times here on AA, peoples wants and desires for new releases do not normally stack up with the commercial proposition. It's regrettable, but when you are fully abreast of the situation it's understandable.

I'm sure there's a lot of legal matters to overcome, licenses and such, which makes sense my some will be a solid no-go.

I am just amazed at how much you and the team are doing, looking into, working with, and hurdles to overcome.  You all are amazing!  I doubt I'm alone when I say all your hard work is GREATLY appreciated!  Thank you!!!!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

I know it’s been mentioned before but how about Jeff Minter,I would love for some of his games to be brought onto the Atari system.🦙🦙🦙🦙🦙👍

• Like 2

Just now, Ripweade said:

I'm sure there's a lot of legal matters to overcome, licenses and such, which makes sense my some will be a solid no-go.

I am just amazed at how much you and the team are doing, looking into, working with, and hurdles to overcome.  You all are amazing!  I doubt I'm alone when I say all your hard work is GREATLY appreciated!  Thank you!!!!

Oh boy I need messages like this, thank you. You and other posters probably don't realise how much our thoughts chime in with yours. I can tell you Atari and myself talk about and try making these dreams a reality.

But we have to be grounded and things take time....boring to hear but that's the bottom line.

One thing I'd say is look at the publicly available evidence you get.... Atari bought some of Bob DeCresendzos catalogue a while back....BAM a few months later Atari make that catalogue front and centre of the new release wave...same with M-Network catalogue.

If you want to speculate and suggest look at the path of least resistance to Atari bringing out new product, the clues are there.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Microjak said:

I know it’s been mentioned before but how about Jeff Minter,I would love for some of his games to be brought onto the Atari system.🦙🦙🦙🦙🦙👍

Lol, can dreams come true.

Tell you what, you set up the deal with Jeff for a Tempest 7800 game, get him to develop it and give me the fully tested final bin in PAL and NTSC formats that burns to PCB cart design of my choice. 

Ill bankroll it all as long as it passes my strict profit and loss forecast.

I'll take care of all manufacture, product design, platform licensing, legals, regulatory compliance, age rating certification, retail distribution and logistics.

I'm not being mean or sarcastic. But your suggestion is no further removed from reality then if I or dare I say it Atari tried. Granted Wades probably got him in his rollodex but it's not that different! 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Lol, can dreams come true.

Tell you what, you set up the deal with Jeff for a Tempest 7800 game, get him to develop it and give me the fully tested final bin in PAL and NTSC formats that burns to PCB cart design of my choice. 

Ill bankroll it all as long as it passes my strict profit and loss forecast.

I'll take care of all manufacture, product design, platform licensing, legals, regulatory compliance, age rating certification, retail distribution and logistics.

I'm not being mean or sarcastic. But your suggestion is no further removed from reality then if I or dare I say it Atari tried. Granted Wades probably got him in his rollodex but it's not that different! 

Leave it with me👍

• Like 2