IGNORED

PRGE Photos

I thought I'd share some of the pictures I took today around the AtariAge booth.  I got to play with the 7800+, and I can confirm that Drone Patrol doesn't currently work on it.  I also got to meet up with Howard Scott Warshaw again, that was pretty cool.   It was packed today!

IMG_1186.JPG

IMG_1187.JPG

IMG_1188.JPG

IMG_1205.JPG

IMG_1207.JPG

IMG_1208.JPG

IMG_1209.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

IMG_1212.JPG

IMG_1213.JPG

IMG_1214.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_1216.JPG

IMG_1218.JPG

IMG_1219.JPG

IMG_1220.JPG

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

PRGE has turned into a total zoo, so I spent minimal time talking to the Champeaus. They left their driving controllers at home though, so I couldn't try it out again on Turbo. And I told Paul that you had feedback for him; I'll send you a PM with his contact info later.

Great news with your pending haul! PRGE was great again, although I had to make a triangle between AA, Songbird/Champ Games, and the Retrocade in order to escape the  Nintendo Cosplay Fantasy Explosion that is rapidly consuming this event.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

@Atarius Maximus thanks for the  photos. It was great seeing you again. Thank you for signing my carts.

No problem Steve. It was nice to see you again too.  

I waited in line for quite a while to meet Nolan Bushnell, he signed my Death Merchant game and my bag. :)

IMG_1263.jpeg

IMG_1257.jpeg

• Like 4

It was great seeing you at the show, Steve!  Glad you were able to meet Nolan Bushnell and have him sign those items, was amazing that he was there at the show with Atari having their first appearance at PRGE.  And thank you for your help tearing down the booth last night, that was hugely appreciated. Hope you enjoy everything you picked up at the show!

..Al

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, youxia said:

It's pretty rad you guys bothered to get some real CRTs in, big kudos for that!

Yeah, I've had these for some time, but the collection does continue to grow.  It is a tremendous amount of work getting these to the convention center and hooking them all up!  And we have a pile of them at this point that need to be recapped.  :)

..Al

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Albert said:

It was great seeing you at the show, Steve!  Glad you were able to meet Nolan Bushnell and have him sign those items, was amazing that he was there at the show with Atari having their first appearance at PRGE.  And thank you for your help tearing down the booth last night, that was hugely appreciated. Hope you enjoy everything you picked up at the show!

..Al

Thanks Al.  I had a fantastic time. It was great to see you again and I was happy to help.  One other kind of cool thing was an impromptu interview by a production company that Atari hired, there's a (slim) chance I'll be included in a video in the next update of Atari 50. :)

• Like 4

Great seeing familiar faces such as @Albert, @Atarius Maximus@-^CrossBow^-, @darryl1970, @johnnywc@keebz and @socrates63. Also really cool to meet the following people for the first time: @Ben from Plaion, @8bitPoet, @ZackAttack and @RickR. Special shout-out to @joesmooth. Thanks again for signing my copy of SCSIcide.

My apologies If I forgot anyone and hope to see you all again next year. :)

• Like 6

I'll post some pictures soon but in the mean time, here are the ZPH livestreams from PRGE 2024! (Now with fixed audio!)

- James

20240927 LIVE broadcast from PRGE 2024 - Day One: AtariAge New Releases & WIP

20240928 LIVE broadcast from PRGE 2024 - Day Two: Floor Tour

20240929 LIVE broadcast from PRGE 2024 - Day Three: Developer Interviews

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Here is a selection of my PRGE experience. I am more of a quantity over quality guy, because I really do it for the moments that will trigger a memory in a year or two.

However, I did manage to capture a few quality moments.

The following picture link is of the expo. Not sure why Google displays shares out of order.  Here are some keys about the pics:

1. Arcade section pics with full white lighting, & pics with random boxes and tables, are before the show opened, with the exception of #2. (It was later more of a black light ambiance.)
  2. Empty hall pictures are after many had cleared out. Around 5 hours after the show closed.
  3. Pizza shop is Sizzle Pizza. It's a favorite while there
  4. Scenic pictures are from the deck of the convention center
  5. Video of @sramirez2008 flipping Asteroids (He did this twice in one game) is at Ground Kontrol Arcade.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/V4BvhZQkzj5ygtgw9

The 360 camera display was a request. I wasn't as thorough this year, because my body wasn't up to walking too much.

(Seems to work best in Chrome, set to 2160p resolution. It wasn't like this the other day, but the picture is jerky in Firefox. Maybe it's a temp glitch.)

• Like 2