IGNORED

Atari is finally embracing their Japanese heritage

JPF997

Nolan Bushnell also had another arcade company later:  "Sente", another Japanese name also taken from Go.   Sente only made a few arcade games,  and got folded into Bally/Midway ironically making them a sister company with "Atari Games" now.

image.png.a28ef8ddd74a372a3892ae52d354976b.png

• Like 2

By the way, I'm surprised JPF hasn't created a topic yet about the fact that Wade Rosen shares his surname with David Rosen, one of SEGA's founders.

It could be titled "Atari and SEGA finally embracing they have been the same company all along" or something.

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

By the way, I'm surprised JPF hasn't created a topic yet about the fact that Wade Rosen shares his surname with David Rosen, one of SEGA's founders.

It could be titled "Atari and SEGA finally embracing they have been the same company all along" or something.

Funny you say that because there is a certain genre of fiction where this has already happened, I wonder which one it is 🤔 

https://cyberpunk.fandom.com/wiki/Segotari

image.jpeg

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Razzie.P said:

Wonder why they went with "O" instead of "A" for SEGATARI

In the article it says that in the original cyberpunk tabletop game they did call the company SegAtari but the company changed it's name to Segotari by 2045 (unfortunately  this is probably because of copyright laws ) .

Edited by JPF997
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/3/2024 at 9:28 PM, jgkspsx said:

I have to give it to you @JPF997 - friends who don't have accounts here are coming here to lurk just to watch your posts while enjoying buckets and buckets of popcorn.

I've heard he's been given the nickname, King of bad takes, on some Discord servers. 😆

On 10/3/2024 at 6:05 AM, roots.genoa said:

FINALLY! I wonder if they've been putting in hardwork collaborating on a Knight Rider game.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Neon Wraith said:

I can't believe this thread is still active.  I thought it would have been locked weeks ago.  In before the lock!!!

Locks were believed to have been invented in Egypt or Mesopotamia, I read.  So it would be pretty nice to see AtariAge finally embracing its Egyptian/Mesopotamian heritage.

Edited by Razzie.P
  • Like 2
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, JPF997 said:

Some people keep stating that my takes are bad but they never say which ones are bad and why, really gets the noggin jogging 😏 

Almost every take you've made on here has fit the definition of "bad", and as for why, a quick perusal of the corresponding threads will show plenty of reasons. So yeah, don't even try going there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/7/2024 at 2:29 PM, jgkspsx said:

The MODOK of bad takes.

At least he's not the Loc-Nar of bad takes, yet. Warn me if he starts melting people, ok. 

image.png.537c70ebdebd616227cab65baa2524dc.png

Nawwwww... JPF is fine.... and ok in my book...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1