IGNORED

Atari is finally embracing their Japanese heritage

JPF997

3 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Wait til his next bad take:

I mean you can disagree with my takes on X topics all you want but why do you need to talk behind my back like this ? 

In any event I'm going to slow down on  creating new topics going forward, I'm starting to run out of interesting topics to discuss at the moment.

Edited by JPF997

3 hours ago, JPF997 said:

I mean you can disagree with my takes on X topics all you want but why do you need to talk behind my back like this ? 

In any event I'm going to slow down on  creating new topics going forward, I'm starting to run out of interesting topics to discuss at the moment.

image.thumb.png.c6da51248add293746315e92268cccff.png

Just wanted to make sure you saw it. I didn't want you to think I was talking behind your back and making things up.

• Haha 6

23 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

image.thumb.png.c6da51248add293746315e92268cccff.png

Just wanted to make sure you saw it. I didn't want you to think I was talking behind your back and making things up.

I'm assuming that this is the   discord server that you were referring to right ? I mean sure people can think that some of  my takes are bad, I get a few things  wrong here and there, it's all apart of the process  of learning more about subjects/things that usually only older folks are into and that require extensive research.

On 10/10/2024 at 3:14 AM, JPF997 said:

How is it “talking behind your back” when it’s discussing stuff you posted on a public forum, under a topic YOU created? As I’ve said before, this is how conversation works. If you don’t want people to disagree, or challenge, stop posting these declarative statements as fact. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

Here's an alternative to this thread's bad take:

Why in the hell is nearly every video game now employing an Anime style theme? Why does every female character look like an incel's waifu pillow?

Can we calm down with the bandwagon creepiness and just go back to concentrating on making good games?

Agree. With Atari doing this more and more lately, I feel they are doing it just to appeal to a different audience. I like the old games and the recharged games. The other stuff just turns it into crap IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

Here's an alternative to this thread's bad take:

Why in the hell is nearly every video game now employing an Anime style theme? Why does every female character look like an incel's waifu pillow?

So you think that the existence of a beautiful anime character  is  solely for incels/nerds to jack off to it ?

I guess you most love the uglification of every  human character that is happening in  western triple A gaming right now , if the current trend continues Alloy is going to look more like an Eldritch abomination than a human female by Horizon 4 (let's not even talk about the Last of US).

1 hour ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

Can we calm down with the bandwagon creepiness and just go back to concentrating on making good games?

Beauty and good games go together like peanut butter and jelly, or have you not played Persona 5, Tekken 8 or FF VII remake yet ?

Edited by JPF997
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

Agree. With Atari doing this more and more lately, I feel they are doing it just to appeal to a different audience. I like the old games and the recharged games. The other stuff just turns it into crap IMO.

They are appealing to an audience that they once abandoned during the 80s and now they want them back, I'll let you guess who they are 😏 

9 minutes ago, JPF997 said:

So you think that the existence of a beautiful anime character  is  solely for incels/nerds to jack off to it ?

I don't consider cartoon characters to be "beautiful", but I think that since you do that answers your own question.

9 minutes ago, JPF997 said:

I guess you most love the uglification of every  human character that is happening in  western triple A gaming right now , if the current trend continues Alloy is going to look more like an Eldritch abomination than a human female by Horizon 4 (let's not even talk about the Last of US).

So you don't think anime is geared towards creeps who fap to cartoons, yet you're also upset that video game characters aren't attractive looking.

I believe this is called "telling on yourself"

Edited by John Stamos Mullet
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

I don't consider cartoon characters to be "beautiful", but I think that since you do that answers your own question.

So you don't think anime is geared towards creeps who fap to cartoons, yet you're also upset that video game characters aren't attractive looking.

I believe this is called "telling on yourself"

If You can't understand the beauty of something just because it's fictional that's a you problem. 

image.thumb.jpeg.9b49fd50018eab5b0afe3569f418bee6.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by JPF997

17 minutes ago, JPF997 said:

They are appealing to an audience that they once abandoned during the 80s and now they want them back, I'll let you guess who they are 😏 

FYI, not everybody who grew up in the 80's are Anime fans. Also, I'm not sure Atari ever abandoned anyone. If anything, people abandoned Atari because of the crap games some of the third parties were putting out. Honestly, they don't need Anime to make their games fun again.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, atarifan88 said:

FYI, not everybody who grew up in the 80's are Anime fans. Also, I'm not sure Atari ever abandoned anyone. If anything, people abandoned Atari because of the crap games some of the third parties were putting out. Honestly, they don't need Anime to make their games fun again.

Jack Tramiel completely abandoned the Eastern gaming markets in favor of appealing exclusively to western audiences and tastes, he paid dearly for it, it's good to see modern Atari try to win back audiences that previous iterations of the company abandoned (remember how the VCS only came out in the US) , appealing to more audiences is always a good thing in my book.

7 minutes ago, John Stamos Mullet said:

Bau Aishatyler GIF by Paramount+

This is the only thing I agree with you on so far, beautiful people in fiction and in real life don't exist just so that basement dwellers can jack off to them, if you have a healthy mind you can appreciate beauty without letting  dark thoughts infect your mind.

Edited by JPF997