IGNORED

Jaguar to PC

Mr_King

Not wanting to fuel any flames, but how hard would it have been to say, "whoops, no ST version, perhaps I was thinking about the Amiga version" or something.

It would have been SUPER-easy for me to do that. But I felt that it was kind of obvious after you (with all your research) had made it clear it wasn't the case... and I had started to enjoy the in-brain explosions that were going on.

Besides, I went to all that effort ;) of putting together a comparison image from multiple versions. It's clear as day to me that the artwork was almost completely reworked for the Jag version, albeit not in a "super dooper mega 64 bit wow" way, but a classier and smoother way. The Jaguar audio is fairly heavily reworked over the SNES, PC, Megadrive, and Amiga versions.

Right... it was a moot point after you put all that together, but I had said that prior to you posting it.

I remember a few things on the Jag PDR version I thought looked better than the SNES port such as your car paint job detail, reflection in puddles, and the little details in the track backgrounds (dessert level sticks out for some reason). Need to look at more PC stills & footage.

Looks like it goes:

SNES < PC < Jag

After booting Jag Val D and looking at the snowboarding footage from the SNES title, the Jag definitely shines. Very cool though as I didn't know it had a SNES counterpart. Thanks for sharing.