IGNORED

Starcat Developments Games Poll

Starcat

Hi folks !

Please take a second and visit the www.atari-jaguar64.de forum to vote for the Starcat Developments Game you're most looking forward to.

The poll is running for 14 days.

The URL is:

http://www.atari-jaguar64.de/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15

Thanks, this helps us to focus on the project that you're most interested in.

Regards, Lars.

Hi Lars,

Well, I like a good shoot 'em up. Star Alliance is starting to look really good (when looking at the screenshots). On the other hand, Eerieville looks way more professional. And with the engine you are creating, other exiting adventures may be created as well, that's a plus indeed.

So to be honest, I don't know what to pick ... Maybe I would go for eerieville, since that is something new for the Jag.

But Lars, tell me, as a programmer, what are you most exited about to work on at the moment? I mean, there is always a favorite. In other words, I think you should work on the game you feel best with at the moment. Cause a motivated creator just makes better creations. And you know we will by both games anyway!!! So it doesn't matter what you release first ...

Just my 2 cents ...

Cheers & looking forward playing both games ;)

Hi,

STAR ALLIANCE

yeah..what he said :P :D

No, no, no!

There is a veritable plethora of 2D shooters around for a multitude of platforms and the Jag has its share, the reasons for this being...

a) people still like them.

b) they are easier to program

The strange thing about 2D shooters is that those who support the developement of them are probably also those who complain that in the past people have not made use of the Jag and basically ported 16 games over as 16 bit games, I can't see a 2D shooter streatching it much either.

Well you can't have yor cake and eat it (Mmmm, cake) and I think its about time we had a few more games that attempt to make use of the Jags capabilities and I for one would like to see some more indepth RPG style games with good graphics for the the Jag, so now that the Assassain appears to be on permanent hold I vote for Eerievale

so basicly you are saying that star alliance isnt good? :D

no really. you got myst! what more do you want? blood? :P

its gonna be great. both games. :) but the more hooters the better!

see it this way: Once you played this errievele game. dunno whats it called again :P you dont want to play it again. simply cause you already played it out.

however once you played star alliance you can keep playing the game over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again :D

so basicly you are saying that star alliance isnt good? :D

no really. you got myst! what more do you want? blood? :P

its gonna be great. both games. :) but the more hooters the better!

see it this way: Once you played this errievele game. dunno whats it called again :P you dont want to play it again. simply cause you already played it out.

however once you played star alliance you can keep playing the game over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again :D

My vote is for: both games(like most everyone else here)...but I'd like to see Eerievale first. In part because it would be cool to have more RPG-ish adventure games on the Jag, and I'm just interested by the idea of a horror-adventure game. It'd also be great to have the Eerievale game engine available so others can start and work on some similar games. Star Alliance will be a good shooter and I do enjoy shooters so I'm also looking forward to that, but I think Trevor McFur and the Native demo will tide me over until it comes out. :party: :P

Hi !

It's very hard to tell to what percentage the games are done already.

The Eerievale engine is more or less finished and I can completely focus on the game design now, which means good progress thanks to the adventure editor that I wrote.

Star Alliance however is a very different topic, due to many problems the project was and still progressing only at a very slow pace.

The pronounciation of Eerievale is simple.... simply say both words after each other Eerie Vale. A bit like Sunnyvale (just with Eerie instead of Sunny) as somebody mentioned to me a few weeks ago. Kinda funny, because that similarity was new to me. :)

Btw, Dragonforce... I do not really understand you...

First of all, my favorite genre of all time is Adventure games. And I think probably the best games of all times were adventure games. (like the lucas arts games)

Not long ago you told me that the only adventures you ever played are Shadowgate (which can't compete with ANY good adventure game) and a freeware "adventure" game that lasts a few minutes.

How can you judge Eerievale without knowing ANYTHING about it ? You have never played any games that are like it. You can't tell if it's like Myst and if you listened to me, or knew a bit about adventure games, you would see immediately that it's very different to myst games. Did you even play Myst yet ?

Same with Star Alliance, how can you know how good it is ?

How can you tell that you can play the "over and over again" without it getting boring ? You've never played it. Not even seen it live. The only thing you have seen are a few screenshots.

And even more important is, you'll not be able to play ANY of them, because you don't even have a JagCD !

I think it's great when people appeciate my work and are looking forward to it, but it seems like what you're doing is always too much.

Best example is your signature here: "Sega is the best fuck the rest".

This is an ATARI forum, not a sega fanboy forum. While I think everybody should have their own opinion, you should try to not insult others.

But I think when you say "fuck the rest" that also means fuck atari, nintendo and whatever else made games that what they are today. Thousands of great games, great efforts and great companys. Without them nothing would be like it is today in the video game industry.

Same with Jag dev as well. First thing you do is saying you want to do games. You explain what they are about, raise hopes and then without even TRYING you just abandon that. Other people at least tried.

I could mention many other similar points here, but I'm running out of time (time to go to school).

Regards, Lars.

Hi !

It's very hard to tell to what percentage the games are done already.

The Eerievale engine is more or less finished and I can completely focus on the game design now, which means good progress thanks to the adventure editor that I wrote.

Star Alliance however is a very different topic, due to many problems the project was and still progressing only at a very slow pace.

The pronounciation of Eerievale is simple.... simply say both words after each other Eerie Vale. A bit like Sunnyvale (just with Eerie instead of Sunny) as somebody mentioned to me a few weeks ago. Kinda funny, because that similarity was new to me.   :)  

Btw, Dragonforce... I do not really understand you...

First of all, my favorite genre of all time is Adventure games. And I think probably the best games of all times were adventure games. (like the lucas arts games)

Not long ago you told me that the only adventures you ever played are Shadowgate (which can't compete with ANY good adventure game) and a freeware "adventure" game that lasts a few minutes.  

How can you judge Eerievale without knowing ANYTHING about it ? You have never played any games that are like it. You can't tell if it's like Myst and if you listened to me, or knew a bit about adventure games, you would see immediately that it's very different to myst games. Did you even play Myst yet ?

Same with Star Alliance, how can you know how good it is ?  

How can you tell that you can play the "over and over again" without it getting boring ? You've never played it. Not even seen it live. The only thing you have seen are a few screenshots.  

And even more important is, you'll not be able to play ANY of them, because you don't even have a JagCD !

I think it's great when people appeciate my work and are looking forward to it, but it seems like what you're doing is always too much.

Best example is your signature here: "Sega is the best fuck the rest".

This is an ATARI forum, not a sega fanboy forum. While I think everybody should have their own opinion, you should try to not insult others.

But I think when you say "fuck the rest" that also means fuck atari, nintendo and whatever else made games that what they are today. Thousands of great games, great efforts and great companys. Without them nothing would be like it is today in the video game industry.  

Same with Jag dev as well. First thing you do is saying you want to do games. You explain what they are about, raise hopes and then without even TRYING you just abandon that. Other people at least tried.

Well said.

No offense dragonforce, but the man is right. ;)

i think sega is the best and thats it ;) my opinion. atari jaguar has good games but in my eyes its not teh best consoles.

to starcat: I have riven now. and to be honest. its not as fun as i tought it would be but its not as bad either. so make that 3 games played in that gerne ;)

its funny that i lost a good job as a pocket pc programmer just because i liked the jaguar then (2 years ago) ofcourse it sounds easy for everyone. get a paypal account get a paypal account. i said to someone to send money to me trough paypal once ( he wanted to buy something) and it didnt accept it!) and where should i get a starcat dev cd? i tought of asking txg/mnx for some help but he didnt reply to me at all on msn messenger. so much for that help :| and nobody seems to can help me either even you. that can only accept paypal.

i havent got any jag dev tools for nearly 2 years!.

and i got the saturn development tools in 1 week!

see the difference. Doing everything is ok. but WHY CANT NOBODY HELP ON MY DAMN PAYPAL ACCOUNT :x . i got a paypal account. but i cannnot receive money! only send it. i can do bank transfer but its not accepted by you guys. nnnooooooooohh we want to use paypal :x westerin union? nnoooohh only paypal. the only guy i know that accepst western union is nick from 16/32 systems. and i really like it that i can send money to him trough western union.

and besides doing bjl isnt of any help either.because nobody has any time. i asked EVERYONE that did it

Stone, Txg/mxn, Htbaa and 3 other guys. but none had time. GREAT! so seeing that i am the one that has to be blamed on because i have done nothing. and have a bill of 150 euros every month on my ass and saving for my driving lessons and a goddamn new pc. means i am lazy :x i work for gods sake 48 hours a week and still goto school and am only 18 years old :x

i think its not suprising either that i have stopped chasing it. :x

and as far as the poll goes. you choose what game you want to create first. dont count my vote, seems as i havent played a shooter at all only r type series but dont count that one too.

And who is gonne play myst over and over again? its like comparing r type and myst. what games will you play the most? once you know everything of myst whats the fun about it. you know how to complete the game. know where every buttons are. and so forth

R type is a space shooter that is in my opinion is fun to play over and over again.

you can do whatever you want guys.believe what you want to believe. i am out of here.

albert. please lock my account. i DEMAND it.

i havent got any jag dev tools for nearly 2 years!.

perhaps instead of expecting to buy tools off people you should search the web.. I got all my dev tools via email and websites. Didn't cost me a penny.

see the difference. Doing everything is ok. but WHY CANT NOBODY HELP ON MY DAMN PAYPAL ACCOUNT :x . i got a paypal account. but i cannnot receive money! only send it.  i can do bank transfer but its not accepted by you guys. nnnooooooooohh we want to use paypal :x westerin union? nnoooohh only paypal. the only guy i know that accepst western union is nick from 16/32 systems. and i really like it that i can send money to him trough western union.

Perhaps instead of ranting at people here about paypal you should contact them for assistance, afterall it is THEIR system and nothing to do with us. However I would guess that the payment issue is due to the type of account of the recipient, I have paypal but cannot accept credit card payments, as that would require I upgrade my account and pay a subscription. You need to start thinking for yourself, if the average parent is capable of setting up and using paypal, then I think someone who can code should be able to do it almost with their eyes closed.

and besides doing bjl isnt of any help either.because nobody has any time. i asked EVERYONE that did it

People have lives of their own, don't demand they help you, my family is more important to me than JagDev, hell if StarCat asked me to beta his game and get my name in the credits and perhaps pay me cash, I would turn that down if it meant I would miss my family. (I'd guilt trip my family obvioulsy about the lost opportunity :) ).

Stone, Txg/mxn, Htbaa and 3 other guys. but none had time.  GREAT! so seeing that i am the one that has to be blamed on because i have done nothing. and have a bill of 150 euros every month on my ass and saving for my driving lessons and a goddamn new pc. means i am lazy :x  i work for gods sake 48 hours a week and still goto school and am only 18 years old :x  

Stone is busy with work and uni and other things, Txg/mnx I believe is probably very busy also.. etc etc.. whats wrong with them being busy? You are not being blamed for not doing anything, just your attitude is annoying to some people. You come here and say you want to code jag, and set your sig to be as anti-jag as possible, then expect people to take you serously? 'f**K the rest' implies that you have no interest in anything other than sega. Simply saying 'Sega is best' would be fine.. it shows you like sega the most and is not deflamatroy to all others.

i think its not suprising either that i have stopped chasing it.  :x

I think it's not suprising that people are reluctant to help you, you seem to blame them when you cannot do something or they are too busy.

And who is gonne play myst over and over again? its like comparing r type and myst. what games will you play the most? once you know everything of myst whats the fun about it. you know how to complete the game. know where every buttons are. and so forth

And to find every button and puzzle within myst? you have to play it more than once. An adventure is like reading a book. Some people with read one book over and over again, and NOTHING changes, they enjoy it.. other people will play an adventure over and over again, it depends on the person and game. You obvioulsy wouldn't play an adventure over and over again, thats just you, not everyone is the same.

R type is a space shooter that is in my opinion is fun to play over and over again.

exactly.. YOUR opinion.