IGNORED

Starcat Developments Games Poll

Starcat

Hi !

To dragonforce:

Riven is just like Myst. But as stated before, Eerievale isn't like Myst.

Besides, once you've finished a shooter you know just as well what it's all about and how to finish it. If you're not an adventure fan, that's ok. Maybe you're more of a shooter fan, but in that case you shouldn't judge adventures.

But I played adventures probably more than anything else. There are adventure games that I finished over 20 times in the past and that I still consider the most fun and greatest games of all times.

If you don't like a genre of a game, you can't judge the game. For example I would rate all those trend sport games like Tony Hawk Pro Skater with less than 40 %, because I think they are boring as hell. Some magazines who like the genre gave games like that over 96 % though.

About Jaguar dev:

I told you many times, get BJL (it's free, just a few $ in parts or free on CD if you had a JagCD), get the tools that are on my site (free too). That's all you need to do Jag dev.

When I started back in 99 it was a TON harder than now.

There were almost no sites with infos, tools, demos, source codes or examples. Just the underground docs and a few other sites, but nothing that can be compared with the tons of infos everybody can get easily these days.

And I started at the age of 14 afterall and started with an Alpine. I had to save my money and search for a dev kit for about a year. That was also the first time of me doing business with the USA and also I was still very new to the internet.

You're 18 and you still don't get such easy things done like getting BJL and downloading the tools ?

Either you're not made to be a game developer or you just didn't want it bad enough.

I'm sorry to say this, but when I remember what hard and stony road I had to travel to get all the tools, equipment, and effort I put into learning Jag coding, you're efforts to get started look like a joke.

You post a message and when there is nobody who rushes to help you and get everything together for you and teach you how to do it, it's not possible for you or what ?

Other developers at least got the dev kits and tried Jag coding before giving up. And I don't see any point why just about everybody else who trys can get a dev kit and get started in jag coding, except yourself.

Regards, Lars.

As was mentioned you can get Jag Tools on the web.

As for BJL, if getting the PROM mod done to your jag poses a problem why not download my BJL CD (if you have a JagCD) and you can skip the whole process of modding your jag. All you need is the BJL cable, which is pretty easy to make.

i havent got any jag dev tools for nearly 2 years!.

and i got the saturn development tools in 1 week!

I've referred to it as Myst-like for simplicity's sake, but Myst is the only graphical adventure i've ever played. I admit that it's a bit biased to view another game in the same light, even if it's quite different, but I dunno much about it. Granted, money permitting, i'll get them both, but I've been looking forward to Star Alliance for a while now, so my favor leans in it's direction. Don't get me wrong, though, cause I do want to play Eerievale as well. As far as preferences go, though, Star Alliance gets my vote, y'know Starcat?

Hi folks !

TheGrandPubaa:

I'm sorry for the posts to Dragonforce in the forum. The point is just that when talking to him in ICQ, I told him many things again and again already in the past and it just was too much. Like always repeating how interested he was in Star Alliance without knowing much about it, and in the same sentence saying that he had no intention of paying the high JagCD prices. The way he always said stuff like that, it had more of an ironic touche than anything true. I know this should have been settled on a private base and not on this forum, but it happened. Sorry about it.

The only real similarity with Myst is the view. The whole rest of the game will be much more focussed on games like the classic lucas arts games. With items, inventory, other puzzles than in myst, people to talk to etc.

Linkovitch:

I know uninvited. Actually I have the PC version (for win 3.1 ;) ) right here. The question is what you are thking of when you say "like uninvited"

. The interface will be very different and more focussed on the lucas arts games, as you can probably see on the screenshots.

But of course it also plays in an old mansion and allows you to walk around the area, outside as well. The most important difference might be, you can't die in Eerievale. (At least I have no plans to let the player die at the moment.) It's long ago since I played Uninvited a bit (maybe it's time to do it again :D ), but from what I remember some puzzles in Eerievale might be in a similar way. I do not mean taken them from other games, but some might be in a similar way of thinking.

Walter:

Yes all my projects will be CD based and of course encrypted.

Memory Track will very likely be used to save, although I haven't used the Memory Track yet or looked into the details how exactly they are used.

Regards, Lars.

see the difference. Doing everything is ok. but WHY CANT NOBODY HELP ON MY DAMN PAYPAL ACCOUNT :x . i got a paypal account. but i cannnot receive money! only send it.  i can do bank transfer but its not accepted by you guys. nnnooooooooohh we want to use paypal

LinkoVitch is correct - you really should have checked and understood the the conditions of your Pay Pal account before accusing us of being at fault.

The basic account only allows you to send money via a credit card and most poeple with a Pay Pal account use this method of payment rather than Direct Transfere due to the additional protection provided by the Credit Card policy in terms of both fraud and damaged/lost goods.

In order for you to recieve payment you need to upgrade your account to the next level (Premier I think its called) which is exactly what I had to do when I had to sell some stuff, unless they have changed things this is a small one off payment of about $5 and not an annual subscription as LinkoVitch intermated and is totally worth it for such a small payment as you will easily get it back in terms of easy of selling/purchasing and saving in both time and traditional banking fees involved in sending/obtaining money in a forgien currency.

Hi folks !

I know uninvited. Actually I have the PC version (for win 3.1 ;) ) right here. The question is what you are thking of when you say "like uninvited"

. The interface will be very different and more focussed on the lucas arts games, as you can probably see on the screenshots.

But of course it also plays in an old mansion and allows you to walk around the area, outside as well. The most important difference might be, you can't die in Eerievale. (At least I have no plans to let the player die at the moment.) It's long ago since I played Uninvited a bit (maybe it's time to do it again  :D ), but from what I remember some puzzles in Eerievale might be in a similar way. I do not mean taken them from other games, but some might be in a similar way of thinking.

I was refering to the point and click method used, where you say select an object on the screen and drag it into your inventory window.

Don't all the Lucas Arts games tend to have an animated character which you direct around the screen? This is why I was thinking more like Univited.. (which I downloaded the ST disk image for last night after my post :) ).

I can't wait to see what you are going to do with this game, it's a genre I really enjoy.

A new Jag title is a new Jag title and I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of either/both.

Hmmm, so how many copies should I put you down for:

"Blank Cart - A new cart for the jaguar, not much gameplay (none) no graphics.. hell it doesn't even boot! NEW only to the Atari Jaguar"

or

"comming soon for your JagCD... BLANK DISC! the followup to the award winning Blank Cart, now with 650 MB of NOTHING! unparalleled lazyness, it's not even got a label! - only on Atari Jaguar... well also availible for anything you can shove a CD in really :) yeah! MULTIPLATFORM SUPPORT! :)"

I'll stop now and go to my works christmas party instead :)

A new Jag title is a new Jag title and I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of either/both.

Hmmm, so how many copies should I put you down for:

"Blank Cart - A new cart for the jaguar, not much gameplay (none) no graphics.. hell it doesn't even boot! NEW only to the Atari Jaguar"

or

"comming soon for your JagCD... BLANK DISC! the followup to the award winning Blank Cart, now with 650 MB of NOTHING! unparalleled lazyness, it's not even got a label! - only on Atari Jaguar... well also availible for anything you can shove a CD in really :) yeah! MULTIPLATFORM SUPPORT! :)"

I'll stop now and go to my works christmas party instead :)

Ooo, ooo! Put me down for two a piece! :D

One for "use" and one for backup 8)

"sigh" this is gonna be really my last post here. and it really seems that albert hasnt either received my email. so check youre email albert. i will soon send you 30 emails. atleast one of them should pop up at youre inbox.

As far as you shitheads going on. Its like you totally dont remember what i am, are you guys?

its like you all read the half of the post then give a reply. or you dont understand mt english at all. or should i talk japanese for gods sake? maybe that helps!

私の名前は である、 18 年古い。 私の名前を覚えなさいか。 よい! :x

starcat に関しては行く。 私は私が短い記憶損失を有すること数回を言った。 そしてはい私はdidnt jagcd の支払をしたいと思う。 私はjagcd のための140 を意味する! 実質ある! そしてだれも時間がないのでbjl のisnt 選択。 そしてそれらが時間I のdidnt を持っていたそれのためのお金を持っていた! 話す事私達は素晴らしい一続きのisnt を実際に話した。 そして私はあなた及びぎざぎざのコミュニティが実際にいかにあるか見ることができる。 すべて吸う。 驚異の雷鳥無し、 多くがぎざぎざ場面を断念したかだれsauron 及び私は知らない。

そして私が決して星のallience をしなくても。 私のとても投票をより数えてはいけない! そしてDOOM3 を待ちたいと思わないことを私に言ってはいけない 半減期2 どちらか! 決してそれらのゲームをどちらかしなかったので! そしてそれがであるものの考えを持ってはいけない! それは実際に私の投票の懸命にかむようである。 そうそれを数えてはいけない!

数えてはいけないそれを!!!!!

私はすべてを読まない為のyoure のshittyfaces でprobaly 持っているpoo をあるのですべてこれを最終的に読むことができることを望む。 または私の英語を理解しない!

アルバートまで行きなさい。 私は最終的に私の記述を削除するまでE-メールを送る! :x

そしてATARI まで行く。 ATARI 従って私よりハードウェアでより長く持続するSEGA は(まだアーケードと共に生きているがある) SEGA と意味するものを知らないし、! 吸う。 SEGA DREAMCAST を所有する、 それの演劇のゲーム、 エミュレーター及びまだDISS それか。 THATS 最も悲しい行為!

SegaExtreme に私に今後は行くほしいと思うものは何でもすることができる。

and here is the english translation!

my name is , 18 years old. remember my name? good! :x

as for starcat goes. i have told you several times that i have short memory loss. and yes i didnt want to pay for the jagcd. i mean 140 for a jagcd! are you real! and bjl isnt a option because nobody has time. and if they did had time i didnt had money for it! talking things we talked bout isnt really nice. and i can see how you and the jag community really are. you all suck. no wonder thunderbird, sauron and i dont know who more had abandoned the jag scene.

and even if i never played star allience. DONT COUNT MY FUCKING VOTE THAN! AND DONT TELL ME YOU DONT WANT TO WAIT FOR DOOM3, HALF LIFE 2 EITHER! because you never played those games either! and have no idea of what it will be! it really seems my VOTE bites you hard. so dont COUNT it!

DONT COUNT IT!!!!!

i hope you all can read this finally since you are probaly have poo in youre shittyfaces for not reading everything. or not understanding my english!

as far as albert go. I WILL EMAIL YOU TILL YOU FINALLY DELETE MY ACCOUNT! :x

AND AS FAR AS ATARI GOES. SEGA LASTED LONGER ON ITS HARDWARE (AND STILL IS ALIVE WITH ITS ARCADE) THAN ATARI SO I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN WITH SEGA SUCKS!. YOU OWN A SEGA DREAMCAST, PLAY GAMES ON IT, EMULATORS AND STILL DISS IT? THATS THE MOST PATHETIC ACTION EVER!

you can do whatever you want to i am from now on gone to SegaExtreme.

Hi Sauron !

No, there never was an estimated release date for my projects.

Like some other developers stated before "it's done when it's done".

Tieing myself to a fixed release date doesn't make sense to me, because if I can't keep it, I'll just be stressed, dissapoint people and/or have to release an incomplete product and I want to do neither of those things.

to dragonforce:

I do not really have much to say to your previous post, because I think I said everything already that is to be said, but I think it's just sad that you have to fill the gaps in your posts that are created by missing arguments for your opinion with insults.

Good arguments are the base of every conversation. If you don't have any, conversation doesn't make any sense at all.

Regards, Lars.

Hi Sauron !
:lol:

Hi yourself, but I'm the other "S" man. :D

No, there never was an estimated release date for my projects.

Like some other developers stated before "it's done when it's done".

Tieing myself to a fixed release date doesn't make sense to me, because if I can't keep it, I'll just be stressed, dissapoint people and/or have to release an incomplete product and I want to do neither of those things.

Cool. Thanks for the clarity. :)

Man, I always seem to show up late for all the best lunatic rants! Luv them lunatic rants! And really, who'd have guessed he was 18?! :roll:

Anyway, back to voting, Starcat. I looked at both games-in-progress, and it really is a tough decision. But I'd have to say my vote is for Eerievale. It looks unique to our system, and it sounds like you could be done with it a bit quicker than with Star Alliance.

I like shooters, sure, so I do hope both games get completed eventually. I'll be here with money in hand!

Thanks for developing for the Jag! :D

"comming soon for your JagCD... BLANK DISC! the followup to the award winning Blank Cart, now with 650 MB of NOTHING!

Hey Linkadelic, you do realize the Jag CD is a custom 790 mb format don't you?

Err there are a few explanations

1) it's THAT lazy it doesn't even fill the CD with blankness.

2) The sticking to 650 gives the extra multiplatform support

3) and some other reason that I am too lazy to think of

:)

:P