IGNORED

vector

Well, time passes and nothing happens.... Sad, but true. :sad:

WHERE ARE all those volunteers that promised to finish VECTOR game ?!? :roll: :yawn:

Fox told me recently that nobody contacted him and asked about this game so far .... :? :roll:

He doesn't want to meddle in it, anyway....

If somebody would write him, Fox tried to help a bit, maybe.

And I tell ya the secret:

Full source of VECTOR is included in NUMEN's source (freely available).

There is a piece of code in it that allows to walk, fly, swim, jump, use elevator, open doors, etc. There is only one command needed to compile and run it in emulator (using NUMEN's maps). And also only one command is required to run level editor... :|

Well' date=' time passes and nothing happens.... Sad, but true. :sad:

WHERE ARE all those [i']volunteers[/i] that promised to finish VECTOR game ?!? :roll: :yawn:

Fox told me recently that nobody contacted him and asked about this game so far .... :? :roll:

He doesn't want to meddle in it, anyway....

If somebody would write him, Fox tried to help a bit, maybe.

And I tell ya the secret:

Full source of VECTOR is included in NUMEN's source (freely available).

There is a piece of code in it that allows to walk, fly, swim, jump, use elevator, open doors, etc. There is only one command needed to compile and run it in emulator (using NUMEN's maps). And also only one command is required to run level editor... :|

:ponder: sorry... I havent been on the computer for so long. (4 days?) too busy with gta double pack. Anyhow. I have send a email to fox. which i forgot to do so first.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Dragonforce-Europe, can you say us about

any progress with VECTOR game ???

I recently found out the level-editor for designing maps for NUMEN ("BUILD") can be run from Windows XP as well. :) So, there's no excuse for anybody from not doing levels for that game!!!

Where can be d/l-ed that editor? It is spreaded together with DUKE NUKEM 3D. Well, look round the net and search for some modification/patched versions like this:

[pc - eng] Duke Nukem 3D - For Win Xp - Opengl

Tested. Works fine on my WinXP SP2. :D

Dracon - Ive never heard that you can use the Duke Nukem level editor for Vector?

Well, it seems you are surprised again (you said about it before)... :P

Limitations?

yes, there are some. But I forgot the details, unfortunately.... :?

Besides, let me suggest you should ask the right person (Dragonforce) who got all the data and tips from FOX.

Searching thru this forum you might find some info as well...

Ahhh, and remember maps from Duke3D cannot be used directly in VECTOR.... ;)

• 11 months later...
Just say Vector in the development area.  Looked pretty cool!  :D

1030749[/snapback]

Can you post a link, I can't seem to find it. In the homebrew area? Development area? where?

Dracon - Ive never heard that you can use the Duke Nukem level editor for Vector?

Limitations?

823874[/snapback]

it's actually very easy to play around with the vector / duke dukem engine, which you can find in the Numen sources. http://numen.scene.pl/.

When I investigated the numen sources I was suprised to find make-targets to not only build the 3d-parts but also to generate a "game". With that you can control the player by joystick or keyboard. It's rather amusing to walk around in the levels as used in Numen. Also I found out that it is very easy and fun to create your own levels using a normal Duke Nukem 3D level editor like Ken Silverman's build editor.

though Numen was created using a Win98 setup, everything can easily be build with WinXP too.

grtx,

\twh

post-2336-1142116474_thumb.jpg

post-2336-1142116604_thumb.jpg

post-2336-1142116614_thumb.jpg

vector.zip

When I investigated the numen sources I was suprised to find make-targets to not only build the 3d-parts but also to generate a "game". With that you can control the player by joystick or keyboard. It's rather amusing to walk around in the levels as used in Numen.

Why did you set black as transparent in those GIFs?

When I investigated the numen sources I was suprised to find make-targets to not only build the 3d-parts but also to generate a "game". With that you can control the player by joystick or keyboard. It's rather amusing to walk around in the levels as used in Numen.

Why did you set black as transparent in those GIFs?

by accident :)

\twh